Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    At first Mythic was really good for Unholy as my group was still gearing up, then it got worse as we plowed through faster

At first Mythic+2 was really good for Unholy as my group was still gearing up, then it got worse as we plowed through faster

At First Mythic +4 was really good for Unholy than it got worse as we were lacking an AoE stun to cheese bolstering

I really want to go Frost for these Mythic+ simply so i dont have to plan every pull with

#1 this pack will have enrage ghoul for Wounds spread
    #2 this pack i can SR/Apoc and it will be up for the boss
    #3 ok this pack is only a 2-3 man cleave so ill just FS 2 targets than DnD and i will be ready for the large pack ahead
    #4 ok the first boss i can Army but then i cant use on 4th even though its up cause ill have to save it for the 5th/last

the simplicity of Frost just running in and only deciding "sindy on trash or sindy on boss" gawd i need Frost buffs to be good enough so I can just AoE stun and wildly just have fun.
    I mean, its likely UH felt pretty bad when SotWL was OP and Havoc was previously more disgusting, but after nerfs I felt pretty competitive with those burst AoE classes and for sustained UH is pretty top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    I mean, its likely UH felt pretty bad when SotWL was OP and Havoc was previously more disgusting, but after nerfs I felt pretty competitive with those burst AoE classes and for sustained UH is pretty top notch.
    Unholy is great even at burst AoE really

its just the complete lack of planning i can do as Frost or DH that i miss

especially when your chain running them for 3 chest spam, it gets tedious.

I might just go as frost lol, my other 2 guildies can carry the boss DPS not like u need help when were all spiking 600k

I'm really enjoying unholy

- - - Updated - - -

BUT I would really like frost to scale

Deleted
    I have a stable group for mythic+ and frost DK is doing some really good numbers pre-buff, i don't see what issues people have with frost, perhaps L2P?
    Last edited by mmoc7e31dcdb97; 2016-09-26 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    I have a stable group for mythic+ and frost DK is doing some really good numbers pre-buff, i don't see what issues people have with frost, perhaps L2P?
    Only in early burst AOE.

Any other situation an equally skilled and geared UH will rape him

Quote Originally Posted by Onie View Post
    I'm really enjoying unholy

- - - Updated - - -

BUT I would really like frost to scale
    We won't know how frost will scale until we get to the next tier. This is the first expansion where we will scale with haste through the expansion and scale slightly with crit before a drop off(would love to see chaos bolt treatment for KM abilities to keep us wanting/scaling with crit) and mastery we always scale with. So we will scale with more than 1 stat for the first time in basically forever. Kind of can't wait to see how good/bad it ends up in 7.2.

Do you use epidemic in mythic+ ? BRW seems to be also good..?

Frost is pretty fuckin good at mythic + when it comes to mobs. Once you hit a ST boss fight your value goes down the window but since frost has an aoe stun and honestly better aoe than unholy right now due to less ramp up time and higher burst, I do think that frost is a smidge better than unholy in dungs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've done a few +6 and one +7 this week. UH is pretty decent. Our AOE damage isn't as high and bursty as mages or hunters, but the damage is still really strong. Keep your minion in Transformation mode for his AOE farts of doom, great damage there. When it comes to the bosses, UH is just awesome. Using CDs, potions, and runes...our dps is fantastic. Once again, it's not as bursty as some pure dps classes, but after 30-60 seconds on the boss, you'll see yourself at the top. I've only run with a few rogues who could beat me on the boss fights, but I've topped every other class.

Frost has some nice burst, but unless they drop that 5 min cd of Sindy to 2-3min...I'm sticking with Unholy.
    What's your safe word?

im running m+ all day long to farm AP and im not being outdps by any class on trash and even on most boss as frost full mg run... my best run was +8 on time and a comp with dk frost (me), DH, MM hunter, resto shaman and druid tank was running very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    im running m+ all day long to farm AP and im not being outdps by any class on trash and even on most boss as frost full mg run... my best run was +8 on time and a comp with dk frost (me), DH, MM hunter, resto shaman and druid tank was running very smooth.
    Just went on a mythic + run with a frost dk equal ilvl with me (around 859 I think) and he was fuckin me up on all the trash. His burst on trash would be in the mils, and would stay high up there until the adds died. I would out dps him on the all of the bosses by at least 150-200k but he was superior when it came to trash. Maybe I was having bad day procs wise but I was really surprised by frosts dmg. The only way I could keep up with that if I ran infected claws and got fw on all of the targets + dnd scourge strike spam. I was running SI and pp, no epidemic. Maybe that's the reason why? Idk I'm glad frost is good at something now at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridsquare View Post
    I've done a few +6 and one +7 this week. UH is pretty decent. Our AOE damage isn't as high and bursty as mages or hunters, but the damage is still really strong. Keep your minion in Transformation mode for his AOE farts of doom, great damage there. When it comes to the bosses, UH is just awesome. Using CDs, potions, and runes...our dps is fantastic. Once again, it's not as bursty as some pure dps classes, but after 30-60 seconds on the boss, you'll see yourself at the top. I've only run with a few rogues who could beat me on the boss fights, but I've topped every other class.

Frost has some nice burst, but unless they drop that 5 min cd of Sindy to 2-3min...I'm sticking with Unholy.
    Pretty much what im finding in mythic+

Aoe is crap relative to slight better geared rogue and dh but single target on bosses is pretty strong.

Bit different in raids of course

I've done a few +5s so far as frost and my damage seems ok compared to others as we go through it. Tank I run with seems to value trash damage/aoe stuns over boss dps so there's that but I am also generally able to keep neck and neck with dps on single target. Very few fights are purely single target and if we can keep the boss fight 3 minutes or lower Sindy+Faulty Counter Measure is a pretty insane amount of damage. PoF+Sindy+Fault Counter Measure+Blood Lust+Haste Procs and frozen pulse is also insane.

I drop off rapidly during in between phases though like fights lasting longer then 3 minutes but shorter then 5.

I think mythic+ groups can work with alot of different class combinations so go ahead and play what you want to play so long as you are doing high enough dps you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Just went on a mythic + run with a frost dk equal ilvl with me (around 859 I think) and he was fuckin me up on all the trash. His burst on trash would be in the mils, and would stay high up there until the adds died. I would out dps him on the all of the bosses by at least 150-200k but he was superior when it came to trash. Maybe I was having bad day procs wise but I was really surprised by frosts dmg. The only way I could keep up with that if I ran infected claws and got fw on all of the targets + dnd scourge strike spam. I was running SI and pp, no epidemic. Maybe that's the reason why? Idk I'm glad frost is good at something now at least.
    No epidemic is why....

7+ Year Old Account
    Bursting sores ftw? That's how I beat frost on trash unless they pop Sindy.

- - - Updated - - -

One more update for shits n gigs: This morning I got to do a +6 Eye with a 856 frost DK. Dude was good. Trash pulls his burst was fantastic and unless the pull took longer than 10-15 seconds, he smoked me on damage. Now...when we got to the bigger packs with more health, maybe 30 second fights, I caught up and even beat him on some packs. The big difference came down to single target...I beat him by a longshot. He started off strong with Sindy and all the other lovely frost CDs, but after that 30 second window when Army is smacking and Apoc adds are doing their thing, he fell off the map.

But it gave me a bit of perspective...I do envy that kind of burst. I really want to do a mythic with an UH DK with bracers to see where they're at.
    What's your safe word?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    No epidemic is why....
    What a joke, epidemic is garbage. Our aoe potential in mythic+ comes from bursting sores.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Only in early burst AOE.

Any other situation an equally skilled and geared UH will rape him
    In higher levels of mythic+ a frost dk will destroy UH based on utility alone.

AoE stun up for every single pack? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridsquare View Post
    Bursting sores ftw? That's how I beat frost on trash unless they pop Sindy.

- - - Updated - - -

One more update for shits n gigs: This morning I got to do a +6 Eye with a 856 frost DK. Dude was good. Trash pulls his burst was fantastic and unless the pull took longer than 10-15 seconds, he smoked me on damage. Now...when we got to the bigger packs with more health, maybe 30 second fights, I caught up and even beat him on some packs. The big difference came down to single target...I beat him by a longshot. He started off strong with Sindy and all the other lovely frost CDs, but after that 30 second window when Army is smacking and Apoc adds are doing their thing, he fell off the map.

But it gave me a bit of perspective...I do envy that kind of burst. I really want to do a mythic with an UH DK with bracers to see where they're at.
    Experienced the same thing when doing a mythic +5 with a 860 frost dk. Frost has great upfront burst but after 15-30 sec they fall off during trash pack and the fall off is even worse on ST boss fights. The difference of dps at the end of every boss fight has ridiculous. Frost can't even keep up with unholy single target in the long run but they certainly can during the pull.

And for the guy that said something about epidemic... Epi slows down my rotation so much to the point where I don't even run it at all anymore. Only on the eye fight in EN. I've just been running bursting sores, pp and infected claws in mythic+ dungeons. The burst potential is higher in the long run and the only thing I'm missing out on is the high on demand burst on weak adds like imps. All epidemic is is a dps pad and it's pretty wack honestly. Pp all the way imo'

Well got my frost blades to 894 and my apoc is stuck at 872, I've been running frost but boss dps is so bad I think I might start putting points back into UNH

Deleted
    I always pick the specc for the playstyle that i will enjoy most and not because numbers, i dont give a f*** for numbers.
    I pay for fun and not for numbers