10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...MSNBC just cut over.

Hey Hooked - Hillary isn't going home to bed. She's actually doing a rally live... RIGHT NOW ^_^
    It's not Hillary, it's an LMD!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    Trump was the clear winner for the first half of the debate before the moderator began his one-sided attack
    Asked about Trump tax returns
    Pressed and pushed about the taxes/financial releases being "okay to release now" despite audit
    Straight-up lied about Stop-And-Frisk being ruled unconstitutional, implied the entire time it was a racist bill (and thereby implied that Trump was racist for proposing it)
    Asked Trump about supporting the Iraq War
    Insisted and claimed that Trump supported the Iraq War after he already answered
    Never asked Hillary about having voted for the Iraq War
    Asked Trump to defend his statements about the Birther comments
    Implied Trump's statements about the Obama Birther issue was racist, asked this question during the "race relations" section of the debates, and interrupted Trump more than once during his responses
    Did not ask Hillary about her involvement in the birther issue
    Did not ask Hillary about the Obama photo that Hillary leaked
    Did not progress and ask Hillary about her "Super Predators" comment like he did numerous times with Trump
    Asked Trump to defend his comments about Hillary's "appearance" - implying sexism or anti-women sentiments
    Did not ask Hillary about Benghazi
    Did not ask Hillary about the Emails
    Did not ask Hillary anything about Bill's history of sexual harassment and her defense of his behavior
    Moderator seemed to avoid topics that were strong Trump policies
    Didn't mention Immigration
    Didn't mention the Clinton Foundation

He softballed questions to Hillary the entire time it was a joke.
    Jesus christ, Trump and the Trumpettes are so incredibly thin skinned. Especially on shit he's actually saying. Not, you know, conspiratorial bullshit that is dredged up from the saddest parts of the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you suggesting overstock creates demand? I think you are confusing the demand to move product and the demand by the consumer.
    Overstock only hurts the end producer, it helps all upstream producers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    What is ridiculous is you are insisting on fixing the facts to ensure your example has to work how you want it to.
    No, he isn't the one relying on 'don't know what happens to the money'. He is right, what you are describing is this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overstock

We do know what happens when demand is lower than production.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    [video=youtube;f0w-7y_DQLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0w-7y_DQLI[video]

Should Gary Johnson have been allowed to debate?
    Why would the man who chickened out of debating Sanders for charity want Gary Johnson in the debates?

No, I didn't watch the video. Why? Because you've proven to not be trusted as credible, that's why.

Deleted
    Goign to watch the debate this evening, can someone give a short summary? I cba sifting through tens of pages on a laughable discussion on basic economics of supply and demand by people with no economic background nor insight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    CNN right now. It's a rerun, the episode where Trump gets run over by his own statements.
    oh when is the new one? i want to see him dominate hillary.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You sound like some sort of extremist religious person. Do you know what objectively means?
    You talk as if its a bad thing. Considering America was founded on judeo-christian values, I'd say religious extremism doesn't exist in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Only true if you are a plutocrat. No other way to look at it...
    So you don't like Trump? Well, you'd better learn to like him. At this rate, there is no way he will lose this election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You think all the revenue gained from buying more materials for fucking brownies will then be spendt on brownies? No. What will happen is:

You spendt 100 dollars more on supplies.
    That one kid got one extra dollar from his dad who you brought the supplies from so he can buy a brownie from you. You sell 1 more brownie. You are down 99 dollars in material costs.
    Te dad goes and buys pizza for 99 dollars
    And you proved my point, demand went up. I never said demand would increase to to offset the increased costs, just that demand has the opportunity to increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overstock only hurts the end producer, it helps all upstream producers.
    You think that overstock will maintain production demand of any sector? I am not aware of any manufacturing that would count a peek, followed by a drop off, as only hurting the "end producer".
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Why would the man who chickened out of debating Sanders for charity want Gary Johnson in the debates?

No, I didn't watch the video. Why? Because you've proven to not be trusted as credible, that's why.
    I have? I didn't make the video and if you took 2 seconds out of your busy day to click on it you would see it is from a syndicated publication.

lol - nice!

That's going to bite him in the ass for sure ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    So you don't like Trump? Well, you'd better learn to like him. At this rate, there is no way he will lose this election.
    Nope, I don't have to like him, even if he wins. Although, this line of thought does explain your rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They require nominees to reach a certain percentage of polls before they'd considered for debates. I think it's at least 15%? Johnson didn't make the cut, so no, he shouldn't have.
    In the video they argue the cutoff should be 5% instead of 15% since at 5%, third party candidates can get major party status in all 50 states as well as federal matching funds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    You talk as if its a bad thing. Considering America was founded on judeo-christian values, I'd say religious extremism doesn't exist in the US.

You are either trolling or brain washed. Either way gl with that in life

What are you talking about, he did end up debating Sanders:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The point was regarding market action. You're appealing to a greater market outside the example. There is no such ubermarket in the real world, just the markets we actually have.

The facts were fixed to make it comparable. You're trying to change those limits to something that's not comparable to the real-world markets. The global market is the school fair. There's no greater market where people can blow in from and buy up a huge overstock.
    So, the $30,000 just disappears and plays no effect on demand. If you are not injecting more capitol into the system, how do you expect demand to increase when the funds to do so do not exist?

Deleted
    And you proved my point, demand went up. I never said demand would increase to to offset the increased costs, just that demand has the opportunity to increase.
    Then you have no valid point

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I have? I didn't make the video and if you took 2 seconds out of your busy day to click on it you would see it is from a syndicated publication.
    Let me rephrase this

I don't trust you, therefore I don't trust any jack-leg "sources" you link.

...and a google search just showed me what I already knew - you linked a lie... again.

No, that video is NOT about Donald Dump wanting Gary Johnson SPECIFICALLY to be in the debates. It was Donald Dump telling a reporter in passing he would want to open the debates for third parties.

whatevs...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    What are you talking about, he did end up debating Sanders:

HAH! never even knew they did this! thanks - going to save that for later. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the $30,000 just disappears and plays no effect on demand. If you are not injecting more capitol into the system, how do you expect demand to increase when the funds to do so do not exist?
    They default on their loan, because there is no demand to justify their spending... Why would it disappear? It's what happens when you mismanage business... See how China dealt with solar panel over production...