Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Except for fury warriors which were crazy high at several points as they had problems balancing rage generation, pure DPS specs were always at the top of the rankings throughout vanilla and TBC. Furthermore, GC has spoken at length about the hybrid tax, and flat-out said they targeted hybrids below pure DPS in those days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still trying to figure out why they just buffed Ass when they are already the highest DPS PvE Rogue spec and in the top 3 in general.

Don't know what's more obvious, Blizz's class bias or Hillary's corruption.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Still trying to figure out why they just buffed Ass when they are already the highest DPS PvE Rogue spec and in the top 3 in general.

Don't know what's more obvious, Blizz's class bias or Hillary's corruption.
    buffed Ass

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    No, they never "stated as such" and they didn't change their philosophy. They just stopped saying anything close to it because they realized people like you couldn't understand their point.

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...rawler-quotes/
    Haha some of that logic, your dps spec dps is lower because you could fill another role. Maybe if running 6 tanks did anything but slow you down. Most pugs won't take more tanks/healers than they need, let alone a raiding guild. By that logic Warrior/DH should be the best tanks because they can't go heals. Oh wait.

I'm confused, are we arguing that there is or isn't a Hybrid Tax? Honestly if it's around it should be gone. The game has evolved from 31 point open talent tree to a spec dependent talent tree, in addition too adding artifact weapons, talents, and spec dependent legendaries. To me it seems that throughout the years Blizzard has wanted players to focus on one tree in a class and not be able to be the "jack of all trades." To punish classes that has the potential to fill multiple roles, while not feasibly (at least at the start) being able to, would be counter productive.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Every class below UH DK should be buffed a bit and all should be fine. No reason to Nerf others really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I'm confused, are we arguing that there is or isn't a Hybrid Tax? Honestly if it's around it should be gone. The game has evolved from 31 point open talent tree to a spec dependent talent tree, in addition too adding artifact weapons, talents, and spec dependent legendaries. To me it seems that throughout the years Blizzard has wanted players to focus on one tree in a class and not be able to be the "jack of all trades." To punish classes that has the potential to fill multiple roles, while not feasibly (at least at the start) being able to, would be counter productive.
    Yeah I'm not sure what the direction of the arguments here are.

The fact is that Blizzard has stated about a million times that they will balance the game this week, they've attempted to do that. All we can do now is wait for the results from Mythic and other sources. I just wish they'd drop this policy of "we don't like making regular changes". I'd prefer them to re-balance every week if it helped bring everything in line.

On the topic of hybrid classes, I really don't think those bring as much utility as in days gone by and so they shouldn't be punished for it.

A single add throws those charts into a frenzy. I'd look at them with a pinch of salt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Every class below UH DK should be buffed a bit and all should be fine. No reason to Nerf others really.
    buffing classes without nerfing others would result in making the content to easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhowzera View Post
    buffed Ass

haha
    Blizz loves buffing Ass, didn't you know?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Havoc isn't even first on that chart, so why are there such hard nerfs? Meanwhile MM gets little to nothing done to them. I get that it doesn't include trash damage, but who fucking cares about trash? I never pop my CDs outside boss fights anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Had a fun time trying WW yesterday with my ilvl 853 gear and being able to take off 20% of a UH before he killed me 3 seconds later.

People are crying about DHs, but those guys are only a threat when they pop their 5m cd Meta. Arms Warriors and UH DKs are OP 100% of the time.

Had a fun time trying WW yesterday with my ilvl 853 gear and being able to take off 20% of a UH before he killed me 3 seconds later.

People are crying about DHs, but those guys are only a threat when they pop their 5m cd Meta. Arms Warriors and UH DKs are OP 100% of the time.
    This thread has nothing to do with PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    This thread has nothing to do with PVP.
    Whoops, got this thread confused for another one I was commenting in in the PvP boards.

If you're losing 1v1 as WW, and losing THAT badly, it's 100% you. The only class that beats WW 1v1 is ret.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    If you're losing 1v1 as WW, and losing THAT badly, it's 100% you. The only class that beats WW 1v1 is ret.
    retri and arcane reborn?

mmmmm strange that now dps its doubled then before....

Fire, Outlaw, Windwalker and Havoc, what kind of order do they place in a raid situation for overall dps over bosses? Safe to say it's Fire > Havoc/Outlaw > Windwalker?

Deleted
    Fire is not as shiny as it looks. The free autocleave is too good to be bad, but far behind anything we see from most melees. Hardly any mages in top rankings, arms, havoc, mm and shadows are doing alot better. Especially with the coming shadow buffs, fire will not be as great as people think.
    I seriously hope they wont nerf fire at this point cause they will completely sideline mages in a blink.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
    Fire is not as shiny as it looks. The free autocleave is too good to be bad, but far behind anything we see from most melees. Hardly any mages in top rankings, arms, havoc, mm and shadows are doing alot better. Especially with the coming shadow buffs, fire will not be as great as people think.
    I seriously hope they wont nerf fire at this point cause they will completely sideline mages in a blink.
    Havoc is still getting a general nerf so I assume it won't be as competitive as Rogues or Warriors in the upcoming Mythic race... I also thought Shadow was still receiving a nerf?

Just out of curiosity.. how do Windwalkers feel currently? pretty happy with the general situation?