Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    He would switch sides lol

- - - Updated - - -

lol there is four orcs
    And five elves, and four humans. In fact, the only heroes that aren't a human, elf, or orc are Magni, who was a good addition, and Morgl, who isn't a playable race.

Racial diversity among the heroes is pretty crappy overall. Need Hamuul Runetotem for Druids and Jubeka Shadowbreaker for Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I think the point is that in WoW, WoW releated games, or just fantasy related games in general is that removing as much armor or clothing as possible to showcase a female characters breasts is a little silly considering that in a world of melee combat or dangerous monsters with sharp claws or spikes that will rip you to shreads would not end up protecting that female character in combat. It isn't about denying the female form, but about being realistic in combat (as realistic as you can be in a fantasy based video game).

Believe it or not, female warriors or other characters can actually be solid war machines in the field of battle without having to wear 50% less armor in order to seduce an enemy into intimidation.
    Are you serious about this? It's a fantasy game for crying out loud. She would just use a protective barrier or whatever magic to eliminate the need for heavy armor. Use your imagination a bit.

Also, she doesn't need to wear thick and heavy armor to hide her boobs or any other form of being a female in order to be a 'warmachine', that's sexist mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Are you serious about this? It's a fantasy game for crying out loud. She would just use a protective barrier or whatever magic to eliminate the need for heavy armor. Use your imagination a bit.

Also, she doesn't need to wear thick and heavy armor to hide her boobs or any other form of being a female in order to be a 'warmachine', that's sexist mate.
    See mana in world of warcraft, while not so much a thing in lore still does represent that endurance of using straining magic during combat before you have need some reprieve to melt people's faces and maintain big shiny barriers of light again. A priest wouldn't be able to PWS indefinately, even in fantasy worlds, as they would be drained similarly to Velen during the invasion of Exodar, or Tirion when getting fel breathed on. I like to have some realism maintained even in fantasy instead of saying that everyone is all powerful and could use magic constantly with no break & no armor to protect them when their magic capacity is drained.

As for sexism it is kinda funny you mention that. I'm actually arguing against that. Do I appreciate female characters that can express themselves, their sexuality, or 'sexyness' in general. Sure, when done right why not? However, the whole 'sex appeal above everything else' should not be used to churn out female characters that get 1000% combat ability from 2 dimensional cleavage plunges, tiny waists, more curve than brain, etc when the male counterparts have all of the cool & 'sort of' realistic armor/weapons. Female characters are just as capable as having 3 dimensional characters progress not specifically tied to sex as male characters do.

Deleted
    ... etc when the male counterparts have all of the cool & 'sort of' realistic armor/weapons. Female characters are just as capable as having 3 dimensional characters progress not specifically tied to sex as male characters do.
    http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-...f_warcraft.jpg

Do point out for me, which part of that picture appeals to your sense of "realistic" armor/weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Oh good, they didn't forget to show off her breasts to the highest possible degree.

On point as always, Blizzard.
    This just in: humans have boobs and womens' boobs are typically large enough to see the shape of them in clothes! BETTER ALERT THE PRESSES, GUYS!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-...f_warcraft.jpg

Do point out for me, which part of that picture appeals to your sense of "realistic" armor/weapons?
    Perhaps the quotes I put around sort of should have been bolded?

Deleted
    Perhaps the quotes I put around sort of should have been bolded?
    Highly doubt it would have helped because nothing in that image is even sort of realistic. Heck, we can pull apart the realism of the armor/weapon props of a major block buster movie, and that's with millions of dollars and a whole lot of effort to really try make that stuff realistic. Here, Blizzard didn't even try.

So no, there is nothing "sort of" realistic in that image.

Highly doubt it would have helped because nothing in that image is even sort of realistic. Heck, we can pull apart the realism of the armor/weapon props of a major block buster movie, and that's with millions of dollars and a whole lot of effort to really try make that stuff realistic. Here, Blizzard didn't even try.

So no, there is nothing "sort of" realistic in that image.
    *Shrugs* either way I'd be more happy that more female characters wield magic and bulky armor than 'Hey I have boobs (which makes a female character stand out in no unique way from other females), no armor, and limited magic' when crawling dungeons and slaying dragons. Just because WoW likes shoving dainty models and armor/lack of armor doesn't mean HS always needs to follow suit every time in their art for the sake of consistency. Take some creative license.

Deleted
    *Shrugs* either way I'd be more happy that more female characters wield magic and bulky armor than 'Hey I have boobs (which makes a female character stand out in no unique way from other females), no armor, and limited magic' when crawling dungeons and slaying dragons.
    Well this portrait should be just what the doctor ordered then because the only way to make her boobs show less is to cut them off and pretend she's a cross-dresser.

Well this portrait should be just what the doctor ordered then because the only way to make her boobs show less is to cut them off and pretend she's a cross-dresser.
    Like I've already previously stated earlier I have no problem with Tyrande's art. Most of my comments about the portrayal of female characters have been in response to the copy & pasted 'alert the media' comments and how in general some people might have issues with 'pretty protagonist' portrayals because of how saturated modern gaming/entertainment is with major female characters that are remembered more for simply 'expressing their sexuality' instead of having their sexuality complement their personality. For some this then makes <bland female character that is merely anatomically correct, but otherwise non-memorable> end feeding this sweeping character portrayal.

Deleted
    Most of my comments about the portrayal of female characters have been in response to the copy & pasted 'alert the media' comments and how in general some people might have issues with 'pretty protagonist' portrayals because of how saturated modern gaming/entertainment is with major female characters that are remembered more for simply 'expressing their sexuality' instead of having their sexuality complement their personality.
    You can say the exact same thing about people that keep copy & pasting the "Oh good, they didn't forget to show off her boobs..." lines whenever they see art that offends their sensibilities. It's no wonder people get tired of it when it floods every inch of social media, particularly when majority of the time it's really pedantic and biased; they make noise about boobs but when you explain to them the exact same thing is done to male art they just shrug. Nobody will and should not take that form of criticism seriously, and not only because, like is the case here, the target was art that was in fact conservative.

In the end the fact also stands that no matter what the character's portrait looks like in Hearthstone, it is only that; an artist's rendering and there is a different between art and the character it portraits. It doesn't harm the character or the personality, unless you decide it does, for there are better sources to get to know and explore the character than a card game.

I'm not sure what the whinging is about, she's dressed pretty modestly. It's not like you have to use her if you don't want to.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Looks like you get her with Twitch Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Oh good, they didn't forget to show off her breasts to the highest possible degree.

On point as always, Blizzard.
    Tits on a woman?

Not on my watch!
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    Looks like you get her with Twitch Prime
    Only available in a few countries. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't get her in Australia. this is outrageous. they better fix this asap.
    Hi

Prime huh? Reminds me when I signed up for the trial of Amazon prime. Devious bastards they are. They never told you when your trial was up, and if you dare use a prime feature (such as one day delivery) you couldn't cancel and would be charged a year's worth of membership.

Useful tidbit of information:

Sorry! Twitch Prime isn’t available in your country.
    Twitch Prime is currently only available to customers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.

Deleted
    So a region locked hero? Blizzard totally fucked this up.

Can only get her through a service I won't even use? Pass.