Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So do these carries take all loot or is it only personal loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like all those Streamers who abuse their fame to get easy AP/Legendaries/Gear.
    You're basically just another number on their list for them to improve.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I haven't done any mythic + dungeons...how do the chests work? If you get 3 chests at the end everyone gets 3 pieces of loot? Or it's 3 pieces total and you roll for it, or?
    Each chest contains 2 pieces of loot. So if you get 3 chests there is a total of 6 pieces of loot. You can have 2 people get 3 pieces each or 1 guy gets 2 pieces and rest gets one, It's completely random but of course you can trade the loot after you loot it if you have a higher ilvl item.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    At least my guild doesn't really care about the loot we are all 860+ ilvl we mostly do it for AP and legendary. If the pug needs a piece of loot I got that I don't need I don't mind trading it. Always personal loot not even sure if group loot or master loot even works.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2016-09-26 at 08:54 PM.

It should work in a guild group-- so if 4 out of 5 are in the same guild, you should be able to set master or group.

The group I play with does this for +2 keys; we get loot, AP, and a chance at legendaries while the pug gets all of those things plus a +5 key. It's a win for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    but there will be a situation where there are only "your key" groups since everybody will be too lazy or "too geared" to run normal mythics and get keys
    A member of my group got his keystone from running a +2 Mythic with us, so normal mythics will soon be a thing of the past.

I mean it's fine with the boosts but there will be a situation where there are only "your key" groups since everybody will be too lazy or "too geared" to run normal mythics and get keys, everyone will just sit on their ass and wait for someone to show up with the key.
    the chest at the end of a week gives you a new key.... so no everyone will get a new key every week, the only time you have to go get another key manually if if you loot the chest, but dont do any mythic+ that week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It should work in a guild group-- so if 4 out of 5 are in the same guild, you should be able to set master or group.
    nope, all dungeons are personal, cant set them to master loot, only raids

Ahh. Well, that's probably for the best. Guild members can simply trade the items, and this doesn't allow them to grief the fifth person.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they kicked you at the final boss to have one less to "roll" against in the 2 chests.

Does it work that way with personal loot?

Quote Originally Posted by hallilad View Post
    I see. I've read on here today people mentioning griefing people out of their keystone. I am guessing this means kicking the person who had it?
    That would be very stupid to do though as they have to do it as a Group of 4 then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they kicked you at the final boss to have one less to "roll" against in the 2 chests.
    That would be stupid as well, as the 5th one could trade items.

Also AFAIK (not 100% sure though) personal doesnt work that way that a boss/chests drops loot and then they get distributed randomly to players, but instead each Players has it's independend loot table

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I don't think you can kick in premade groups.
    Right click, remove player from group.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I mean it's fine with the boosts but there will be a situation where there are only "your key" groups since everybody will be too lazy or "too geared" to run normal mythics and get keys, everyone will just sit on their ass and wait for someone to show up with the key.
    You get key from running Mythic+

Wish I had an alt high enough to squeak through regular mythics to get in on the +2 carries. Oh well.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    That would be stupid as well, as the 5th one could trade items.

Also AFAIK (not 100% sure though) personal doesnt work that way that a boss/chests drops loot and then they get distributed randomly to players, but instead each Players has it's independend loot table
    Well the 5th person would be the pug who presumably needs the items and those chests don't work the same way as normal personal loot. Normally everybody has a chance to get gear but with mythic+ only two pieces of gear drop per chest. This means that if you need the gear (which I don't think people carrying at this point even do) you could kick the 5th person and all the gear would guarantee go to your 4 man group. But... I don't really see this happening. Like I said, people looking to carry a 5th member are generally already pretty geared and are doing it for legendary chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Just like all those Streamers who abuse their fame to get easy AP/Legendaries/Gear.
    You're basically just another number on their list for them to improve.
    You may be salty about it but most people who use their keys for streamers are not only happy to do so but in many cases are being helped out. Some wouldn't even use their keystones otherwise but feel more comfortable knowing what they're getting into. Try not thinking so narrowly.

This system is better than most are giving credit for. Besides your outlier situations, this is exactly how it was intended. There are many Keystones out there that would never be used otherwise. I don't think people realize how many dead realms there are that don't have many communities (guilds) to do much with. Both Streamers and "YOUR KEY" groups help a great deal.

If you value your keys you will find people to regularly run with. Otherwise both are helpful situations to some even if others can't stand it.

Small question, if the person that used the key leave, does that do anything for the other 4? I'd guess he lose his key and that's all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, but they'd do it just to grief you, even if they get less out of it. I have no doubt that this has already happened several times.
    Griefing is already against ToS, and it'd be pretty easy for Blizzard to see exactly what happened in this kind of situation, its all in chat logs. Report them and get them a ban or closer to it, usually children who still think griefing is cool have a few warnings on their account already. If it becomes really common place Blizzard may just end up giving a straight up ban, It's obviously a way to grief someone very easily and very harshly so Blizzard may actually take harsh action for once.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    All loot is personal loot but can be traded to people in the group. Also if I remember correctly there is no boss loot. Any loot given comes from the boxes at the end, I might be wrong about that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    You may be salty about it but most people who use their keys for streamers are not only happy to do so but in many cases are being helped out. Some wouldn't even use their keystones otherwise but feel more comfortable knowing what they're getting into. Try not thinking so narrowly.

This system is better than most are giving credit for. Besides your outlier situations, this is exactly how it was intended. There are many Keystones out there that would never be used otherwise. I don't think people realize how many dead realms there are that don't have many communities (guilds) to do much with. Both Streamers and "YOUR KEY" groups help a great deal.

If you value your keys you will find people to regularly run with. Otherwise both are helpful situations to some even if others can't stand it.
    I know what you mean and what your PoV is.
    I'm not thinking narrow I know the positives and negatives of this system, but currently (especially with the Race to World First getting closer) it's pretty obvious they do it for their own gain and not to help out the community.
    One can argue they do and they will say they do because "you get gear, a nice +5 key and a nice reward chest in your Order Hall", but the main reason remains they do it for gearing their Characters, be it with Legendaries, regular Chest drops or AP.
    I personally don't mind the system since there is nothing illegal about it, nor is it ruining my expierence in running that content, but something is fishy and not right about it (from a moral pov).
    Just my 2cents and probably not a popular opinion (since most people would love to get a free run), but since this is a forum everyone is free to write it down here ^^.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".