Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    From what i've personally seen, last week my friend got two legendaries in the span of two days, and a guildie who got their first proceeded 3 days later to also get another lastnight.

I severely doubt it's fixed, but I have no crucial evidence besides the consistency of these reports of duplicate personal drops, instead of more people having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Statistics is evidence. We have many uniqe players puttin in a lot of effort - puttin in many hours, opening A LOT OF CHESTS / doing their emmisaries every day now, who are yet to even see a legendary drop.

Then there is this player who just keeps on getting them as it looks right now, even with a lil less effort since he in the past days didnt had the hours to put in.

If, say, 10 people open 200 chests and dont even see one that results in 2000 chests in total opened between mythic+ 2-6 + emisaries.

Then we have one player opened 20 in total and did his emissaries and now got 3 since he did get his first.

At what poit would you think, this is not something thats broken?

I do not complain about someone getting legendaries and others not - that happens all the time and is totally fine.

The problem as I see it is that there is an issue here thats built into the game and clearly aint looked upon and it makes it hard to keep up.
    Statistics are only nice if you're getting the full picture. This is why I recommended to others to make a poll because at least that'd be a start. But the reality is that nobody here is getting the full picture. We don't know just how many people who own Legendaries have gotten another since the "fix". We don't know how many players haven't received a Legendary since the fix. Keep in mind that we also don't know the drop rates of them, nor do we know how much the protection increased that chance by.

Personally, the thought of it still being broken has entered my mind. In fact, as I mentioned, I still suspect it due to my own reasons. But I'm not going up to people and telling them that it's broken based off a few stories, all of which are technically possible within a working system. There are millions of people playing this game and the number of people that I've seen claim that people are getting multiple legendaries are less than 20. Are there more? Extremely likely. Is this happening so much, that I'd almost certainly think there's an issue. Not from what I've seen.

That is the reason I keep suggesting that people post these stories here, or give us links to where they're seeing all of these stories. That was why I had an issue with your first post. It was 1 incident vs everything else.

Speculation should always be welcomed, as long as that is what it remains.

What do you want, screenshots of when we open every chest?

Anecdotal works just as fine, or do you litteraly think ppl are sitting and make stories up for fun?
    Data of course. Statistically relevant data. And no, anecdotes don't work "just fine".

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    When there is more than anecdotal evidence.
    Would you have made this same statement when people were first reporting the issue that Blizzard eventually discovered was a bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    do you litteraly think ppl are sitting and make stories up...?
    That is certainly happening, but I'm not going to discredit every experience so far. While the level-headed response may be to tell the truth, it's extremely likely that people on both sides are making up stories to fit their agenda. People who haven't received a legendary may lie to vent their frustration just like people who are convinced that the system is working fine may lie and say that they have a legendary, but haven't recieved another.

That is one of the glaring issues with relying solely on anecdotal evidence. Nobody knows what's true and what's a lie.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Data of course. Statistically relevant data. And no, anecdotes don't work "just fine".
    Statistically relevant data consists of anecdotes. The more anecdotes you collect the more statistically relevant the data gets. So dismissing anecdotes in the name of statistical relevance is asinine.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you want, screenshots of when we open every chest?
    That would be just as worthless. I don't feel like I need to explain statistics to you, but there are millions of players. The story of 100, 1000, even 10000 forum posters still wouldn't be enough to constitute "real, hard cold evidence".

We cannot know. All we do know is that it is random. Blizzard doesn't have a team sitting there, sifting through millions of accounts and saying "let's give this person a better chance at legendaries". Even if there is a bug, which I could believe, it would still be RNG. One person might have a better chance at a legendary than another, but nobody can do anything to guarantee themselves that better chance.

This whole topic is so circular that it's kind of frustrating. Nobody is going to change their minds on anything because they are fueled by salt and anger. Random Legendaries were the worst thing to introduce to the game.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG man http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Yokimaru/feed everything is fixed and working as intended

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is RNG. There is no guarantee anyone will get one. It's possible to have very, very bad luck or luck that seems odd or coincidental. Our minds need to find a pattern, a reason to explain things even if one doesn't exist.

Also, what @Vegas82 said.
    But also that thinking can cause bugs to be overlooked even if they are still there.

That people with legendarys are still getting a better chance to get more rather than people who have none shows that. there are so many guilds complaining about a 1-3 people having all legendarys drop for only them and no one else still its silly to just write it off as coincidence.
    Last edited by mmoc733cabf34b; 2016-09-27 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole topic is so circular that it's kind of frustrating. Nobody is going to change their minds on anything because they are fueled by salt and anger. Random Legendaries were the worst thing to introduce to the game.
    I think that's the point this thread is at now. If it doesn't shift into being a speculation topic that gathers data and it is what I originally called it out as, a thread to prove something that is impossible for both sides, then I can't see anything meaningful coming of this. Neither side can actually prove that it is or isn't working as intended, which is just going to be a massive argument that simply goes in circles. Only Blizzard would know for sure.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be just as worthless. I don't feel like I need to explain statistics to you, but there are millions of players. The story of 100
    Would be statistically relevant with acceptable margin of error at confidence level 99
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

What people think, when someone says "RNG"? Is it totally a random chance? What chance? There are many many factors we do not know about this.

The fact is that it is not the standard dice-roll RNG. One of my characters (a rogue) is a lucky son ofa since I've created him. Always good rolls, every recipe, mount, etc. just drops for him, but my other characters are "normal".
    OK-OK, I don't know the game code on what's going on, but neither of us do - the fact is, that everytime I join a new guild wth him, a few instances later the whole guild says it's the luckiest character they see.

People nowadays require facts from sources that are unknown, while dismissing facts that are based on observation. Both should be considered legit.
    (this legendary thing is one example: it is NOT rng, however, the factors are unknown)

Our guildie who benefitted from the bug now has 3 legendaries, the third was his bis.

The rest of us have none.

This is such a shit system.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we have totally blasted out spammed Mythic +2/3/4 3 chests in the recent days.

Also done +5/+7 a few times with 1-2 chests.

Even switched DPS alts in/boosted them in ilvl 785ish and other more well geared alts to get keystones and made 3x chestruns with them.

In total I think we have done aprox. 60+ 3chest runs, few +2 and in total including where we puged or split up aprox 110+ in the past days.

We have seen 0 legendarys drop to anyone.

Untill our guildie joins in today. The second hes in, he gets his Third legendary.

This. Is. Not. RNG.

This. Is. Not. Fixd.

I do not envy him, hes a guildie and its superfun for him, it will really be beneficial for our raid that he got 3 to switch around with.

Its not fun to fight a broken system tho.
    Uhm, as many has pointed out, and as I've tried to explain in previous threads of this nature - RNG. Even though you have legendaries, doesn't mean it'll stop you from getting them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Statistically relevant data consists of anecdotes. The more anecdotes you collect the more statistically relevant the data gets. So dismissing anecdotes in the name of statistical relevance is asinine.
    You need to look up a few definitions in the dictionary.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 Of our guild members got his legendary on his alt and main on the same day from the same quest......

Yeah nothing to say :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be just as worthless. I don't feel like I need to explain statistics to you, but there are millions of players. The story of 100, 1000, even 10000 forum posters still wouldn't be enough to constitute "real, hard cold evidence".

We cannot know. All we do know is that it is random. Blizzard doesn't have a team sitting there, sifting through millions of accounts and saying "let's give this person a better chance at legendaries". Even if there is a bug, which I could believe, it would still be RNG. One person might have a better chance at a legendary than another, but nobody can do anything to guarantee themselves that better chance.

the stories of 10.000 forum posters could very well be a big enough sample to check if something fishy is going on. However, you already know that noone has the time and willpower to put together a sample like that. And so you can comfortably keep saying 'show statistics please'.

Noone is super salty because of the RNG drops. People are salty because the odds 'might' not be equall to everyone. Seeing people other then yourself loot a legendary is cool for them. Seeing them loot their 3rd legendary because of a bug however is not. Now noone can be 100% certain it is indeed a bug. But various people are looting multiple legendary;s (even after the fix) within a matter of days. That's in itself an extremely rare event clearly not intended by blizzard. The possibility is always there but the chances of it still being bugged is a real possibility as well.

I truly wonder who is the one being salty. Bugs happen. Last week proved that.

T
    Last edited by Chrno; 2016-09-27 at 08:03 AM.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Person of intrest (the one mentioned in the first post)

Now has 4 legendaries. Noone els that totally spams the shit out of 3 chests mythic runs have seen one.

So just RNG people, this is clearly still just RNG right?

Grind goes on today.
    Yeah, that isn't RNG.
    Anyone disagreeing at this point is flat out lying, trolling, or being paid to disagree.
    No sensible human being would think these constant examples of TWO legendaries from a single run and people getting FOUR legendaries while the rest of their group hasn't gotten a single one is "rng".

Just to remind, this kind of attitude is what made everybody not realize for 2 months that the Sha mount isn't actually dropping at all - even when people were coming saying "I farm Sha every week on 20 chars, I have 5 friends who do the same, none of use ever seen the mount drop for ANYBODY" community on forums was still "hurr durr, rng, hurr durr".
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    the stories of 10.000 forum posters could very well be a big enough sample to check if something fishy is going on. However, you already know that noone has the time and willpower to put together a sample like that. And so you can comfortably keep saying 'show statistics please'.
    Actually, when the considered event "dropping a legendary on a character" has such a low probability of happening, a lower number of occurrence of an event would be required to make a more general statement.

You can be sure that if someone was to win twice in a row the national lottery, it would trigger instantly an in depth investigation.