Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Artifact Weapon lvl and power should be account wide.

Situation is critical now. We are trapped into class, into spec. We need freedom and ability to play alts or offspecs on same competitive lvl. I don't want be in same like WoD legendary ring situation where Mythic was no place to play on alts. I want diversity and more fun form free choices.
    Amount of job to have high lvl artifact is simply gigantic. I can do that, but no way I will repeat this on alts and offspec. All "catching up" mechanics are simply too weak.
    I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.

Deleted
    Yeah no thanks.

You aren't a prisoner. You can play other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You aren't a prisoner. You can play other games.
    Yes I know, and I probably do it. Nice Atlas expansion in PoE, new Swedish tanks soon in WoT.
    Sometimes I think that artifact weapon design is pure sabotage designed to make WoW loose players fast.

Uhm no. Defeats the purpose of individual character progression. Also feel free to play other games. I highly doubt people are unsubbing over artifact level and power just because you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Yes I know, and I probably do it. Nice Atlas expansion in PoE, new Swedish tanks soon in WoT.
    Sometimes I think that artifact weapon design is pure sabotage designed to make WoW loose players fast.
    bye bye then.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have ur MAIN char and then ur ALTS, but i do get ur point

Id like an system that gives ur alt an automatic catch up to like...maybe 5 lvls below ur main, say ur main is AK17, ur freshly dinged alt will be 12, ur still gon be behind, but not too far behind if u intend to raid or do M+ with said alt.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    I picked a spec, and stuck to it on each class. While completionists would argue it is unfair, I would tell them they make up a tiny fraction of players, and most will likely pick their favorite spec, and the other weapons will rot in the bank just as mine have. If I want to power them all, I guess I will just have to raid or run dailies to get the power, and continue missions from the Class Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah no thanks.
    I think it should totally be allowed. If you care about "individual character progression" then you can enable or disable some option that allows for that. It's really tiresome to have 15+ alts and try and balance even 5 of them, especially with artifact knowledge. Hell, it's pissed me off for years that, when I main a different class for a content patch or an expansion, my reps are all wonky and I have to regrind them on my rep main.

I've wanted my alts to match my mains in terms of character progress for years. Sadly, it will likely never happen.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Deleted
    I get where you are comming from.

You want to progress but you feel you'll never catch up.

I believe the simplest and best solution would be:
    Artifact Knowledge account bound. It's the longest grind in WoW, and it's anything but fun.
    Reputation Account bound: Suramar any1? No, wont be going a second time.

That way you can still gear up your alt's weapon with relics and increase it's level, but trait unlock potential should be easier for alts and also that way you can access rep-locked dungeons Arcway-Court on alts without need to do the grind again.

Also, I have 40-45 exalted factions on my old main. Would be nice to have them across all characters, it's not like any sane person would farm them ever again a second time.

I would like Artifact Knowledge to be account wide, and to bring back the commendations of MoP that increased rep gain account-wide. Other than that, I'm totally happy with the current system, myself.

I kinda like the fact that alts are something I have to consider how much I invest in them and whether it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Situation is critical now. We are trapped into class, into spec. We need freedom and ability to play alts or offspecs on same competitive lvl. I don't want be in same like WoD legendary ring situation where Mythic was no place to play on alts. I want diversity and more fun form free choices.
    Amount of job to have high lvl artifact is simply gigantic. I can do that, but no way I will repeat this on alts and offspec. All "catching up" mechanics are simply too weak.
    I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.
    NO. Its fine the way it is. You shouldnt be able to get alts for free without an appropriate time investment. And you can get your OS up with only an acceptably small fraction of time investment to get 80%+ of the power of your MS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    NO. Its fine the way it is. You shouldnt be able to get alts for free without an appropriate time investment. And you can get your OS up with only an acceptably small fraction of time investment to get 80%+ of the power of your MS.
    Why? And why shouldn't you be able to play alts at a decent power level? Why you feel like this is better ? It's not like it is for free, you achieved the power on your main, you have been through that stuff.
    I believe this is worse, because people that do not enjoy their classes and want to play something else feel only discouraged to do so, and as in my case I'd rather quit than restart an alt. It pushes people away. Not keep them interested. Gearing up, is a time investment itself, not to mention leveling. Why should people have to farm for weeks, and even so still be behind, to be remotely competetitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Why? And why shouldn't you be able to play alts at a decent power level? Why you feel like this is better ??
    The bigger question is why do you think you shouldnt have to earn it, just like you did for your main?

Deleted
    The bigger question is why do you think you shouldnt have to earn it, just like you did for your main?
    Multiple reasons:
    Already earned it.
    Repeated stuff is NEVER fun, thats why we already have a lot of account-wide stuff already. (Achievements/Mounts/Mogs)
    It takes a lot of time, and holds you back a lot.
    It's character power, and that makes it more important than mounts/cosmetics.
    It's not like you wont be earning it, you'll still be earning it account wide.
    It's not a fun thing to look after. It's a waiting research order. It's not like you do Dungeon in hopes of getting it.

7+ Year Old Account
    /Sarcasm on

While we're at it, let's remove the class system all together. Let's use a role system, where you have three characters (1 tank, 1 healer and 1 damage dealer)

You can freely respec to different 'classes' that can do that role. I.e. I am a healer and want to heal like a druid so I respec to Rdruid, "oh Rsham got a buff?", reroll to Rsham and heal like them.

All progress you make on one - rep, professions, gold, toys, mounts etc etc - is account wide and shared between your three characters.

I play each patch for the 3 weeks it takes to clear content and then hit the forums bitching about content drought, and wait for next patch or xpac

/sarcasm off

No. Don't want to progress more than one character? Don't play more than one character.

Because you already put in that work once and it's absolutely more work than you needed to do in any previous expansion to make your alts viable. I can understand reputation, leveling, gearing, but the Artifact thing is just insane on top of all of that... especially the class hall campaigns. Those take a couple days to complete and nobody will take you to anything relevant without having your third relic slot regardless of your skill as a player. It's just too much of a gap. I like that they did the whole catch up mechanic with AK but that is something for everybody and not just with alts. They need something to catch up alts to an acceptable power level faster once you've already put the work in on your main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    /Sarcasm on

All progress you make on one - rep, professions, gold, toys, mounts etc etc - is account wide and shared between your three characters.

/sarcasm off

No. Don't want to progress more than one character? Don't play more than one character.

Except those, already are account-wide.

And while I agree with the sentiment of your off sarcasm, I do not think this is the best for the game, nor the most fun thing to do.
    I have only 1 character 110, and do not plan on leveling another, yet if I wanted to, I wouldn't cause the system is very alt punishing.
    Account-wide Artifact Knowledge and REP would make it less so, and there's no actual reason not to.

Also since when REP-grind and Research Order-grind is considered PROGRESS? I thought mythic+ 5mans, mythic raids and rated pvp were progress for pve and pvp respectively. If you consider Research Order and Rep progress, you might be competing on the wrong playing field.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2016-09-27 at 04:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Except those, already are account-wide.

And while I agree with the sentiment of your off sarcasm, I do not think this is the best for the game, nor the most fun thing to do.
    I have only 1 character 110, and do not plan on leveling another, yet if I wanted to, I wouldn't cause the system is very alt punishing.
    Account-wide Artifact Knowledge and REP would make it less so, and there's no actual reason not to.
    Gold isn't shared, but easily can be. Professions aren't shared. But a lot is you are right.

I actually agree with you on the AK being account wide. Not Artifact Power, but the knowledge. Because you are right, it's literally just maintaining the CD and resources. I literally login to one of my 110 toons simply to collect it's AK for when I do decide to play that toon later.

Rep however, you going to run into issues with 'lorenerds' who state "my Character Thra got exalted with Bloodsail, but my priestess of the moon Sailorgirl did not."

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    I've wanted my alts to match my mains in terms of character progress for years. Sadly, it will likely never happen.
    If your alts matched your main in terms of character progress, then you wouldn't have a main, would you?