Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grum88 View Post
    I was going Mastery haste and had somewhat ok results but switched to vers and mastery and now my damage is way better (incoming and outgoing) and the boost to healing really works well.
    It seems weird that you increased your DPS by lowering your haste, I don't suppose you just how much of a difference your values changed? And did your ilvl increase alot while switching gear?
    Karinaku - Armory - Twitch Stream -Guardian/Feral druid in <Fate> EU-Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Karinaku View Post
    Ah you must've meant "no" when you wrote "to" in your last post then, misunderstood

I'm currently spam farming like crazy Mythic +2s to try and get a better legendary.

I don't feel like catweaving will be worth it for me while I have this legendary, the heal might be too significant - It's 60k Hp5s, might be a bit more since I got a stamina trinket.
    How do you find cat-weaving, is it that much DPS increase? I usually pull 150k in solid bear form on fights, and it allows me to pool rage before taunting off my co-tank.

Indeed! Do you have relics with bonus % on Surv Instincts to synergize with your ring?
    Oh, in school and typing on my phone. Not the easiest thing to do when MMO is not smartphone friendly :P

Well I have not tested pure bearform compared to cat-weaving. But as my logs stated on cinarious i pushed 95 % in my bravket and in the world or EU (I do not know which one it ranks from) 25 th place I feel its doing more. But I will test kt when I get home today.

It totaly depends on the fight. I use catform on the cenarious fight to get quick to the ads for example so the rage there will be depleted anyway. So I figured slme fights while you have downtime, why the hell not.

I do, I have both more frinzied regen healing and shorter CD on surv instinct I think it was. Can't see my relics right now. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Odengard View Post
    Oh, in school and typing on my phone. Not the easiest thing to do when MMO is not smartphone friendly :P

Well I have not tested pure bearform compared to cat-weaving. But as my logs stated on cinarious i pushed 95 % in my bravket and in the world or EU (I do not know which one it ranks from) 25 th place I feel its doing more. But I will test kt when I get home today.

It totaly depends on the fight. I use catform on the cenarious fight to get quick to the ads for example so the rage there will be depleted anyway. So I figured slme fights while you have downtime, why the hell not.

I do, I have both more frinzied regen healing and shorter CD on surv instinct I think it was. Can't see my relics right now. :P
    Right now I'm actually trying to get rid of my Surv instinct relics, until I get the ring.

I might try cat-weaving next week when DPS are struggling more on fights that allow it - I use cat form for mobility between adds aswell quite alot.

Right now I doubt it's worth it for me in HC. It seems our DPS are superior to most semi-hardcore guilds and they're constantly pulling great ranks on logs.

Right now I'm actually trying to get rid of my Surv instinct relics, until I get the ring.

I might try cat-weaving next week when DPS are struggling more on fights that allow it - I use cat form for mobility between adds aswell quite alot.

Right now I doubt it's worth it for me in HC. It seems our DPS are superior to most semi-hardcore guilds and they're constantly pulling great ranks on logs.
    Some of our DPS is lacking but moast of them are pulling great ranks. So i try to pull the lesser dps up abit ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Odengard View Post
    Some of our DPS is lacking but moast of them are pulling great ranks. So i try to pull the lesser dps up abit ^^
    The fact that it's viable actually makes me super happy, simply just makes us even more valuable and viable as a raid tank.

Like you said, you never played druid before - I've actually never played guardian, and hardly tank either - Only just rolled druid as balance/resto in WoD and this expansion is really promising for almost every druid spec there is.

#FeelsGoodMan

The fact that it's viable actually makes me super happy, simply just makes us even more valuable and viable as a raid tank.

Like you said, you never played druid before - I've actually never played guardian, and hardly tank either - Only just rolled druid as balance/resto in WoD and this expansion is really promising for almost every druid spec there is.

#FeelsGoodMan
    I totally agree! Resto seems really fun (as my OS) and I love druid tanking! Tanked all expansions with all other classes, but druid is really really fun, anything else that compares to that is monk in WOD. And with the affinites it makes it really interesting in both 5mans and raids, much to choose between!

#IndeedFeelsGoodMan

I've been using this one:

Code:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Survival": Agility=1.33, Stamina=3.34, CritRating=1.99, HasteRating=1.67, MasteryRating=2.60, Versatility=2.70, Armor=40.74 )
    It's from Druid Discord server https://discord.gg/aWGnr

Quote Originally Posted by smek View Post

Code:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Survival": Agility=1.33, Stamina=3.34, CritRating=1.99, HasteRating=1.67, MasteryRating=2.60, Versatility=2.70, Armor=40.74 )
    What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by smek View Post

Code:
    I dont believe crit is this much higher than haste if you arent constantly capped on rage for spamming ironfur, ironfur uptime has to be more worth than crit heals on frenz reg..

I dont believe crit is this much higher than haste if you arent constantly capped on rage for spamming ironfur, ironfur uptime has to be more worth than crit heals on frenz reg..
    Its different in theroy maybe.

Deleted
    The only argument I have seen made for crit>haste, is that haste doesn't affect your catform dps much. So if you catweave a lot, crit becomes your best dps stat, otherwise probably haste is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    The only argument I have seen made for crit>haste, is that haste doesn't affect your catform dps much. So if you catweave a lot, crit becomes your best dps stat, otherwise probably haste is.
    This makes sense to me - But sacrificing Haste over Crit which is in fact good for tanking is just plain stupid in my book..

Dear thread, is the benefit of ilvl-scaled armor/stam/agi clear enough that we should totally be wearing an 860 crit/haste leather item over an 855 vers/mastery item in that slot?

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Dear thread, is the benefit of ilvl-scaled armor/stam/agi clear enough that we should totally be wearing an 860 crit/haste leather item over an 855 vers/mastery item in that slot?
    No. Basic rule (though exceptions are possible) is iLvL 10(Armor items)>Vers>Mastery>Haste>Crit.

Versatility, haste and mastery are not so far away from each other, but armor is more than 15 times more valuable.

This makes sense to me - But sacrificing Haste over Crit which is in fact good for tanking is just plain stupid in my book..
    Depends on what you are trying to do, for example the top guilds are stacking crit to get as much DPS in on the bosses as they can because tank DMG is not the biggest problem in instances, atleast in the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    No. Basic rule (though exceptions are possible) is iLvL 10(Armor items)>Vers>Mastery>Haste>Crit.

Versatility, haste and mastery are not so far away from each other, but armor is more than 15 times more valuable.
    Exactly. This is good!

Also should take in account if the item has stamina because that's also one of our highest rated stats above mast and vers. If an item is an ilvl upgrade and it has both armor and stam it's even more likely to be an upgrade even if it has crit and haste.

Confused. You say no, and then explain that armor is tops. What then is the rationale for wearing the lower-ilvl item in my example?

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

I see a lot of clueless people in this thread.

My opinion: Haste> ALL. Why? Because haste literally increases your rage generation and you can never have too much. Being able to keep 3x Ironfur OR 2x Ironfur + Mark of Ursol makes you literally invincible.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...balus/advanced

On single target, Chrono Shard has ~20% uptime, while Bloodthistry Instinct has over 30%. When both are up, my frenzied regen CD goes to 16 seconds, yes the haste procs just cut off the remaining seconds and i'm able to spam it... the dream. I also survive well in Mythic + dungeons when everyone dies, they run back, i'm still there.

Why i think people can't play a haste based built is because you need to whack-a-mole like crazy, you get fast cd on thrash + mangle + faster mangle procs from the lowered GCD and it's quite hard to not waste procs and to prio which ability you will spend your next for ex. 3 GCD in, as everything changes FAST.

Proper math: no amount of versatility or mastery will passively mitigate ~70% phisical damage and 30% magical. Just imagine you're keeping 2x Ironfur + 1 Mark of Ursol up at all times in heavy phisical + magical fights. Just for 30% magical you would need an equivalent of 60% versa... see my point?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    I see a lot of clueless people in this thread.

My opinion: Haste> ALL. Why? Because haste literally increases your rage generation and you can never have too much. Being able to keep 3x Ironfur OR 2x Ironfur + Mark of Ursol makes you literally invincible.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...balus/advanced

On single target, Chrono Shard has ~20% uptime, while Bloodthistry Instinct has over 30%. When both are up, my frenzied regen CD goes to 16 seconds, yes the haste procs just cut off the remaining seconds and i'm able to spam it... the dream. I also survive well in Mythic + dungeons when everyone dies, they run back, i'm still there.

Why i think people can't play a haste based built is because you need to whack-a-mole like crazy, you get fast cd on thrash + mangle + faster mangle procs from the lowered GCD and it's quite hard to not waste procs and to prio which ability you will spend your next for ex. 3 GCD in, as everything changes FAST.

Proper math: no amount of versatility or mastery will passively mitigate ~70% phisical damage and 30% magical. Just imagine you're keeping 2x Ironfur + 1 Mark of Ursol up at all times in heavy phisical + magical fights. Just for 30% magical you would need an equivalent of 60% versa... see my point?
    Your post makes it sound like without haste you cannot use Ironfur/Mark at all which couldn't be farther from the truth.

[secretly rooting for him to be miraculously correct as I main boomkin for raids...]