Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Our voices got heard

dayum we are back in game worldofwarcraft . com/en-us/news / 20252902

Deleted
    Now lets get them to buff our ST dmg!

So I've been on the sidelines on this debate, gotta be honest though, I was sweating with those nerfs. I've never cared about AoE so I didn't care that the nerf to AoE was coming, but I didn't expect in a million years that they would hit ST also.

I'm a ST fan and those nerfs also hit ST, but now the nerf isn't as bad. We still have a ST nerf though unfortunately. even with the buff from 100% bloodlet to 150%, and now not having a 30% damage nerf to Glaive throw.

It is now Once again looking like Glaive throw / bloodlet is the way to go still, as rank 108 talents are so bad unless it's x2 glaives. (This is opposed to fel blade and demon reborn)

I'm excited to see the sims on the overall nerfs to ST now. Imo it'll be a 5% nerf overall to ST instead of 10%

I still don't think any nerf to ST was necessary but hell I can live with 5% for now, considering how it was a 10-15% ST nerf AND a complete DH playstyle change (fel blade) just 30 minutes ago hah.

let's see how parses are in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by MattyDH; 2016-09-27 at 02:37 AM.

Our voices didn't get heard imo, They could've implemented much better solutions and only buffed Bloodlet from 100% to 150%.

We're still getting a ST nerf.

Looks like i'll be losing 10-15k DPS.
    Last edited by Lolsteak; 2016-09-27 at 03:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

The problem is having a cleave talent as not only the best single target choice, but the single best single target talent in the entire tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    The problem is having a cleave talent as not only the best single target choice, but the single best single target talent in the entire tree.
    It's honestly the problem with the entire class, Almost everything DH do is an aoe/cleave combined with quite a few CDs.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

This is why the game never gets balanced - all the FOTM QQ posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The way I read it is that the only thing that changed was that Bloodlet will be 150% instead of 100%, but everything else still goes down tomorrow. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    It's honestly the problem with the entire class, Almost everything DH do is an aoe/cleave combined with quite a few CDs.
    almost sounds like we should have a 2nd dps spec. one for aoe cleave and one for single and minor cleave or something. Rogues have 3 viable dps specs, yet they could not come up with 2 for DHs.

Deleted
    I dunno what you guys are talking about - all the old nerfs still apply. The only thing they changed is Bloodlet from %100 nerf to %50.

The class changes listed in this hotfix update, as well as those from the previous update will be applied during weekly maintenance in each region.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    This is why the game never gets balanced - all the FOTM QQ posts.
    These QQ posts wouldn't exist if they could balance without breaking shit.
    They could've easily done the needed nerf on AOE without touching ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    The way I read it is that the only thing that changed was that Bloodlet will be 150% instead of 100%, but everything else still goes down tomorrow. Am I wrong?
    The Throw Glaive damage reduced by 30% was crossed off as well as improving the Bloodlet nerf to just -50%.

It's still a single target nerf though.
    Yeah.

They couldve buffed chaos blades or something but chose not to. That and they pretty much neutered our aoe. I dont see demon hunters being brought to mythic raids. People arent going to trip over themselves to bring in a melee dps with neutered aoe, shitty single target, and no utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Glaive nerf and Blades Nerf still going in. As well as Fel Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    That's wrong

Scroll down to Sep 23rd and you'll see a few things crossed off.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Glaive nerf has been scrapped.

DH are getting following nerfs: 1) Fell mastery down to 30% 2) Bloodlet down from 200% to 150% 3) Fury of the Illidary 4) Balanced Blades.

So I assume bloodlet is still out best ST talent choice over fellblade, right?

Personally, I have never taken Fel Mastery or Bloodlet because I don't enjoy the playstyle. They really need to buff Felblade and First Blood (preferably the former) to make them more competitive for single target damage while keeping Bloodlet viable for cleave encounters.

As for Fury of the Illidari. I reckon a "Strike of the Windlord" style mechanic would work better for it where it does full damage on the main target and reduced damage on secondary targets. That way it won't hurt single target but won't be ridiculously OP in AoE.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-09-27 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, what Kayn would say after reading those new fixes?

The illidari cannot be stopped!

Thank you blizz <3

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    DH are getting following nerfs: 1) Fell mastery down to 30% 2) Bloodlet down from 200% to 150% 3) Fury of the Illidary 4) Balanced Blades.

So I assume bloodlet is still out best ST talent choice over fellblade, right?
    Thats correct. The revert to the glaive nerf ensured that. Although Felblade is significantly closer because of the nerf to bloodlet.