Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is the haste weighting accurate? It cannot be that bad. Any gear with haste on it is dropped the equivalent of ~15 ilvls. I've got 870 boots that are haste main crit off, it's showing vers/mast 840s are better. Simc seems to have haste much closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    Is the haste weighting accurate? It cannot be that bad. Any gear with haste on it is dropped the equivalent of ~15 ilvls. I've got 870 boots that are haste main crit off, it's showing vers/mast 840s are better. Simc seems to have haste much closer.
    I wonder if it is taking into account the improved energy regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    I've noticed something similar to this as well, haste valuing seems absurdly low - trying out the best-in bags feature (note: i have all the epic gear i've gotten since week 2) and it's rearranging all my gear, dropping haste to about 3%, even dropping vers heavy/haste pieces.

I wasn't aware you're able to sim trinkets like that. Can you possibly enlighten me as to how? I thought i was pretty sufficient at using AMR but apparently I'm wrong.

I think that Haste really is that bad for Outlaw. Most people are using Alacrity already, which gives you a large, constant Haste buff. And then, assuming you are using Roll the Bones, there are times when you are swimming in Energy and have to try hard to get rid of it, and times where you wish you had more. Those times when you have really high energy are making Haste pretty unattractive, on average.

Outlaw is all about averages, since the damage range is so high. There are certainly times when Haste might feel good, but, overall it's a really weak stat compared to the others because of those times when it is partially wasted.

I think the difference in total damage for some of the sims is because we needed to update potion of the old war. So, sims using consumables weren't matching up between the two simulators.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Swol View Post
    I think that Haste really is that bad for Outlaw. Most people are using Alacrity already, which gives you a large, constant Haste buff. And then, assuming you are using Roll the Bones, there are times when you are swimming in Energy and have to try hard to get rid of it, and times where you wish you had more. Those times when you have really high energy are making Haste pretty unattractive, on average.

Outlaw is all about averages, since the damage range is so high. There are certainly times when Haste might feel good, but, overall it's a really weak stat compared to the others because of those times when it is partially wasted.

I think the difference in total damage for some of the sims is because we needed to update potion of the old war. So, sims using consumables weren't matching up between the two simulators.
    Definitely, I'm sure it's *bad*, but 1/4 of a good stat bad? Hard to figure out. I now have 880 haste boots ; ;

Deleted
    Can I rely on AMR sims to test which talent builds to go for?

I have been testing different talent combinations on it recently for nighthold hope that is accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Khagalat View Post
    Can I rely on AMR sims to test which talent builds to go for?

I have been testing different talent combinations on it recently for nighthold hope that is accurate
    Yes. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Adasiek View Post
    I used asked mr robot
    1. Recommended me to remove 845 Head for 840.
    2. Simed with Simcraft set with 840 vs set with 845, 845 did more sim dps
    So what, the simulation models aren't identical on both programs, small variations are common, and the simulation themselves already have a variation margin. What you are stating means nothing at all. Mister Robot has been pretty much excellent on this xpac with their revamped simulator, the numbers you pull in game are scary close to the sims, you have to run a Gearing Startegy first to customize the app to your stat weights tough, otherwise the accuracy is lower.

> pretty much excellent on this xpac

So have they finally implemented Vigor?, i remember them telling me it wasnt because it was not a DPS increase or factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    > pretty much excellent on this xpac

So have they finally implemented Vigor?, i remember them telling me it wasnt because it was not a DPS increase or factor.
    Yes they have implemented it. It's showing MP/vigor/AP being top for my gear set up.

AMR simulation show me that (after running a "gearing strategie" against Ursoc) :

ilvl 886 stat goal: 4000crit / 2300haste / 8200mastery / 7100vers.

Should I realy go for stuff with mastery / vers (my current stat are : 6600 CC / 3200 haste / 7000 mastery / 5400 versa) ? I'm a bit confused about what stat looking for ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @vndl It's really, really good for rogues. We also love shadowcraft, it's always been a great tool and I know they are working hard on it.
    @Adasiek if you give me your character (and the 2 helms you are using, I can do a test for you). It's also possible our stat weights were generated using different talents or artifact progress than your character has. So you can get custom weights by using the simulator. Change the 'sim type' on the right from 'single run' to 'gearing strategy.'

Hit me up if you have any questions.
    Zoop, thanks so much for your help the other day. I was inspired to actually get off my butt and try it myself. But for some reason, even after I downloaded and unzipped the file, amr seems unaware that it's on my computer. Can i get away with just running a single run to check out potential new gear, or do I have to run the gear strat first in order to make that work accurately? Thanks for your help!

Deleted
    You guys dont understand to compare both parses with each other. If you take real numbers out of raiding/testing/whatever and compare this with the numbers out of the simulations, AMR is a little bit more accurate than SimC since the release of this xpac.

The only exceptions, and this is for both parses, is the simulation of trinkets and legendaries. A lot of the legendaries and trinkets or a combination of both changes the playstyle slightly and this is not programed as far as I know, so both programs are not 100% accurate in validating these items. This is the point you must take your own brain into account.

@Blayke - after you unzipped the file. Go into it and look for the 'client' folder. In that folder is amr.exe. Doubleclick that. You'll see an old school text-prompt window. Sign in, and that's all you need to do. If you do that, then go back to the website to start another simulation. IT should work then.
    @elprofessor is right about playstyle changing with specific items. We try to add some of the major ones in, but might not get them all. That logic can be customized, of course, but our defaults don't catch every element of specific tuning you can do. So yes, something to keep in mind.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

@Blayke - after you unzipped the file. Go into it and look for the 'client' folder. In that folder is amr.exe. Doubleclick that. You'll see an old school text-prompt window. Sign in, and that's all you need to do. If you do that, then go back to the website to start another simulation. IT should work then.
    So what would be the downside of just doing single runs and not doing the gearing strategy? The single run still works for comparing gear options, right?

Yes, you can do single runs to compare gear as well. The gearing strategy gives you ranked lists and helps with BiS and BiB on the gear pages. But if you just want to run single sims on a couple of item questions, that also works out really well

Yes, you can do single runs to compare gear as well. The gearing strategy gives you ranked lists and helps with BiS and BiB on the gear pages. But if you just want to run single sims on a couple of item questions, that also works out really well
    Sounds good. Thanks!

Hey Zoop!

So I finally decided to get off my butt and download the client and run my own gearing strats. Ran one on my sub spec and it worked great. But now for some reason I can't get it to work. Whenever I try to run the gear strat, I get the following error message:

"The specified simulation could take a long time to run. Please start or download the client program to run it on your own computer."

But I have the client program running, and its saying "ready to simulate". I have also run the updater to make sure I'm running the right version. So something is wrong here. I really want to run this on my Outlaw rogue because I have no idea at this point what my stat priority should be since it seems like everything I read on this subject is contradicted by something else.

So any help you can give me on this is really really appreciated.

That is odd. One silly thing to check - are you logged in to the site and client on the same username?