Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    blizzard inflates the economy like 3x but people still have the same amount of gold - thx!
    People have inflated the economy. Number one rule is economy is people will pay what they seem reasonable for a product. If it is priced to high it will not sell and right now herbs are selling for what people posted. Your best bet is finding a good spot and server hopping for herbs/ore and then watch which one is selling higher than value of mats and make those Flasks/potions and which ever one has a better profit margin make those in quantity(ie: flasks) and sell the ones you will not need that week and use the profits to buy more mats or potions if they are cheaper than mat cost. Most guilds should have 1 level 3 alch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, I slept on it, and I no longer think this is a problem. I think it's a huge problem. It's not just the cost, (which is absurd) it's the amount we need to do content. In expansions past, I would only ever pot if I was raiding. That was fine. I would double pot every pull and it was not an issue. In WoD though, we have relevant content outside of raids. I am talking of course about mythic+.

You cannot get a top clear in mythic+ without potting. Using pots every CD, prepotting trash and bosses, is going to push you about 3-4 levels higher than you could otherwise clear. That is unacceptable to me. Like, if you actually enjoy mythic+, and want to push as high as you can, any series run that reaches the last boss is going to end up using ~20 pots per person. So if you pushed for 8 hours with a hardcore group, each one of you would end up using ~320 pots, which is ~1280-1600 pots between the group, depending on if the healer prepots all the time or not. How is that fair? That's astronomically more expensive than raiding. On a per person basis, (using material costs from my server) that's around 60k gold worth of potions per person per hour.

This is unsustainable for even the richest motherfuckers in the game. Even if you had gold cap, pushing 8 hours a day you'd run out of gold entirely in less than a month. What this means, is that you will only really get a few chances per week to push. And mythic+ is no longer really about skill. Like, if you can clear an 11 with pots, then you'll only be able to clear a 7 or 8 without pots, and that won't really be all that challenging if you're meeting the tanking/healing/coordination requirements for 11.

I think I'd feel way better about consumables if they couldn't be used in mythic+. That would also make the race for first 15 way more interesting, because as it stands now it looks like it will fall over dead as soon as people with mythic raid gear get some time on their hands.
    Enter 7.1

Stage left: Flying

No it means they are getting you on the prep time. You will have to put some time into prepping for M+ high levels and not just run them all day. This is how they are extending content by making you put time into farming materials or gold to make flasks/potions/food.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    No it means they are getting you on the prep time. You will have to put some time into prepping for M+ high levels and not just run them all day. This is how they are extending content by making you put time into farming materials or gold to make flasks/potions/food.
    Except it won't work like that in practice. What will actually happen is we'll have "farm times" vs "push times" and the amount of time you spend pushing will depend on the amount of gold you're willing to spend. So server first mythic 15 will end up going to the people that can afford to drop 500 million gold on it a week or two from now, not to the most skilled or the most geared group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Enter 7.1

Stage left: Flying
    What makes you think flying is coming in 7.1? Unless there's some datamining I missed, we don't know when flying is coming. And the cynical side of me says that the last part of Pathfinder will come out in 7.4 or 7.5. Whatever ends up being the last patch of the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Except it won't work like that in practice. What will actually happen is we'll have "farm times" vs "push times" and the amount of time you spend pushing will depend on the amount of gold you're willing to spend. So server first mythic 15 will end up going to the people that can afford to drop 500 million gold on it a week or two from now, not to the most skilled or the most geared group.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you think flying is coming in 7.1? Unless there's some datamining I missed, we don't know when flying is coming. And the cynical side of me says that the last part of Pathfinder will come out in 7.4 or 7.5. Whatever ends up being the last patch of the expansion.
    I didn't say flying was in 7.1

I simply listed two contributing factors to reducing consumable costs.

It's interesting how people are starting an outcry about this now. You've had several weeks to prepare and the prices weren't as ludicrous as they are now a few days prior to the raids.

Illidan wouldn't have been impressed.

Making gold is a skill too, if they are making up a lack of skill or gear with the ability to hammer the potion button every 2 minutes due to making enough gold to supply their habits so be it. And if are really that serious about spend some real cash on wow time and sell that or make a deal with a farmer. I had one going until last week with a farmer that I would buy all dreamleaf, Fjarn and foxflower for 75% of AH price if he COD it to me. Was spending about 200k a day on COD herbs and reselling flasks/pots for a 60% profit margin. Making about 100-150k a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself.
    LOL?

What about farming? Or leveling Herbalism? I make everyday thousands and thousands of gold because I sell the herbs I get when doing world q or the Suramar stuff. You can easily farm them there are plenty of spots. And if you've got another profession go and make money with that and buy them. Do you know how easy it is to gather 10 Starlight Roses and sell them for 2,5k Gold? I get them within 5-10 minutes.

It was never so easy to make money in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It's interesting how people are starting an outcry about this now. You've had several weeks to prepare and the prices weren't as ludicrous as they are now a few days prior to the raids.

The prices were always this high (at least ony my two servers).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post

It's amazing how much the Garrison has changed people.

You actually have to *work* for your materials.

i didnt play during mop or wod, so i dont have all that gold to spend either, i have little over 50k gold now from the quests i been doing, but also i havent spent any gold on anything yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    It's amazing how much the Garrison has changed people.

You actually have to *work* for your materials.
    It's almost as if Blizzard has trained all the players to expect things to work a certain way over a 2 year expansion. Then shifted 180 degrees in the next expansion. Then they are surprised when the players don't like it.

Classic Blizzard over the last 3 expansions really.

[Edit] Actually 4 expansions, including this one.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    It's almost as if Blizzard has trained all the players to expect things to work a certain way over a 2 year expansion. Then shifted 180 degrees in the next expansion. Then they are surprised when the players don't like it.

Classic Blizzard over the last 3 expansions really.

[Edit] Actually 4 expansions, including this one.
    I love everything else about Legion. I don't even mind the cost of pots that much. I just mind the needed consumption rate to push high mythic+. It dwarfs progression raiding by an astronomical amount. I'm more confident that I could single handedly fund Serenity's entire progression cycle than fund two weeks of harcore mythic+ pushing for my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    its really taht simply. 20k+ for simple potions is outrageous and nto many can afford it. Stop pretending everyone played WoD.
    Then go and earn it. Even a completely new player can pick Herbalism and gather those materials within hours.

Its pretty much impossible to supply the entire Raid with pots and flasks. It was never like this before, and i have to be absolutely honest: I considered botting myself.
    There is no issue at all. As said before, while doing worldquests (1hour tops) in Highmountain, stormheim and Suramar, i have 50 of each herb on me at least =20 k gold.
    What's the issue....
    Ah you being lazy and don't want to do some (an hour) effort in order to get progress.
    And what's with buying your whole raid flasks and pots and foods? They get them theirselves.... Else it's obvious they don't want to raid. if they do and they don't want to spend effort or time init.... Then there is LFR for them, you don't need gear for content you won't do.

Go find a hobby you grasp, dont dumb it down untill you can grasp it. Or did you qq too, to the gym teacher that the basketball bucket was way to high for ya....

*be happy you and your guild dont have to go out and farm mats for resistance gear...with yr "its never been this way" *
    Last edited by Scuzz; 2016-09-26 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added something

Its glorious..

I am swimming in gold like Scrooge McDuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    No it wasnt, consumables have been cheap af since at least wotlk.
    Notice something there? That was when flying was much more accessible to all players. Botting also was extremely rampant, which unnaturally drove prices down. Not being able to fly and Blizz cracking down on botting is likely a factor in Legion mats not becoming cheap as quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of the ones flooding the AHs with them, I can afford them just fine. Nothing broken here.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    5 hours a day farming sounds super fun :P There definitely anything else I'd rather be doing than a 2nd job to the one I already have in real life.
    Thanks for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    all me seez is a pretender with an astonishing mathematical deficite.

1. itz about 25k gold @110 (so u have been sloppy in ur calculation/questing, i guess both), 69k Suramar Questline is nonsense (178q in total, not one is rewarding 370g...)
    2. 5k per day= 35k per week wont supply 9 flask + 60 pots + enchancts + gems at current costs
    3. some pl (like me) dont twink, and dont want to lose their recipe collection of their second crafting profession WoD invited to.
    4. cuz i dont waste my time being a bot, farming nodes or playing the AH - thats not the game, the majority subscribed 4.
    5. is the pot-price another new entry barrier to high-end pve, maybe some day u ll get a shot at a myth+10... like repcosts in wrath, blizzard explicitly stated that they wont pl to farm, but to raid (as justification 4 garrision nonsense).
    6. a lot of pl r disadvantaged by this new economy, that reminds of the worst days in vanilla (Soul Shards, Poisons), fuk grind.
    if u like to herb, or in ur mindset live like a bot, thats fine for me, but most pl dislike it for reason.
    7. even well-established progress guilds complain (dont want to farm, but WANT to raid 24/7...)

- do some thinking, hm? cuz the result of ur "itz ohso ez-pz u lazy fobs just dont get it, do some herbing"-attitude confirms this nonsense blizzard serves us:
    the consequence means extrawork for all of u wannabe-bots, not so 4 b-bois (get catered anyway, rolemodels
    personal preference would beI to gain mats, consumable via progress instead of exploiting the (life)time of wannabe-bots.
    oh wait - i do gain mats even before progress, not having "farmed" anything else than raids and bgs in my entire gametime.
    WTF did I just read. If you want to make a point, do so in a way that doesn't require a translator into MEL(Modern Entitled Language).

The economy and professions were both terribly bad and broken in WoD. I like that the people putting in the time are getting a foot up, because in WoD nothing had any real value, the economy and professions and gathering were all so borked.

Deleted
    To everybody saying it's just as expensive as it is, because WoD gave out as much gold as it did through garrisons. It is not. Actually it has not been as bad as it is now since about vanilla or bc. Just have a look at some of the older potion recipes. Since wrath it took you about 3 herbs in total of 2 different classes of herbs for one pot. While getting a few herbs per gathered plant, you would usually get 2-3 potions for one gathered herb on average. And that is without the potion master alchemy trait. Now you need 2 starlight roses and 4 herbs of plant X and 4 herbs of plant Y for one pot. That's 4 plants on average you have to gather for one potion. That is just insane.

I have been farming a lot lately, because of that and therefore have pretty good knowledge on where to farm to maximize my profits. And best I can do is about 100 potions every 2-3 hours. That is about as much as I would want to pot on normal raid nights. I love raiding and I don't mind having to work for it, but having to almost farm for as much time as I raid is not really something I am interested in.

I think the reason for the mat requirements being so high is the system of "shared farming". By that I mean different people being able to gather from the same plant. The plants despawning shortly after somebody gathered them is defeating its purpose though. As a result making farming insanely frustrating and I guess making it less profitable, than it should be.
    And people saying it is going get better soon, how should it? Soon enough people are going to go into world much less and spend their time in instances. If nothing else I'd even expect the prices to increase substantially before 7.1 hits.

The potions being as strong as they are is not really making things better. Even the incomming 33% nerf is not going to change much about it. If you want to have success you're going to have to pot. And using pots, when they are this expensive or hard to get feels really bad.