Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes, indeed. By the time you unlock Exalted rewards, you already have better. Dunno who designed those. Toys and shit is nice, but i would not mind sweet mount at the end of each rep. =)
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Mounts would be great rewards, yes, and the gear rewards in-place today are laughably useless.

I would also like to see items available at revered like in MoP which double rep gain for alts on the same account. They would be a great reward for exalted even, actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Really? All I remember from WotLK reps was throwing on a tabard and blowing through dungeons. How is that fun?

Granted I'm not the biggest fan of the way they did reps in Legion, but IMO the reps in Wrath were easily some of the most forgettable.
    it was grindable. meaning I decide when I dont want to grind it anymore. WQ arent that grindable. they are somewhat gated and no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    WotLK dungeons were fun though. New dungeons are trash and slightly angrier trash (bosses).
    Ehe...ehehehe...ahahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    *More fun*

Grinding the same dungeons over and over was not fun at all. The rewards however I remember being somewhat the same.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Reps were sacrificed to WQ system. They have no identity, no rewards, nothing.

One thing tho: I love the derpy WQs. I think the nuts crushing quest is actually funny. Same with Su'esh. They're good, fun to do even for the third time. Well, NOT for 75 rep, they're instaskip for me then.
    My favorite was the rocket boots fishing WQ where you catch the barracudas with a harpoon.

In WotLK you had 8 reps at start: Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Kirin Tor, Kalu'ak, The Wyrmrest Accord, The Sons of Hodir, The Oracles, Frenzyheart tribe and a generic Horde / Alliance smash faction.

3 of those rewarded pretty sweet mounts.
    Others rewarded naxx10 equivalent gear.

For some of them you had to run a relatively low number of dungeons to get to exalted. For others you had to run dailies for a week or two. None were too grindy.

Enter Legion. 6 reps, none of which reward anything noteworthy, since heroic warforged / titanforged / whateverforged gear outperforms them by far and mounts are nowhere to be found.

And the only way to get rep is to crush some nuts for 75 rep
    Dude, 100% serious, you probably are not able to have as much fun due to your age changing and playing a game. I bet a kid the age you were in Wrath is having a blast right now.

Also, i never ever got any gear rewards from Wrath reps that mattered, how easy raids were!, everyone had raid gear that outperformed for sure, so i dont see your point, and there are more things like pets and toys they reward now so it is definately more rewards these days.

Except Wrath dungeons were fun. Things like Culling of Strat were so nostalgic and majestic that the backdrop alone has players on my realm going there still just to RP. Dungeons where you get a quest called "Wrath of The Lich King", the name of the damn expansion would let you know that shit just got real and you and your friends had better make a desperate escape from Arthas as you're not yet ready to face him just felt incredibly epic. Running dungeons and reforging the battered hilt into what would because my Paladin's transmogged weapon of choice right up until three weeks ago was among the most epic times I had had in WoW. Legion is like, "well, Xavious has been killed like twice already but, go and kill him again." And then after that it's like "Oh, well... Go kill him... AGAIN!" meh.

I think Wrath felt more fun because it brought in a rep system that allowed you to have epics without the gated attunements of TBC. It was fresh and achievable. That system might not fly today knowing how progression systems have changed over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    I agree, there is no fun mount or real reward. The Oracles and other WOTLK reps were memorable but the rep grind in this is forgettable. Not even achievements.

Please take off those rose tinted goggles, OP. I got my start in Wrath and I certainly have fond memories of it. But even I'm not so blind to think that chain running dungeons while wearing a tabard was a fun way to gain rep.
    I think the most fun reputation was for the Lorewalkers in MoP where you had to explore and find certain lore objects to gain the rep. Sure, it was quick and easy to get to exalted with them, especially with the help of sites like WoWhead. But at least you actually went out and did stuff unlike endlessly grinding mobs or dailies.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-09-26 at 09:23 PM.

Rep rewards haven't been relevant since Cata. In MoP, they were gated behind Valor/dailies, and in WoD/Legion they were/are simply not worth getting.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    wearing tabards is so fun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

MoP rewards absolutely were relevant, largely for enchants and patterns, but some like Shado-Pan Assault gave gear relevant to current content too. And of course they all rewarded cool cosmetics like mounts, unlike Legion reps.

7+ Year Old Account
    In WotLK you had 8 reps at start: Argent Crusade, Knights of the Ebon Blade, Kirin Tor, Kalu'ak, The Wyrmrest Accord, The Sons of Hodir, The Oracles, Frenzyheart tribe and a generic Horde / Alliance smash faction.

3 of those rewarded pretty sweet mounts.
    Others rewarded naxx10 equivalent gear.

For some of them you had to run a relatively low number of dungeons to get to exalted. For others you had to run dailies for a week or two. None were too grindy.

Enter Legion. 6 reps, none of which reward anything noteworthy, since heroic warforged / titanforged / whateverforged gear outperforms them by far and mounts are nowhere to be found.

And the only way to get rep is to crush some nuts for 75 rep
    aww man i remember the days of being forced to do dailies for those ffing ice giants every day just so i could get my enchants so i could raid... or farming for hours in dungeons with a tabard to gain reps.... man wasent it so fun doing nothing but the same 5 daily quests every day for 2 months, or just farming dungeons for hours with a tabard

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    If anything farming boat loads of mana every few days is even more mindless than running dungeon with other players and seeing content. But maybe if the whole mana/withered training thing didn't exist and every world quest for ALL factions awarded 250 rep, like dailies USED to do, I would feel a lot better about it.

Hell even if seeing the damn STORY wasn't gated behind rep THAT would be something. Imagine getting to Ice Crown only to find that you can't progress further in the Lich King's story until you get exalted with Argent Crusade some 50 rep at a time.
    I don't think anyone is a fan of ancient mana, but I mean...keep in mind the Withered Army scenario is only ~400 rep every 3 days (once fully cleared) compared to WQs that comparatively give far more.

Honestly it sounds like your gripe is more with Suramar than WQ based reps, and I personally don't like how Suramar works. In general I'm not defending Legion's rep system but rather saying how atrociously bad WotLK's was. They were done in a couple weeks. What is even the purpose of them existing if they're instantly consumed and then forgotten about early on in the expansion?
    You can say a lot about WotLK was good but one thing I seriously can't take seriously is people saying that the reps were good. They were only good if you actually hated reps and wanted them to be over with faster and more mindlessly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    I agree, there is no fun mount or real reward. The Oracles and other WOTLK reps were memorable but the rep grind in this is forgettable. Not even achievements.
    there was 2 rep mounts in wrath for just rep, im not calling the motorcycle a rep mount...
    there is acheivs for legion reps... and yes there is a mount from reps, 4 coming in 7.1, one of them being from the nightfallen
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there was 2 rep mounts in wrath for just rep, im not calling the motorcycle a rep mount...
    there is acheivs for legion reps... and yes there is a mount from reps, 4 coming in 7.1, one of them being from the nightfallen
    You mean the "get exalted with nightfallen" and "revered with everything else" achieves that is solely there for pathfinder? I mean. Let us all open our achievement panel and let us all check how reptation achievements worked in the past, even in WoD (before Tanaan grrrr, I'm mad because of that, too). You used to get an achieve for each and every reputation when you reached exalted. If there was no achieve for exalted, then there was for the mount that you could get when you reached exalted. Like for example where is the drowned mana guy/mount achieve for fishing?
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-27 at 05:55 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you have to remember, in TBC and WotLK they could give good quality gear, since there wasn't as many whiny fucktards complaining constantly about how they were "forced" to grind reps to stay competitive in their 2/13 N-mode Guild.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-09-27 at 06:11 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I disagree. WotLK reps were capped by wearing a tabard and spamming dungeons.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!