Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    During the two week vacation. I could stretch it to 4 weeks but I need to see some difference in the first two weeks or else I might lose interest.
    So 2 weeks to see results...and you're already pretty thin...

I think in that amount of time you can recover from liposuction on your stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    No pulling motions like at all. Crunches as some kind of reward on completion of the program?
    WTF did I just waste 5mins of my life on?

I have never seen a more useless unbalanced routine.
    I should've added that I only meant the running part of the plan, I do what it says every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and apart from that I do my own strength exercises on the side in addition. I found the ones in the plan to be boring/useless.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So 2 weeks to see results...and you're already pretty thin...

I think in that amount of time you can recover from liposuction on your stomach.
    I think you'd be a great comedian. Atleast your posts in this thread has me rolling on the floor laughing. "Go get a liposuction", "Starve yourself to death with 800 calories a day" wth man?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If you want to loose fat you need to burn it and you burn fat by doing cardio. Weightlifting and sit-ups won't burn any fat.

I suggest doing burpees, jumping jacks or something similar if you don't want to go out and run.
    What a load of nonsense, you burn fat by consuming less calories than you burn.. You can do that sitting on your ass if it pleases you.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    A man without the fat belly is like a Mercedes without the logo...
    Whatever makes you sleep at night.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to loose fat you need to burn it and you burn fat by doing cardio. Weightlifting and sit-ups won't burn any fat.

I suggest doing burpees, jumping jacks or something similar if you don't want to go out and run.
    False, better overall muscleature = higher rate of burning fat. One should work on both cardio and overall body.

Quote Originally Posted by Egor2765 View Post
    I think you'd be a great comedian. Atleast your posts in this thread has me rolling on the floor laughing. "Go get a liposuction", "Starve yourself to death with 800 calories a day" wth man?
    How much do you think you can eat in only 2 weeks to lose fat at a non-obese person? The usual Taco Bell breakfast, McDonalds lunch, and KFC dinner? Oh but, doing those 10 pushups is really gonna make a difference.

Of course to see any results for losing fat in 2 weeks it'll take something unpleasant.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw as I say that, I don't think this thread is going to be helpful. I don't think OP should be looking for advice on how to lose weight in just 2 weeks. It's gonna have to be something too extreme for a forum to be recommending.

If a fat person should only lose 1-2 pounds per week, how is a thin person gonna lose 15+ pounds of belly fat in 2-4 weeks?

OP you need to make a longer term commitment. Maybe my sarcasm in the above post didn't make it clear enough.

Thanks!
    That's a lot of information there. Do you work out at gym or at home? I'm not really a gym person. I actually prefer competition and sports over gym.

I work out at home. I have multiple sets of dumbbells and a barbell. Expensive, but to get started, you really only need a few sets. And anything you can do with a Barbell, can be done with dumbbells and is usually safer if you have no spotter (Bench Press for example), so that can save you money. You shouldn't need a barbell until you progress to a really heavy weight on things like squats or deadlifts (and deadlifts are easier to do on a barbell properly than 2 dumbbells IMHO). As you go along, you will need more, because you don't wanna be changing them all the time (wastes energy and time). They gotta be ready to go. Weights are usually around a dollar a pound, so yeah, gets expensive pretty fast.

You don't even need to buy the weights to get started. Like I said, I can't say what I do is best, but what I do know is, whatever you do, create a schedule and routine with charts and stats so you know your progress. If you don't do that, then you'll never know if you progress or not. Also, check out videos for exercises on Youtube, to be sure you are doing them properly, you'll be surprised, even for things like pushups. AthleanX is a good one, but there are others I go to for advice as well. Just type in name of the exercise and it's usually one of the first results. Example: Proper Push Ups. Make sure to check multiple videos so you can learn what you trust and not trust. I usually trust the guys that demonstrate the exercise going wrong, and then show right way.
    Last edited by Lifetapper; 2016-08-04 at 02:55 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How much do you think you can eat in only 2 weeks to lose fat at a non-obese person? The usual Taco Bell breakfast, McDonalds lunch, and KFC dinner? Oh but, doing those 10 pushups is really gonna make a difference.

Of course to see any results for losing fat in 2 weeks it'll take something unpleasant.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw as I say that, I don't think this thread is going to be helpful. I don't think OP should be looking for advice on how to lose weight in just 2 weeks. It's gonna have to be something too extreme for a forum to be recommending.

If a fat person should only lose 1-2 pounds per week, how is a thin person gonna lose 15+ pounds of belly fat in 2-4 weeks?

OP you need to make a longer term commitment. Maybe my sarcasm in the above post didn't make it clear enough.
    I missed the sarcasm(sorry). But, I completely agree with you - OP's goal is unrealistic, pretty much impossible without going to the doctor. How much should he eat to lose that amount of weight in two weeks then? I have no idea, but as OP himself stated he has the attention span of a goldfish when it comes to things like weight loss ("I could stretch it to 4 weeks but I need to see some difference in the first two weeks or else I might lose interest." when replying to your 800 cal suggestion) so even if I did suggest something it would probably resolve in no changes of belly fat in the end.
    In fact, I may aswell take it a step further. If he's going for a fat reduction, he may aswell go for the full package and buy some of that synthol, I'm told it can be done at home.

Deleted
    Sounds like a good way to set yourself up to failure. It's almost like going "hey i want to have really long hair so i'm going to give it 2 weeks to grow out".
    People always seem to lack knowledge on how to set up a proper diet and how much you really need to lose to get the 6 pack. Just because you're thin doesn't mean you have alot of musclemass, what matters is your total fat %.

A fat person going through a proper cut while training to minimize muscle loss will most certainly look better when coming out the other end than a already thin person doing a cut.

Most just end up looking like Christian bale in the machinist.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

15 Pounds? :O
    That's 6kg, I don't need to lose that much. I might not even need to lose any weight, I just need to get rid of belly fat.
    I don't want to look like what someone mentioned, Christian Bale from the Machinist.

Anyway, I have dumbbells and barbell, total weight can be up to 50kg (110lb), which is quite a bit, but I don't really use them that often. I even have one of those one wheel things that you use to pull yourself up and down and build abs. It's a bitch to use, I can do maybe 50 situps in one go but only 7-8 with that thing and not one more. I even have a pole hooked up to a door which I can use to pull myself up. So plenty of things to work out at home.

The way I'm built now I'd be happy if I only got a 6 pack and lost some fat around the belly. I don't need anything else. I don't really want to be a muscle mountain. I like sports, not body building. Large body would only make me slower.

To explain what I want to go for is something like this:

Now I understand that this is impossible to achieve in 2-4 weeks. That is more of a long term goal. Right now I want to build up a startup, to understand what I need to do. I understand that to get this I will need to do both cardio and strength training.
    To me it's nothing extreme looking, no huge muscles, just a normal, toned and fit body, and it's actually not that far from what I currently look like (minus being toned of course and without that fit belly , here's a photo of what I actually look like right now: http://i66.tinypic.com/2zpt5lj.jpg)

I am terrible at cooking and understanding which food include what. This is my main problem.
    Except that protein builds muscle mass and that I should stay away from sugar, pasta and white bread. What I've been eating all these years seem to have been fine. I have not gotten fatter nor thinner I maybe differentiate about 2-3kg (some 7-8 lbs), and this small fat I got around my belly is because of complete inactivity for a very long period of time (I have not seriously worked out or done sports for 10+ years, I should thank my parents that I'm still normal looking).

So, my plan is:

Monday: run for 60 minutes (or 2x30 or 2x45 minutes, once in the morning and once in the evening).
    Tuesday: strength training 60 minutes (situps, push ups, using dumbbells and barbell etc).
    Wednesday: run for 60 minutes.
    Thursday: strength training for 60 minutes.
    Friday: run for 60 minutes.
    Saturday: strength training for 60 minutes.
    Sunday: rest.

Then of course see that I eat 5 times per day: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Eggs, white meat, fish, potato, sallad etc. I won't be 100% sugar free but I'm not the type who devours candy and coke (I do like coke but cola light/pepsi max). Only Nutella with pancakes once or twice per week.

Keep that for 2 weeks and see if there are any results. I'm pretty sure there will be noticable results as that is a HUGE improvement over my current lifestyle. Both diet and workout.
    The question is, would 6 days working out per week be too much?

I'm doing this under my vacation because that's when I will have time to focus on this from morning to evening without having responsiblities, as well as not stressing about sleep (I sleep little on workdays).
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2016-08-04 at 09:56 AM.

I would say strength train with high repetitions in your sets. This will increase metabolism. Try to eat around 2k calories, or gradually reduce diet to 2k. Any less will slow your metabolism. Eat Broccoli and Spinach, avoid processed foods. Maybe some Pro biotic yogurt or Kefir if you can get it.

does joga work for getting rid of fat?

You can do like 15-20 minute cardios, then relax a bit and do your workouts.

Try eat less than you usually do, but don't eat too less. Remember to drink protein after you workout.

Weightlifting and sit-ups won't burn any fat.
    This is not true at all.

Its nice!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to know about this

A high protein diet, combined with cardio and strength exercise would be the most effective imo.
    The protein and strength exercise for building muscles which will increase the amount of energy your body consumes, which will be a very useful for long-term goals. Cardio since its the fastest and most effective way to burn away calories.

And the most important part of losing weight is eating less.

15+ Year Old Account
    15 Pounds? :O
    That's 6kg, I don't need to lose that much. I might not even need to lose any weight, I just need to get rid of belly fat.
    How are you going to get rid of your belly fat if you're not going to lose any weight? It'll take you a year to gain that much muscle.

So, my plan is:

Monday: run for 60 minutes (or 2x30 or 2x45 minutes, once in the morning and once in the evening).
    Tuesday: strength training 60 minutes (situps, push ups, using dumbbells and barbell etc).
    I don't know. Seems to me like a major overshoot on every part of it but I'm not an expert by any means. I think you still have completely wrong mentality about this though. You aren't going to see any results in 2 weeks in your physique and over training won't do you anything else other than exhaust you.

If I were you I'd cut the running way way down to like two times a week and reduce the intensity as well. Are you even sure you can run for 60 minutes straight if you haven't done anything in 10 years?

And set your goals on something more realistic like 4 to 6 weeks to notice changes. And take the rest days properly it's the important part of keeping you actually healthy. If you just burn trough 2 weeks of mental exercise you'll feel tired and unhappy when it doesn't give you the results you're looking for and give up.

This is my take on the whole thing. Just the opinion of one person, so don't take it as the gospel.

Update:

I have dumbbells and barbell, total weight can be up to 50kg (110lb), which is quite a bit, but I don't really use them that often. I even have one of those one wheel things that you use to pull yourself up and down and build abs. It's a bitch to use, I can do maybe 50 situps in one go but only 7-8 with that thing and not one more. I even have a pole hooked up to a door which I can use to pull myself up. So plenty of things to work out at home.

The way I'm built now I'd be happy if I only got a 6 pack and lost some fat around the belly. I don't need anything else. I don't really want to be a muscle mountain. I like sports, not body building. Large body would only make me slower.
    Just a general comment here. Don't let anyone tell you how to specifically burn belly fat. Spot reduction is a myth. We can't actually choose where our fat comes from. The only way to burn belly fat would be to lower your overall body fat percentage.

To explain what I want to go for is something like this:

Now I understand that this is impossible to achieve in 2-4 weeks. That is more of a long term goal. Right now I want to build up a startup, to understand what I need to do. I understand that to get this I will need to do both cardio and strength training.
    To me it's nothing extreme looking, no huge muscles, just a normal, toned and fit body, and it's actually not that far from what I currently look like (minus being toned of course and without that fit belly , here's a photo of what I actually look like right now: http://i66.tinypic.com/2zpt5lj.jpg)
    Cardio and strength training are both important when attempting to burn fat. Strength training preserves your lean mass which positively impacts your metabolism. It actually isn't easy to get "huge muscles". You could weight lift for awhile before you got anything close to "huge". So don't let that scare you away. Make sure you aren't neglecting any muscle groups so you don't create imbalances and look disproportional. (Like the common huge upper body with skinny leg pictures all over the internet)

I am terrible at cooking and understanding which food include what. This is my main problem.
    Except that protein builds muscle mass and that I should stay away from sugar, pasta and white bread. What I've been eating all these years seem to have been fine. I have not gotten fatter nor thinner I maybe differentiate about 2-3kg (some 7-8 lbs), and this small fat I got around my belly is because of complete inactivity for a very long period of time (I have not seriously worked out or done sports for 10+ years, I should thank my parents that I'm still normal looking).
    Diet is going to be the biggest part here. I sucked at cooking, but learned as I went. It is much easier to manage this if you are able to meal prep a couple days out. People tend to cheat on their diets when they are starving and have nothing prepared. (A lot easier to order a pizza or go to Taco Bell than it is to bake a chicken)

There are so many different approaches as to what you can eat. It can vary from person to person. I am not a fan of people following general diet plans that weren't specifically tailored for them. There is so much misinformation about foods and dieting out there. (This is why in some places, it is illegal for people to give specific meal plans, other than Registered Dietitians, MD's, certified nutritionists)

General advice, make sure you get enough vitamins and minerals. People tend to develop deficiencies when dieting because their diets are poorly planned. Make sure you are eating enough. (Starving yourself or trying to get by on as little as possible isn't the answer) Many people find success eating lean meats (lean ground turkey, chicken, fish), eating the proper amount of carbs (this can vary pretty radically from person to person and also changes depending on what the goal is and what type of training is being performed). Don't skip your veggies.

So, my plan is:
    The main issue with starting a program for many people is actually adhering to the program. People that adopt vigorous programs right out of the gate are much much more likely to drop the program. Obviously I don't know you or your past, but just be careful not to burn yourself out too quickly.

Then of course see that I eat 5 times per day: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Eggs, white meat, fish, potato, sallad etc. I won't be 100% sugar free but I'm not the type who devours candy and coke (I do like coke but cola light/pepsi max). Only Nutella with pancakes once or twice per week.
    The amount of times someone eats is entirely up to what they prefer. Studies have been done, and show no real connection to eating more frequently and higher percentage of fat loss. It comes down to whether you are at a deficit. Whether that means you eat 3 times or 9 times. However, I have noticed that when people adopt a lower calorie diet, eating smaller meals more often helps curb their appetite throughout the day.

Keep that for 2 weeks and see if there are any results. I'm pretty sure there will be noticable results as that is a HUGE improvement over my current lifestyle. Both diet and workout.
    This is a bit iffy. Most people will not see any real improvements in 2 weeks. Usually 3-4 to see a large improvement.

The question is, would 6 days working out per week be too much?
    This varies from person to person. The body needs rest to recover. Some people are able to split their workouts the right way, some people can't. Sometimes people do a chest workout and are sore for 3 days, other times maybe 2. For a beginner, this would probably be too much. They would likely fail to stick with the program. It really comes down to how you feel while doing it. If you are fatigued all day long and feel like your muscles aren't recovering quickly enough for the next workout, it may be time to tone it down and let your body adapt to what you are doing. Physiologically, working out is very stressful for your body.

Haha. Thanks for sharing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, back to square one...