Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ...

The elven fandom, you just can't escape them in fantasy can ya? That page is a mess now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The elven fandom, you just can't escape them in fantasy can ya? That page is a mess now.
    Well, my link does not lead to "Nightborne and night elvenness" anymore at least, that part got utterly deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orquitis View Post
    Night elveness? Elune religion always was the cornerstone of night elf culture, and it seems the nightborne forgot about her for some reason (maybe because the sisterhood that used to reside in Suramar is with the current night elf society) also the original night elf culture was more like the current one, since they had a kind of protodruids and lived in harmony with nature (they have the shen'dralar highborne now anyways)

Azshara is who turned them into awful aristocrats... thank god they stopped being like that lol (at least the non-highborne, since wolfheart made the shen'dralar look super arrogants as always)

I wish night elves were more their Warcraft III version, sigh (savage, fierce and civilized at the same time, with superior vibes, they were even able to fight the horde and the alliance at the same time)

Btw when she says "mana addicts" she's talking about the blood elves, since she's also helping the nightfallen after all. Plus in the quest she even tell the alliance player that he/she should inspire the Shal'dorei inside suramar to join the rebel forces.
    Indeed, Haha, yeah, I don't think the night elves have changed that much from WC3, we are just shown other sides of them. I'm just disappointed we did see the commanding competent side of them much in wow, we saw a lot of their calm, benevolently wise side, which we never saw much in WC3, for obvious reasons.

I haven't played the quests, but the way the guys on here were going on about it led me to think she was referring to the nightborne, glad to see she is not
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-09-26 at 08:13 PM.

Damn Zulkhan taking credit for my discoveries QQ

And night elven(n)es may be gone but there are still amazing gems like Suramar Night Elves evolving into "an even deeper night state".

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I'm well aware of all of this, but @ravenmoon crafted this beautiful term to describe the little night elf living in every Nightborne's heart.

Read this to gain further enlightement on the topic.
    Lies and slander of a Dark Troll at play here. Ravenmoon didn't craft anything here. This wonderful descriptive term that's not actually a term but disjointed words that describe a point has long history and traditions. It's been in use since Metzen was a yet to be produced sperm cell. It is known. Furthermore, I'm not sure if you're implying that ravenmoon also crafted the WoWPedia article or not, but in case my hunch is correct let me correct you. Northemravenmoon clarified already that it's not WoWPedia article that resembles his writing but the other way around, as such implying him and Springer06 are completely different people. Which was obvious already to be honest. At least for us folks proficient at English. Finally, there's a night elf in every cell of every Nightborne because they are still Night Elves, just in a deeper state of night.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-26 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I haven't played the quests, but the way the guys on here were going on about it led me to think she was referring to the nightborne, glad to see she is not
    She is referring to the nightborne, even going so far to tell you she doesn't feel sorry for them, because they went under that shield. Tyrande really doesn't like the people of Suramar and it isn't he only instance she belittles them either.

Which considering her personal history with them is hardly surprising.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

And night elven(n)es may be gone but there are still amazing gems like Suramar Night Elves evolving into "an even deeper night state".
    An admin went in a quickly took out what he saw as the worst of it but noted "That page is indicative of a wider problem. On some parts of the wiki, we lack the editor-base required to have contributions that are both active and good at the same time."

See http://wow.gamepedia.com/index.php?t...20160926150212

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    WowPedia's lack of an editorial staff and/or possible article issues aren't really on-topic to the point of this thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    WowPedia's lack of an editorial staff and/or possible article issues aren't really on-topic to the point of this thread.
    Apologies. Will stay on topic from now on.

The article in question is very related to the point of this thread (even includes information from 7.1 already despite it being subject to PTR changes and not being released lore yet) so unless using WoWPedia to support one's argument is forbidden now because of competition with Curse or whatever, discussing the validity of this topic's tertiary source sounds kinda connected.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The article in question is very related to the point of this thread (even includes information from 7.1 already despite it being subject to PTR changes and not being released lore yet) so unless using WoWPedia to support one's argument is forbidden now because of competition with Curse or whatever, discussing the validity of this topic's tertiary source sounds kinda connected.
    There's no issue using WoWPedia articles or contents in posts, or as the genesis of a discussion. But when it comes to the moderation or editorial mechanics of WoWPedia (and whether or not it concerns specific posters who may or may not reside here) I would prefer to avoid that and keep the discussion relevant to the questlines concerning the Elves in patch 7.1, which is the actual topic of the thread.

TL;DR: Let's keep it about the topic at hand, and not a specific forum-goer's actions elsewhere on the Internet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

There's no issue using WoWPedia articles or contents in posts, or as the genesis of a discussion. But when it comes to the moderation or editorial mechanics of WoWPedia (and whether or not it concerns specific posters who may or may not reside here) I would prefer to avoid that and keep the discussion relevant to the questlines concerning the Elves in patch 7.1, which is the actual topic of the thread.
    I agree. That's why I said nothing about moderation or editorial mechanics in what you quoted. Only the articles and lore contained therein.

TL;DR: Let's keep it about the topic at hand, and not a specific forum-goer's actions elsewhere on the Internet.
    I have no idea who, or even what you're talking about right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I'm simply spreading the holy wisdom. Shame on you for selfishly keeping such precious knowledge all for yourself.

I also noticed this part:

"A resistance group of nightborne and night elves led by First Arcanist Thalyssra from hidden hallways in the ruins outside the City and Ly'leth Lunastre from within the City seek to overthrow Grand Magistrix Elisande and inspire the nightborne populace to remember they were once brave and noble thus overcoming their fear of exile in order to rise up against the current Legion occupation and bring to justice those who betrayed their people by allying with them."

Besides the quite recognizable writing of a certain someone, night elves are shoved into this at the very beginning for literally no reason, legitimately implying that night elves lived alongside nightborne for all these years in Suramar.

I agree. That's why I said nothing about moderation or editorial mechanics in what you quoted. Only the articles and lore contained therein.

I suspect it was an implict reference to Enthralled, as she was the one who brought the subject to attention and kept arguing about it (with my complicity, admittedly). Still, we likely have to thank her if the mess of that page has been finally noticed, so whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    My original post wasn't a reply to you or anything you specifically said, it was more a general notice to the thread.

See above.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    WHYYYYYYYY KHADGAR. We're supposed to believe he's able to be an effective attentive leader there in Suramar AND handle whatever's going on at Karazhan at the same time?
    "Because Movie." - IHateEverything

From the creators that brought you GREEN JESUS (TM) comes GENERIC WIZARD JESUS (TM).

Nah its fine... But he really could have buggered off on this one. Let the elves to the talking. Give Lothremar and Vereesa more screentime instead of that...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    "Because Movie." - IHateEverything

From the creators that brought you GREEN JESUS (TM) comes GENERIC WIZARD JESUS (TM).

Nah its fine... But he really could have buggered off on this one. Let the elves to the talking. Give Lothremar and Vereesa more screentime instead of that...
    and leave the middle char speechless, are you insane !?
    this isn't wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

It is very annoying to have to Khadgar everywhere. If they had to have at kirintor could use to Modera and Aethas