Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    STM should be removed, it just screws with the whole class - the whole PVE aspect is based around it and it brings nothing to PVP...

Quote Originally Posted by blazyb View Post
    So what changes to shadow would be considered "ok" for you guys? These are some of my thoughts:
    One very simple thing:

Give us pvp talents to use in pve. That instantly fixes all the shadow priest artificially created problems, problems that almost none of current dps specs have. You can take away stm if you want, I don't care, that abomination of a talent should never happen on live servers anyways.

Also, strictly on topic: there's no hope, and you all know that. We will never be allowed to be viable, because losing two potential healing specs is too much for general pool of healers. What's ironic is Blizzard managed to somehow make even both healing specs of priest unviable.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    Mass Hysteria with Surrender to Madness combo was and is currently (until Tuesday) the most broken damage oriented spells that ever existed in the 12 years of this game's existence.
    Lol I wonder if you're one of the people who whined so hard that Blizzard had to nerf nonexistent spec in everything beside one raid boss? Please, before whining and writing essays of nonsense, read info about real shadow mechanics of void form and its spells.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-09-26 at 10:13 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Moosefree View Post
    STM should be removed, it just screws with the whole class - the whole PVE aspect is based around it and it brings nothing to PVP...
    Correction, people feel like it's based around it.

And that's true to an extent because mind spike legacy of the void are just pure garbage. They do not compare to STM in the slightest and offer no viable alternative to STM.

Which is why it baffles me that they would nerf STM (which STM specs are not even number 1) and just fucking leave mind spike and void to rot in hell of uselessness.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Which is why it baffles me that they would nerf STM (which STM specs are not even number 1) and just fucking leave mind spike and void to rot in hell of uselessness.
    There is no mystery. It's pretty obvious to me.

They intended LoTV to be WQ-normal/HC dungeon-Mythic dungeon go-to talent.
    Mind Spike is there just to fill in the blank spot.
    StM is the absolute must-have for all raid content onwards. Our entire Artifact is built around it.

That was their plan. To their credit, they have succeeded in carrying it out.

I love the latest simcraft results, putting normal Shadow at dead last, and S2M Shadow at 5th last with these changes. We can't really heal either - Disc is still poor as both a healer and dps spec, and holy doesn't match up to the other classes.

What would I like?

Legacy of the Void
    Requires Priest (Shadow)
    Requires level 100
    Voidform may be activated anytime your Insanity level is 70 or higher.
    If you get to 100 Insanity while not in Voidform you gain Void Affinity, making your next Void Eruption instant cast an allowing you to cast while moving after you enter Voidform. Void Affinity is lost when you drop below 50 Insanity.

Basically you can enter voidform early for trash or whatever, but if you wait, you get a boost to VE and the ability to cast while moving as long as you can maintain your Insanity. However without the extra Insanity Generation that StM gives you, so this wont be a huge boost, just enough to give us something to work with in high mobility fights.
    Last edited by Clavicle; 2016-09-27 at 01:41 AM.

So.. uh, they decided not to do anything, except buff us. It's a miracle!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...-september-26/

Yeah, to be honest it is such a miracle that we should celebrate annuals of this day. "The day when developers actually did their work right".

Still, multiplying zero by 80% will net zero as result...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Change S2M to a 3 Min CD which wont kill you for better balance !
    Last edited by mmoc5f5f54ff7d; 2016-09-27 at 11:39 AM.

Is mind spike a viable alternative with the buff?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltshak3r View Post
    Change S2M to a 3 Min CD which wont kill you for better balance !
    Imagine a talent row with 3 different surrender to madness.. Each would have to be balanced but for different scenarios.. Something along the lines of the below (rough example to show my thinking).

Single Target S2M
    Instant 3 min cooldown
    Requires Priest (Shadow)
    Requires level 100
    All your Insanity-generating abilities generate 100% more Insanity until you exit Voidform.

AOE S2m
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Priest (Shadow)
    Requires level 100
    All your Insanity-generating abilities generate 50% more Insanity and your Mind Blast will hit all targets within 10 yards of the main target, until you exit Voidform.

Surrender to Madness
    Instant 10 min cooldown
    Requires Priest (Shadow)
    Requires level 100
    All your Insanity-generating abilities generate 150% more Insanity, and you can cast while moving, until you exit Voidform. Then you die. Horribly.