Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NPEC View Post
    I belive that in pve content you get better gear in order to do a more dificult pve contente. In pvp this dosent happen, there is no need to have better gear because the pvp, by itself, wont get harder, you will of course face more skilled people but they should have the same stats than you, depending on class and specialization ofc.
    So when you face geared people thanks to pve in arenas/RBG or simply in world pvp, where they can use their tier sets with bonus proccing, you think that it will be fair? Or is it fair that who doesn't have enough time to do raids, can't farm the same equip they will have? I miss WOD system where you could have a gear with bonus sets and a similar item level compared to pve players...

Blizzard confirmed that you start getting elite gear when you reach 2200 rating.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...08756989300736

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Blizzard confirmed that you start getting elite gear when you reach 2200 rating.

Nice mate thx for the post, good to know. Aight boys lets farm up those 2.2k cr, shouldnt be hard given you can get it either from 2s or 3s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    No, we do not want a repeat of the ashran gearing system.

PvP should not reward gear at all, you're lucky it gives anything at all. People should pvp because..get this, THEY WANT TO PVP.

Putting insane rewards into PvP just causes it to become nothing but botters/afkers. No thanks.
    You can go f* right off. You're not a PvP player and it shows. The only reason some people felt they had to grab the worse PvP gear wasn't because they wanted it but because you people were excluding them from any kind of PvE content through artificial barriers of insane ilevel requirements barring their gearing through PvE.

Your other opinions on what PvP should give and not give hold no sway whatsoever. You merely don't want PvP players to get anything because you aren't one. Guess what, given this kind of attitude seems to be pretty prevelant, I increasingly don't want you guys to get anything either. They should just scale everyone in PvE and remove gear entirely. Remove achievments, titles and everything else. So the only people who PvE are those who want to do it for the fun. You're lucky you're getting anything at all!

And you can go shove your "We", you aren't a crowd and neither are you royal thus the Pluralis Majestatis also doesn't apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post

When do you start getting the regular 840 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You can go f* right off. You're not a PvP player and it shows. The only reason some people felt they had to grab the worse PvP gear wasn't because they wanted it but because you people were excluding them from any kind of PvE content through artificial barriers of insane ilevel requirements barring their gearing through PvE.

Your other opinions on what PvP should give and not give hold no sway whatsoever. You merely don't want PvP players to get anything because you aren't one. Guess what, given this kind of attitude seems to be pretty prevelant, I increasingly don't want you guys to get anything either. They should just scale everyone in PvE and remove gear entirely. Remove achievments, titles and everything else. So the only people who PvE are those who want to do it for the fun. You're lucky you're getting anything at all!

And you can go shove your "We", you aren't a crowd and neither are you royal thus the Pluralis Majestatis also doesn't apply here.
    The issue is that there's always a path of least resistance, and everyone wants their preferred gameplay method to be that path. PvE don't want the fastest way to gear to be BGs any more than you want it to be Heroics or WQs.
    The solution they seem to have gone for is that gear is supposed to matter less in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    They seem to be doing this a lot recently...tanks just got majorly screwed...do they change the pvp talents that give tanks large dps boosts? No...they flat out nerf their damage abilities...then nerf damage upright by 15% and as a extra little F-U there say *Here, take 25% extra damage, just because!*.
    Tanks are not in BG's to deal damage, Tanks are in the game to absorb and migrate damage.

Whats the point of PVP gear?

With PVP scaling you based on your iLevel... what does PVP gear give you that non-PVP gear doesnt?

As far as I can tell, its just another piece of gear with a different bit of green text saying where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    When do you start getting the regular 840 gear?
    as far as you are doing rated pvp and win even sub 1k cr you get 840 piece, thats like the base ilvl, the higher your ilvl the better gear you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    Tanks are not in BG's to deal damage, Tanks are in the game to absorb and migrate damage.
    Except tanks mitigation hasn't been worth jack...since forever. For the first time in a long time they actually had defense...I understand the damage nerf but there is no justification for the 25% in damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    as far as you are doing rated pvp and win even sub 1k cr you get 840 piece, thats like the base ilvl, the higher your ilvl the better gear you get.
    1400-1500 34 wins and 0 pieces XD

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    1400-1500 34 wins and 0 pieces XD
    really? but u suppose to get a piece of gear 1st win in each bracket (other than RBGs, it was bugged past weekends) I would open a ticket to Gm if i were you XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    really? but u suppose to get a piece of gear 1st win in each bracket (other than RBGs, it was bugged past weekends) I would open a ticket to Gm if i were you XD.
    Ok I got the 100% one at 96 XD but since that is 100% I don't really count that as a random drop. I also got 2 trinkets one of which was an elite trinket.

PvP should not reward gear at all, you're lucky it gives anything at all. People should pvp because..get this, THEY WANT TO PVP.
    Fully agree. Gear does no longer matter and people are still complaining about it.

Looks like these people don't want to pvp against equally geared people but want to outgear them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Fully agree. Gear does no longer matter and people are still complaining about it.

Looks like these people don't want to pvp against equally geared people but want to outgear them.
    How can you say that gear no longer matter though? With every ilvl above 800 you get a 0.1% increase, getting 855+ ilvl atm is not really hard. That's a 5.5% increase in stats.. If I had only been doing PvP, I would have like 810 ilvl tops at the moment. (No, I don't count pvp WQs as PvP..).

In addition, I would have a ton lower artifact power than everyone else..

That would put me at a disadvantage, and no matter how big or small that disadvantage is, IT SHOULD NOT EXIST..

The above is a made-up scenario, I enjoy PvE from time to time and am sitting at 851 ilvl and a decent amount of artifact power, but that is besides the point really. The point is, that I feel like I HAVE to do PvE in order to stay competitive in PvP. Knowing that you are in a disadvantage IS going to bother people.

Edit: With that said, I still agree with @ShiyoKozuki and would be completely fine with gear not mattering at all in PvP, as well as giving you all the arti talents unlocked. The issue is that PvE rewards the best gear for PvP.. Only people who suck at PvP and love PvE can think that is a good idea.. I mean, go back to playing vanilla or s4 or whatever..
    Last edited by SirreASDF; 2016-09-27 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    How can you say that gear no longer matter though? With every ilvl above 800 you get a 0.1% increase, getting 855+ ilvl atm is not really hard. That's a 5.5% increase in stats.. If I had only been doing PvP, I would have like 810 ilvl tops at the moment. (No, I don't count pvp WQs as PvP..).

In addition, I would have a ton lower artifact power than everyone else..

That would put me at a disadvantage, and no matter how big or small that disadvantage is, IT SHOULD NOT EXIST..

The above is a made-up scenario, I enjoy PvE from time to time and am sitting at 851 ilvl and a decent amount of artifact power, but that is besides the point really. The point is, that I feel like I HAVE to do PvE in order to stay competitive in PvP. Knowing that you are in a disadvantage IS going to bother people.

Edit: With that said, I still agree with @ShiyoKozuki and would be completely fine with gear not mattering at all in PvP, as well as giving you all the arti talents unlocked. The issue is that PvE rewards the best gear for PvP.. Only people who suck at PvP and love PvE can think that is a good idea.. I mean, go back to playing vanilla or s4 or whatever..
    If you fear the pve boys will own you in pvp just because they have a 5% increase in stats, you're pretty insecure with your pvp skills.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymorìl View Post
    So when you face geared people thanks to pve in arenas/RBG or simply in world pvp, where they can use their tier sets with bonus proccing, you think that it will be fair? Or is it fair that who doesn't have enough time to do raids, can't farm the same equip they will have? I miss WOD system where you could have a gear with bonus sets and a similar item level compared to pve players...
    I never said the sistem we have now is perfect, i was just clarifing to you what many, at least i belive there are many, people belive: there shouldnt be a gear reward for doing pvp bexcause gear shouldnt be a factor in pvp.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    If you fear the pve boys will own you in pvp just because they have a 5% increase in stats, you're pretty insecure with your pvp skills.
    That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the fact that someone might have an advantage just because they spent more time doing PvE is bothering me. It's more a principle than anything else. Also, just because you're doing PvE doesn't mean you can't play competitive PvP? It's all a matter of how much time you want to spend on the game..

Unless you truly believe that if you raid regularly you must be bad at PvP, in which case I don't think we need to discuss this at all

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

2400+ arenas.
    HWL
    RBG gladiator
    Level50 honor for 2 weeks
    Gladiator s2-s3 on another account.
    Warlord in vanilla.
    Vanilla PVP vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R95qsewCidQ
    Not a pvper
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-27 at 09:31 PM.

2400+ arenas.
    HWL
    RBG gladiator
    Level50 honor for 2 weeks
    Gladiator s2-s3 on another account.
    Warlord in vanilla.
    Vanilla PVP vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R95qsewCidQ
    Not a pvper
    Not meaning to undermine ur post or anything =)
    But, to be honest, in Vanila HW and Warlords were more of a PvErs, since it was a 24/7 grind for 3 month, rather than show of skill.
    During BC/Wrath a glad title could be easily obtained by various ways 1) Running broken 2s comp (resto kin/ rogue) 2) Legendaries/high end pve gear (i knew a Ret pally in wrath who never in his life could break 2k, but once he got shadowM he ran Ret/2x healer to glad in full pve gear) 3) Battle group jumping for an easier glad cut off.

I pvp since vanila as well, glad myself as well, but in my xp a lot of "glads" i grp up with from BC usually struggle to break 2k cr in the current contest :P, once again not trying to undermine ur post or say u are a not a pvper, just sharing my xp from playing with glads from BC era.

P.S. was going to watch ur video, i love Vanila pvp videos, but the link did not work =(