The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This Loremaster? That requires you to finish the all the major quest-lines from each zone.
    Now go there and click in this order:
    1. Good samaritan
    2. The Stuff of Dreams
    3. Xavius
    4. The Emerald Nightmare
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

This Loremaster? That requires you to finish the all the major quest-lines from each zone.
    You must down Xavius as part of the achievement and reach exalted with Nightfallen. This is only part 1 requirements.

Yes, I just had a reply correcting me, but where does it say you have to be Exalted? I'm only seeing Revered.
    It's also part of the achievement that was linked. And keep in mind that this is only part 1 of Pathfinder. There could be any number of additional tasks tacked on in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And the world is designed in such a way to slow you down as much as possible. Some zones are better than others. Truth is highmountain and stormheim would be much more enjoya le with flyng.

- - - Updated - - -

God that flight whistle is a fucking life saver. I mean it undermines every single developers argument about restricting flying but who cares. Some genious figured out how asanine the constant running around was and added a thing to circumvent alot of it. I guess clicking the whistle and watching a loadinf screen is better gameplay then flying? Whatever
    The flight whistle works on the principle of having low amount of artifact power to acquire. But the gimmick loses its appeal as the months drag on and the amount of artifact power needed increases substantially.

It is a short term gimmick that can not replace flying and will be worthless in six months time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It requires Loremaster. Loremaster requires raiding in Legion.
    Seems like LFR would handle the tiny piece of this requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Seems like LFR would handle the tiny piece of this requirement.
    You have to wait next month and then do the series of quests and reach exalted with Nightfallen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You have to wait next month and then do the series of quests and reach exalted with Nightfallen.
    Doesn't seem like that big a deal. I still have other groups I need to get exalted with as well. The main thing for me with flying is to fly over the uninteresting aspects. WoD was not very interesting for me, but I ground out the Draenor Pathfinder anyway. I am enjoy Legion immensely. Blizz actually made an effort with this expac, so I don't mind waiting, knowing I will get flight. I am pro-flight, but knowing I will have to grind the achieve anyway just means I have it out of the way by the time the other half of the achieve unlocks.

Why does the fact that LFR coming out next month mean anything? We already know the flying achievement wont be coming for many months. Blizzard is smarter than you and has already thought about this mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Over all I have to say that I am enjoying Legion, but not having flight has ZERO to do w/the level of enjoyment I am having in the expac.

Actually quite the opposite. I have begun to experience burn out. Where I would go out and do any quest that was available to me .. I am now finding myself only doing the quests for my emissary missions and things that may give me a upgrade.

Can't tell you how many times I have looked through my world quests and said " hey artifact power I can use that " see where it is and say "Screw isn't worth the trouble". I imagine that it won't be to much longer and that will be the majority of the open world quests "Screw it isn't worth the trouble" Basically if it isn't right next to a flight path it falls into the screw it category.

Where it I had flight I would be willing and wanting to do those quests. The reward or fun has to exceed the tedium and annoyance... Sadly that is quickly not becoming the case IMO.
    The burn out is very real.

And the 30 day mark is nearing and players are starting to feel the fatigue. By next month it will reach a fever pitch as players still in denial will bargain for flight to come sooner but that ship had sailed.

7+ Year Old Account

And the 30 day mark is nearing and players are starting to feel the fatigue. By next month it will reach a fever pitch as players still in denial will bargain for flight to come sooner but that ship had sailed.
    This thread seems to be the only one with players bargaining for flight, and it appears to be the same 10 people.

How do you know any of this? There are hardly any threads about flying. This thread is literally 5-10 people crying. You don't play the game. Such obnoxious posting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    How do you know any of this? There are hardly any threads about flying. This thread is literally 5-10 people crying. You don't play the game. Such obnoxious posting.
    Not sure how this post is any more constructive. It is possible to refute an opinion without insulting other posters.

If there is already several people in my guild burned out, wanting flying now and quit playing already.(and none of them post here) I'm pretty sure there are plenty of the same in other guilds on other realms mate. But people has simply given up on the game and just log off and play other games instead since Blizzards pride can't be touched by forum posts it seems.
    Oh the irony how they educated players them selves that pride is the greatest sin of them all during MoP.
    Last edited by Zalamander; 2016-09-27 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You consider a single thread kept alive by a 4 person circle jerk a "powder keg of an issue"? Lol.
    So the number of unhappy people increases with time?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I found myself agreeing with this comment: "It's "only" grinding five reps to revered, one rep to exalted, getting Loremaster, getting Explorer, killing a raid boss and who knows what else is coming in Part 2. If you can't see the writing on the wall and realize that the list of things we will be required to do to access flight will just get progressively longer until enough people simply give up and give the devs the excuse they want to remove it entirely, then you simply have not been paying attention." http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=25#post-482

It's definitely the vibe I'm getting.
    The problem is that if a player gives up on flying they also give up on their sub to the game as we saw happened in WoD. And there are many pro flyers like me still firmly in the no fly camp until flying is tangible and not some mystical way to be earned.

The vagueness with "mid expansion" for flying means that the wait can be up to a year or more. So, what do I lose as a player by waiting and calling Blizzard's bluff?

So the number of unhappy people increases with time?
    In this thread? It hasn't. Same people from the last 2k page thread. You didn't make a difference before and you aren't making a difference this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this thread? It hasn't. Same people from the last 2k page thread. You didn't make a difference before and you aren't making a difference this time.
    You said yourself that it has increased from 4 to up to 10. In this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people are bothered by other people expressing their dislike of a delayed game feature. Seems like this thread would be archived by now if it were not for the other posters antagonizing those who appear to love flight more than any other aspect of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no great rush to finish the first part of Pathfinder. Plenty of time to run LFR to get to Xavius to wrap up that piece of it before the rest of the requirements are made public. I take it you know and realize this so the quote is just so much irrelevant hand-waving.

To be expected from someone who was speculating that Blizzard was removing flight entirely from the game during the beta before the achievement had been added. At some point, being mistaken/incorrect/wrong all the time removes most credibility.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-09-27 at 06:54 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You said yourself that it has increased from 4 to up to 10. In this thread.
    And tomorrow it'll be 4 again. If you're lucky on Thursday you might have 12 pro flyers in this thread. But that number is honestly probably stretching it. You're really grasping though..