Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftx View Post
    i`ll try to respec my weapon today. still need 4k AP. when i get it i`ll tell us what`s happened
    Sooo, how is the grind going? I really am curios if that is the trigger - only one more big fuck up to screw with us warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere2Be View Post
    The only other class/spec I know of that has a rep lock is MM Hunter and all you do is buy it with gold.
    Naw a few are rep locked.

But I dont think anyone but warrior is locked to two reps
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Ahhh, Gotcha. Wasn't aware of that, I don't play or care about much else other than my Warrior.

I'm about 2k away from getting to rank 22. Instead of using the rank, I'll reset instead. I'm also 5 points into my artifact research and exalted with the nightfallen. I'm gonna test this on the PTR first tho. Will let you all know how it went.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, just reset my talents. No quest available after doing this.

Deleted
    Hey, just something I noticed, when I jumped into the arena to pick up the chest, one behind one of the sides of the door, there was a hostile NPC, At first I thought it was a bug, but then after I looted the chest, he disappeared.

I'll post a screeny of where he was below.

http://prntscr.com/cm775a

I don't know if this has any revelation to the artifact weapon, but I sure did notice it.

Either way, next time the chest spawns, I will check it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Hey, just something I noticed, when I jumped into the arena to pick up the chest, one behind one of the sides of the door, there was a hostile NPC, At first I thought it was a bug, but then after I looted the chest, he disappeared.

I don't know if this has any revelation to the artifact weapon, but I sure did notice it.

Not related, that guy will jump into the ring and bladestorm until killed to prevent stalemates during a zerg for the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post

He is kinda the reset button. If to many people get in, he jumps in. If you kill him, he drops an item you can pick up and use that causes you to insta kill bladestorm people. Essentially, whomever gets that wins.

i have this hypotesis on this matter:

since the fury one is linked to the rep of the Valarjar to exalted and Artifact Knowledge lvl 4; Prot one is to Artifact Knowledge lvl 5... Don't you think the arms one will be linked to PvP or rating related?, since the quest final objetive is to beat High Overlord Saurfang in duel i thought it will be raleted to arena (maybe 1800+) and artifact knowledge 5, same as prot and the ubication of the staring quest will be on Skyhold or finding the axe on the broken shore (the last place where we saw Saurfang falling).

what do you think?, i would like to know. And if someone cover both requistes of my hypotesis can you share with us your finds?.

Thank you for your time and have a great day (sorry for my bad english)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucultlan View Post

since the fury one is linked to the rep of the Valarjar to exalted and Artifact Knowledge lvl 4; Prot one is to Artifact Knowledge lvl 5... Don't you think the arms one will be linked to PvP or rating related?, since the quest final objetive is to beat High Overlord Saurfang in duel i thought it will be raleted to arena (maybe 1800+) and artifact knowledge 5, same as prot and the ubication of the staring quest will be on Skyhold or finding the axe on the broken shore (the last place where we saw Saurfang falling).

what do you think?, i would like to know. And if someone cover both requistes of my hypotesis can you share with us your finds?.

As a pure PvE player, i fucking hope that is completely flat out wrong. That would be some real bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethmold View Post
    As a pure PvE player, i fucking hope that is completely flat out wrong. That would be some real bullshit.
    It would fit in with the fact that the hidden skin is the Arcanite Reaper. Arms was almost never used in PvE in vanilla, unless a fight had some sort of healing mechanic where MS was needed, and the arcanite reaper was mostly used by rets and wars in bg's who didnt farm their AV rep.

i thought on this because even in the beta no one was able to obtain it via PvE ways, so that only left the PvP

and i tried to get help or thoughts on this on arenajunkies but no one say something, so.... it will be good if someone can share his findings with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    Sooo, how is the grind going? I really am curios if that is the trigger - only one more big fuck up to screw with us warriors.
    Someone tell me to not do that on live server since they tested it again on ptr and return no skin. So, i`ll wait a little more time to do that.

To keep everyone up to date, I've scoured every inch of the Emerald Nightmare and turned up nothing. Looks like the Thura Saurfang hope was a bust.

I'm more convinced that if it's not gated behind some truly obscure mechanic or later patch, it probably requires exalted with Wardens, as that's about the only faction nobody has pushed yet.

Getting the quest for it on the PTR was probably just the result of a lucky bug, seeing as nobody, including the guy who got first got it, has been able to replicate it yet.

Not sure how that would make any sense. At least the Valarjar have a connection to the Fury artifact to ''justify'' it being gated behind their rep. The Wardens have no connection to the Arcanite Reaper or Saurfang.

Then again, with how obscure and contrived some of those requirements are, at this point I'm not sure I would be surprised.

I suspect it's just an AK gated questline myself. Which would make 3/3 on Warrior artifacts gated behind AK.

i thought on this because even in the beta no one was able to obtain it via PvE ways, so that only left the PvP

and i tried to get help or thoughts on this on arenajunkies but no one say something, so.... it will be good if someone can share his findings with it
    It wouldn't surprise me if you needed a certain level of PvP prestige to get the skin.

Anyone here have any sort of prestige? Its been a vastly unpopular system, so it would also explain why we've not heard anything from anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if you needed a certain level of PvP prestige to get the skin.

Anyone here have any sort of prestige? Its been a vastly unpopular system, so it would also explain why we've not heard anything from anyone.
    But... but.. we already got an PvP appearance.
    On the way to prestige level 2, the PvE grind and raid opening halted my PvP progress for now, so it'll take a bit until I can say somethin more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethmold View Post
    Ret does have to do AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    But... but.. we already got an PvP appearance.
    On the way to prestige level 2, the PvE grind and raid opening halted my PvP progress for now, so it'll take a bit until I can say somethin more about it.
    And plenty of hidden skins are gated behind raid content.

Its not far fetched to assume that some of them are behind PvP. Maybe not strictly prestige, but ranking, kills, a certain number of arenas or BG etc...

Deleted
    Prot artifact is connected to its creator - Magnar Icebreaker who is also in skyhold, so the AK lock seems logical.
    Fury artifact is connected to the consept of polarities, a force of good and a force of evil - A thunder dragon and a shadow dragon, and a Valarjar to tie them together, all well within Valarjar story telling.
    Last we have the arms weapon, originally created by ancient Vrykul, wielded by the first king of Humans. its connected to Helgar, Helgar works the Forge of Odyn, the place where all artifact upgrading takes place - his purpose disappears completely when an artifact unlocks all its traits, in addition his dialogue becomes unique when the ability to start the quest is available.
    Also, his first dialogue turns to "You sword has made me wonder if it would be better as an Axe" suggesting he has become very familiar with the sword, likely caused from helping the sword reach its full potential, so now he's looking for other ways to strenghten it.

So, my guess is that its connected to upgrading Strom'kar to its full power. (Only the traits, the level ups you can do afterwards is artifact mastery, so your ability to wield the sword)

in conclusion, the occurence on the ptr was a bug, Tankelele shouldnt have been able to get the quest, and while not even being finished with the class hall campaign, i think this is a very very plausible.

We also dont know at this point if the raid gated skins are locked out of LFR, if so then i could see it might be locked behind casual pvp, but nothing rating related.