What kind of gear required for Mythic +10 dungeon?

Has anybody cleared a +10 yet? What kind of gear requirements are there to do so? I just pugged a +5 Maw of Souls with Bolstering and missed it by 21 seconds because our mage somehow managed to disconnect right as we started on the last boss so we lost out on time warp and his DPS. We still killed Helya with 4 people but missed the timer. It got me wondering what kind of DPS/gear requirements it would take to clear a +10 though since they would have double the health, damage and another affix to worry about (I can't imagine the healing requirement to kill the lantern guys on +10... I cleared 450-500k HPS on the one we pulled).

So, yea... thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    @TheRabidDeer +10 is a triple affix, Bolstering/Skittish/Tyrannical which my group was able to clear on our third attempt. First attempt was 18 minutes over in Neltharion's lair, second was 5 minutes, third was 25~ seconds under.

We ran:
    Protection Warrior
    Fire Mage
    Havoc DH
    Windwalker Monk
    Restoration Druid (me!!)

Our average ilvl was around 856-857.

For intense pulls like Lantern guy in MoS, or the Scorpions in NL, usually required a cooldown. The first scorpion I did a double rejuv blanket (germination talent), SofT+WG, EoG and Flourish all of this stacked on top of an efflo. Pull two was a double rejuv blanket, SofT+WG, and Tranquility ontop of an efflo.

I was pumping around 600k hps on each, and the group killed them with around 25% hp left.

We used health potions, defensives, the purple circle Demon Hunters do, and stunned them all as much as we could so I only had to heal the AoE damage. First scorpion was all of our personal dps cooldowns. Second was heroism.

For the rest of the pulls, they were easy in comparison. Bosses take a while, but they never hit that hard, especially with a warrior tank. Trash was iffy with skittish, but I kept a rejuv rolling on the party, and spot healed with regrowth. I usually was using a mana potion on cooldown, eating between each pull, and since I have a lot of mobility, I was running ahead of the group so I wouldn't play catchup while drinking.

Trash is where you use cooldowns in mythic plus :P. Bosses are simple in comparison.
    Last edited by Actarius; 2016-09-26 at 09:56 PM.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    @TheRabidDeer +10 is a triple affix, Bolstering/Skittish/Tyrannical which my group was able to clear on our third attempt. First attempt was 18 minutes over in Neltharion's lair, second was 5 minutes, third was 25~ seconds under.

We ran:
    Protection Warrior
    Fire Mage
    Havoc DH
    Windwalker Monk
    Restoration Druid (me!!)

Our average ilvl was around 856-857.

For intense pulls like Lantern guy in MoS, or the Scorpions in NL, usually required a cooldown. The first scorpion I did a double rejuv blanket (germination talent), SofT+WG, EoG and Flourish all of this stacked on top of an efflo. Pull two was a double rejuv blanket, SofT+WG, and Tranquility ontop of an efflo.

I was pumping around 600k hps on each, and the group killed them with around 25% hp left.

We used health potions, defensives, the purple circle Demon Hunters do, and stunned them all as much as we could so I only had to heal the AoE damage. First scorpion was all of our personal dps cooldowns. Second was heroism.

For the rest of the pulls, they were easy in comparison. Bosses take a while, but they never hit that hard, especially with a warrior tank. Trash was iffy with skittish, but I kept a rejuv rolling on the party, and spot healed with regrowth. I usually was using a mana potion on cooldown, eating between each pull, and since I have a lot of mobility, I was running ahead of the group so I wouldn't play catchup while drinking.

Trash is where you use cooldowns in mythic plus :P. Bosses are simple in comparison.
    Ah jeez, triple affix that is brutal. Makes sense to use cooldowns on trash, trash is usually the most dangerous part.

I don't think anybody in our group used potions (healing or otherwise) and I didn't use any mana potions (though I only stopped the group once to drink for about 3 seconds, that would probably change on +10)

What kind of DPS does your group do?

It's more about which specs can do it right now. Stuff like fire mage, hunters, demon hunter, WW is pretty much needed to clear. Hunters do great with skittish and pretty much fully negates it. After the reset and all the class changes I think you can do it with most classes. Thing is once you get towards the cap of gear you have no way to tell apart good players and shit players. Someone with 850 can be terrible lfr hero while 856 can be top 100 raider. So if you can kill Xavius heroic and have 860ish + legendary and play a good spec clearing 10 should not be that hard. But I doubt you would ever want to pug +10 at least before you get mostly emerald nightmare mythic gear.

Getting extra traits is also very important because the extra stamina % makes a lot of one shot things survivable. I cleared Maw of souls 10 Teeming, skittish, fortified(20% dmg, 40% health) and dieng was not really an issue apart from the mariners who one shot you in half his cast we had to drag him to spawn and keep the healer+ tank alive and all the dps would release and respawn after every AoE cast.

To make the timers it's mostly about dps. If you go slow the healing is not that bad, the hard part is that trash takes forever and you ran out of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Ah jeez, triple affix that is brutal. Makes sense to use cooldowns on trash, trash is usually the most dangerous part.

I don't think anybody in our group used potions (healing or otherwise) and I didn't use any mana potions (though I only stopped the group once to drink for about 3 seconds, that would probably change on +10)

What kind of DPS does your group do?
    Potions are useful for both survival and dps, great for helping out healers as well. DPS for Single target was on the order of 300k from each dps, 150k from the warrior tank and 120k from me. Trash varied wildly, but I'd say like 600-700k on average. Tank was maybe at 200k-300k, and I wasn't able to contribute on trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    It's more about which specs can do it right now. Stuff like fire mage, hunters, demon hunter, WW is pretty much needed to clear. Hunters do great with skittish and pretty much fully negates it. After the reset and all the class changes I think you can do it with most classes. Thing is once you get towards the cap of gear you have no way to tell apart good players and shit players. Someone with 850 can be terrible lfr hero while 856 can be top 100 raider. So if you can kill Xavius heroic and have 860ish + legendary and play a good spec clearing 10 should not be that hard. But I doubt you would ever want to pug +10 at least before you get mostly emerald nightmare mythic gear.

Getting extra traits is also very important because the extra stamina % makes a lot of one shot things survivable. I cleared Maw of souls 10 Teeming, skittish, fortified(20% dmg, 40% health) and dieng was not really an issue apart from the mariners who one shot you in half his cast we had to drag him to spawn and keep the healer+ tank alive and all the dps would release and respawn after every AoE cast.

To make the timers it's mostly about dps. If you go slow the healing is not that bad, the hard part is that trash takes forever and you ran out of time.
    Our composition probably was lacking. We did have a moonkin and a frost DK. It feels like maybe the mariners need to have their AoE damage toned down just slightly or not scale as much as it does with the buffs, or have their AoE ability be able to be interrupted somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Potions are useful for both survival and dps, great for helping out healers as well. DPS for Single target was on the order of 300k from each dps, 150k from the warrior tank and 120k from me. Trash varied wildly, but I'd say like 600-700k on average. Tank was maybe at 200k-300k, and I wasn't able to contribute on trash.
    Jeez, 600k average? Yea our group was waaaaay behind that. We were probably half that on trash and 2/3 for boss damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez, 600k average? Yea our group was waaaaay behind that. We were probably half that on trash and 2/3 for boss damage.
    Use 375 food, flasks, potion on every trash pull you can, potion on bosses, use personal dps CDs, hero on the hard trash pulls, plus we're all perfectly min/maxed, BiS crafted gear if we didn't get our BiS from the first three weeks, best gems/enchants, and they all know their rotations inside out. It helps dramatically. Plus we cleared heroic with a split raid, and normal with 4 splits, along with reclearing 10/10 mythics and farming all the keystones we had before attempting +10. Did 5 +2 triple chests, 5 +5 triple chests, and 5 +8 doubles.

It really amazes how many hours some people put into this game.

The common theme I see with successful +10 groups is Havoc DH and Windwalker Monk because of their AOE damage.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The common theme I see with successful +10 groups is Havoc DH and Windwalker Monk because of their AOE damage.
    And then look at the hotifixes and see what wont be common soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    And then look at the hotifixes and see what wont be common soon lol.
    Most of the hotfixes were reverted

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the hotfixes were reverted
    I thought the same thing. It says in addition to.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222