Help handling skittish?

Looking for advice on the correct way to handle skittish, we just wind up having the mobs drop Aggro and 1 shot melee. What is the correct way to handles this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

ussa taunta taunta ussa

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Looking for advice on the correct way to handle skittish, we just wind up having the mobs drop Aggro and 1 shot melee. What is the correct way to handles this?
    Going to go out on a limb and say: dont take melee.

Some of the Mythic Plus affixes are going to be punishing for certain group comps. Skittish is probably going to be overly punishing to groups with melee, since you really wont be able to avoid the 1 shot since you never have time to see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Going to go out on a limb and say: dont take melee.

Some of the Mythic Plus affixes are going to be punishing for certain group comps. Skittish is probably going to be overly punishing to groups with melee, since you really wont be able to avoid the 1 shot since you never have time to see it coming.
    I dunno about that. We cleared +8 Nelth's yesterday with Veng DH, Fury Warr, Unholy DK, Assass Rogue, and Resto druid. Didn't have any issues with a melee getting oneshot. Had about 4-5 minutes left on the timer so we weren't going terribly slow.

So to be certain, can some explain the technical details of skittish? Is it a random threat drop you can do nothing about?
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    I dunno about that. We cleared +8 Nelth's yesterday with Veng DH, Fury Warr, Unholy DK, Assass Rogue, and Resto druid. Didn't have any issues with a melee getting oneshot. Had about 4-5 minutes left on the timer so we weren't going terribly slow.
    The tank class means a lot here too, some tanks simply do not have the AoE threat of others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    So to be certain, can some explain the technical details of skittish? Is it a random threat drop you can do nothing about?
    Something like 200% threat generation instead of 500% for tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank needs to do more DPS :/
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

We did fine with rogue opening with ToT after pull every time. Yes, we still have it.

When you tank a huge pack and living bomb explodes and all mobs switches off you

When we did our +9 and +10 this week I had to tank it. I went back to the old Raider rule. saying every trash pull give me 2 sunders before you go ham. (I was on a Bear so 2x Sunder=2x Thrash (5 sec)) So basically tell the dps to do nothing but auto attack for 5 sec.. It seemed to get alot easier atleast on trash once we started doing that. Although the fire mage and dh still had problems on bosses.

Get a few seconds before dps goes ham, use skull marker for prio targets, tab target between them. As someone above said, some tanks have it easier than others. On my warrior it's like old-school tab-sunder-tab-sunder since thunderclap won't cut it. Not 100% sure, but taunt still seems to have the threat increase, at least I seemed to have an easier time keeping single targets on me when weaving in taunt.

Just use a skull and it sorts itself out. Taunt/focus on things that you're losing aggro on. I feel it's going to be one of the easiest affixes as far as simply clearing the timer goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    The tank class means a lot here too, some tanks simply do not have the AoE threat of others.

- - - Updated - - -

Something like 200% threat generation instead of 500% for tanks.
    Well, that would explain the issue.

We did it with a warrior tank, enh shaman, 2 BM hunters, and a holy priest last night. Anytime threat would drop 1 hunter would just MD the tank and it would be fine. Overall I think you can counter it with 1 hunter.