10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Well, if the majority of people only paid attention to the first half hour, they would have seen a very strong Trump. The debate got incredibly boring after that, and I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people changed the channel.
    If by strong you mean bombastic then sure. But that doesn't look presidential.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "If you're a disinterested slackwit with no attention span Trump looked great!"
    You would be surprised how short the average attention span is. I don't know why he was so aggressive at the start and then changed strategy or lost focus, but the beginning did make it look like he was dominating the stage.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, Conway just said "President Clinton left a vacuum in Iraq". Either she meant to blame Bill Clinton for a war after he left office, or she Freudian'ed Hillary Clinton to the Oval Office.

She didn't talk smack about Holt, however.

EDIT: Spoke too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He did fine. How well the debate went for each candidate depends on who you ask. In my opinion it was basically a tie. He did nothing to sway any of those who support him now and she did nothing to win over any of those who are hesitate to vote for her in the first place.
    You know Dump did badly when Ghostpanther calls it a "tie"...

He did fine.
    Fine?

Hahaha.

No. He got smashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    LINK! they don't have one on the website for it! =(
    Sorry man, I'm watching TV

But he said he avoided eye contact because he didn't want to be blamed for interfering. He was watching Giulliani and the Trumps.

And boy, was he smiling

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    If by strong you mean bombastic then sure. But that doesn't look presidential.
    And she failed to challenge the bombast, like a boxer who started the first round getting the snot kicked out of her.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    I wonder if he will now actually sit down and try to learn policy? Has he learn't his lesson? Or is he going to continue being stupid Trump?
    If he hasn't learned it in a year he never will. Palins "education" prep team claimed she just refused to digest policies and facts, so they stuck with, "Change every topic to drill baby drill." Trump is Palin 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Fine?

Hahaha.

No. He got smashed.
    See, I disagree. I think Hillary looked idiotic at best, condescending at worst. Plus, she spewed lies the whole time. It was horrible.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sorry man, I'm watching TV
    What kind of savage barbarian are you.

And she failed to challenge the bombast, like a boxer who started the first round getting the snot kicked out of her.
    Don't have the challenge it. She gave him rope and let him hang himself in public.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    I wonder if he will now actually sit down and try to learn policy? Has he learn't his lesson? Or is he going to continue being stupid Trump?
    ... in less than 2 weeks untill the next debate!?

Dude, he's probably right now slapping backs with that fugly CEO of Breitbart and Jabba the InternMolester (Roger Ailes) drinking beer and saying "OH MAN< YOU ZINGED HER GOOD WITH... WITH... BAH, FUCK YEAH LETS GET MORE BEER!!"

...it's tomorrow morning when he wakes up and sees the responses is when he's like "Wait... wha!? They DIDN"T Like me!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    What kind of savage barbarian are you.
    A savage barbarian with a cappucino.

*sip*

Also my internet connection blows goats. I have proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did fine. How well the debate went for each candidate depends on who you ask. In my opinion it was basically a tie. He did nothing to sway any of those who support him now and she did nothing to win over any of those who are hesitate to vote for her in the first place.
    The problem is, he just came across as a very unintelligent person, compared to Hillary. Every time she responded to a question on point and with references to actual experts, events and legislations, he reacted with babbling about how terrible she is, talking about his business and anecdotal experience - all while keeping interrupting her and even the moderator, with whom he actually gotten into a minor brawl.

In short, it was like a professor talking to a peasant. If the peasant wins in someone's eyes, then chances are that someone is on the peasant's level. And I would like to believe that the majority of people in the US are a bit more intelligent than a typical redneck.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem frankly is that Trump wasn't obeying the rules of the debate. It isn't intended to be a free-for-all, and if the moderator was even partially awake Trump would have been repeatedly told to stop talking.

To me it just showed that he wasn't ready for a real debate. He wanted a open forum to just shout at his opponent. That, to me at least, isn't an endearing trait.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, what is the actual point of putting these debates in front of live audiences? You won't stop them from cheering, and it actually plays a huge role. The more cheering leads people to believe that person won, and a lot of people like to vote on perception of who won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    See, I disagree. I think Hillary looked idiotic at best, condescending at worst. Plus, she spewed lies the whole time. It was horrible.
    So far from what I"m seeing fact checkers are showing Trump lied more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    BTW, what is the actual point of putting these debates in front of live audiences? You won't stop them from cheering, and it actually plays a huge role. The more cheering leads people to believe that person won, and a lot of people like to vote on perception of who won.
    I mean I get why they do it, but I agree its a bad idea.

I want Clinton to win because the US's word that we will back promises we've made and treaties we've entered in to is important to me.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Looking forward to reading the lies she spewed the whole time. On Politifact, she's Mostly True/Mostly True/True so far.

Would you like to hear how Trump's doing?