Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Thats when a thread was made, not when the bug was reported. Do you have some bug reports from blizzard that you are basing your 2 day figure on? Or are you looking at when the fix was implemented for duplicate legendaries (which is not confirmed to be the cause of the issue)? Or are you looking at the launch of legion? Or are you looking as far back as beta when bugs were reported?

Quote Originally Posted by oqtopus View Post
    So because people are getting more then 1 leg its bugged? You dont know if its aan increased chance or not you dont have the numbers, but you do only read about the people getting multiple and not Just 1 ( wich are alot of people )
    Holy shit!! What does it take?

Here is ANOTHER person who got 3 in 48 hours!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Yokimaru/feed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is RNG. There is no guarantee anyone will get one. It's possible to have very, very bad luck or luck that seems odd or coincidental. Our minds need to find a pattern, a reason to explain things even if one doesn't exist.

Also, what @Vegas82 said.
    The problem with all of you people who simply spout "It's RNG" is that IT'S NOT. Get that through your heads - they have code to alter the RNG, theoretically to affect bad luck and to account for whether someone has 1 legendary already.

When they did that, it IS NOT RANDOM. It's random plus the logic of the code and that code could have bugs.

Please stop with the "It's RNG" nonsense when we know there's code to account for certain situations that alter the randomness. It makes all of you look like you're not even thinking when you post this.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-09-26 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Well, Sodapoppin just got his first legendary. Lets see how long until he gets his second. I'd actually laugh if he gets another by the end of this new Mythic he's on.
    So he didn't get another one.

What does this tell us:
    - It's maybe still be broken. This doesn't disprove it.
    - It's not a 100% drop rate like a certain someone was making it out to be, thus making it RNG.

So we should stick to the "is it broken" speculation rather than stating "it's not RNG".

Deleted
    I love the people saying "it's rng! rng!!!!".

Let's say maybe 1 in 100 people currently have a legendary.

That's a 1% chance to get a legendary after 3 weeks.

If that's the case, 1 in 100*100 = 1 in 10.000 should have 2.

1 in 100³ = 1 in 1.000.000 should have 3.

Basically, if there is a 1% chance to get a legendary after 3 weeks, right know, there should be maybe 10 people max to have 3+ legendaries.

Getting 2 right next to each other is basically impossible when looking at the sample size (player base).

I'm not talking about "wow i got both death wing mounts in 1 run i'm so lucky" - luck.

The chance for one person getting 2 legendaries in a single instance run should be so astronomically small, with a player base of maybe 10 million (generous here) it probably shouldn't even have happened.

I've already seen 3 different screenshots of it happening.

This bug is NOT FIXED.

Stop listening to what blizzard says, use your brains.

I've run around 300 heroics, around 50 mythics and around another 100 nhcs.

Thats 300*5*3 + 50*5*3+100*5*3 = 6750 bosses looted by players and i have not seen a single person drop a legendary.

Sure, i could be very unlucky, but seeing the threads on reddit or mmo, i think i'm in the majority of people.

Now think one person getting 2 legendaries at a single m+ run.

that would be (1/6750)² = 1 in 45 million

and those odds are still pretty generous since i still didnt see a legendary drop yet for anyone.

1 in 45 million and we have already seen at least 3 screenshots of it happening.

how in the world can people still think it is working as intended?
    Last edited by mmoce2005e507f; 2016-09-26 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hydramez View Post
    It's RNG.
    You are not guaranteed to get a legendary. Ever.
    Just like people who have been trying for invincible and mimirons head every week since they were available, and still don't have it. It's just luck.
    If you flip a coin its a 50% chance of getting tails, but you can still hit heads 100 times in a row.
    I'm 1/1 on mimirons head, did ulduar once and got it.
    But I didn't get invincible and phoenix on the same day.
    That's the difference.

Deleted
    I'm in a guild with 40 or so people.

One guy looted 3 legendaries before anybody else (last one on the 21st). I am convinced this is result of a bug.

I looted one legendary after nearly a month of running dungeons, mythics. I had ilvl 847 when the first one finally dropped. I believe I got lucky, considering I had the guild's 5th legendary item, the 3rd person to loot one.

People claiming 'it is just RNG' are naive, as Blizzard clearly stated extra logic other than the "x%/eligible event" is present as opposed to mount runs where previous kills do not provide you additional chance for mount.
    Last edited by mmocfb6ee87cab; 2016-09-26 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Thats when a thread was made, not when the bug was reported. Do you have some bug reports from blizzard that you are basing your 2 day figure on? Or are you looking at when the fix was implemented for duplicate legendaries (which is not confirmed to be the cause of the issue)? Or are you looking at the launch of legion? Or are you looking as far back as beta when bugs were reported?
    And you do have something showing bug reports from before? I'm only using what we have as actual proof for the earliest post about it. And, as I said earlier, it most likely wasn't in beta, because the duplicate protection system wasn't in beta.

What's the point of the last order hall trait if people can't even get 1 legendary haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I'm 1/1 on mimirons head, did ulduar once and got it.
    But I didn't get invincible and phoenix on the same day.
    That's the difference.
    What the fuck are you trying to go on about? I got TLPD, Aeonnax, and Grey Riding Camel three days in a row. I still don't have Headless Horseman after 850 something kills. Doesn't mean jack shit.

Isn't TLPD a rare spawn, not drop rate?
    Why even bring that up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckermouse View Post
    1 in 45 million and we have already seen at least 3 screenshots of it happening.

how in the world can people still think it is working as intended?
    Because 1 in 45 million still means that it's possible, not to mention that your scenario is vastly different than what we originally got in the OP. When you make a thread stating that you have "Real, hardcold evidence" that it's bugged and the only you supply is a situation that's possible with a perfectly working system, people tend to dismiss it. Seriously, go look at the first post of this thread. Are you really expecting that to change people's minds?

The thread wasn't accomplishing anything until people actually started to contribute towards the speculation by posting screenshots and expressing their experiences, which is something entirely different than what the title suggests. You're stating that there's all of these threads on reddit and other websites? Good, post those. That helps.

A someone who suspecting that it's bugged but still on the fence, I came to this thread expecting undeniable proof. I still haven't seen such a thing nor do I think it'd even be possible to prove, outside of Blizzard admitting it again. So that was quite a bit of a letdown.

But keep building that sample size up. Show how many people are being affected by it. It goes a long way to giving people doubt. I'm convinced that's the only path you can take, as I don't see another option.

C'mon Lime. Real, hardcold evidence is like code for conjectures. You should have known that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    C'mon Lime. Real, hardcold evidence is like code for conjectures. You should have known that.
    Compare the difference between the title and first post in this thread to the thread we're actually in.

I supported the last thread. To be fair, I even support this thread now that people are using it to pool their experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is RNG. There is no guarantee anyone will get one. It's possible to have very, very bad luck or luck that seems odd or coincidental. Our minds need to find a pattern, a reason to explain things even if one doesn't exist.

Also, what @Vegas82 said.
    There is a garauntee, there's a failsafe they've already admitted.

Who knows when the failsafe will be a garauntee, but I assume it's similar to the bonus roll chance

A guildy of mine got his 3rd legendary.

With him in the same run another guildy got his 2nd. And 2 minutes later on a completely different run, a different guildy got his first.

The secret according to them is to farm the +2 mythic dungeons to get +3 chests.

Ofcourse I am not invited to these runs, as I am the new guy and every guild is cliquey as fuck, and I can't find a group in the group finder because they are all looking for keys, so I guess I'll just go along my merry way and hope for a miracle.

Considering quitting the game because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    A guildy of mine got his 3rd legendary.

With him in the same run another guildy got his 2nd. And 2 minutes later on a completely different run, a different guildy got his first.

The secret according to them is to farm the +2 mythic dungeons to get +3 chests.

Ofcourse I am not invited to these runs, as I am the new guy and every guild is cliquey as fuck, and I can't find a group in the group finder because they are all looking for keys, so I guess I'll just go along my merry way and hope for a miracle.

Considering quitting the game because of this.
    I just did my first 2 M+ runs in less than 1 hour and a half and I never had a key. Keep applying like a madman. One will accept you. I'm 851ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I just did my first 2 M+ runs in less than 1 hour and a half and I never had a key. Keep applying like a madman. One will accept you. I'm 851ilvl
    Good luck. I've ran 9 keystones now from level 2 to level 8, always getting 3 chests on the low ones, and two chests on mythic five to seven, and I've not seen a legendary drop. A huge waste of time, really, unless u get rewarded. It's like the lottery. Either you get the jackpot, or you were the biggest idiot in the world wasting your money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Good luck. I've ran 9 keystones now from level 2 to level 8, always getting 3 chests on the low ones, and two chests on mythic five to seven, and I've not seen a legendary drop. A huge waste of time, really, unless u get rewarded. It's like the lottery. Either you get the jackpot, or you were the biggest idiot in the world wasting your money on it.
    did you get upgrades?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    There is a garauntee, there's a failsafe they've already admitted.

Who knows when the failsafe will be a garauntee, but I assume it's similar to the bonus roll chance
    I know there is supposed to be bad-luck protection and they claim everyone will eventually end up with a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The problem with all of you people who simply spout "It's RNG" is that IT'S NOT. Get that through your heads - they have code to alter the RNG, theoretically to affect bad luck and to account for whether someone has 1 legendary already.

When they did that, it IS NOT RANDOM. It's random plus the logic of the code and that code could have bugs.

Please stop with the "It's RNG" nonsense when we know there's code to account for certain situations that alter the randomness. It makes all of you look like you're not even thinking when you post this.
    It's still RNG. Just like a mount drop from a boss is still RNG; there is a chance it will drop, it's possible it never will. It's possible it might drop multiple times in a row. Even if there are bonus rolls or bad-luck protection, in the end the roll itself IS randomized.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Of course... I don't think "anyone" truly thinks there is no RNG to it... the argument is that it is not fixed and that those with legendaries are still experiencing higher (considerably higher) chances at subsequent legendaries.

Talking semantics when people genuinely have a right to be concerned is trolling. The longer this goes on the more imbalanced and "unfair" it makes the game. That can and will result in more people quitting sooner and with ANOTHER bad taste in their mouths... and after WoD, one would think Blizzard would want to avoid that as much as possible.
    It's anecdotal evidence that people are experiencing higher-than-Blizzard-wants chances at subsequent legendaries. Unless Blizzard admits there is still a bug, all we can do is speculate. None of us can view their code or probably would even have a clue where the code is that grants a legendary item.

I don't think there is still a bug. Blizzard, as far as I have seen, never said that people shouldn't get second or third legendaries, they just said that the chance was higher than they had wanted. That doesn't mean fixing it means no one gets legendary number two.