Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most people knew legendaries were a bad idea from the moment they were announced. Now we are just confirming it.

Between Titanforged items and legendaries we are depending on PURE LUCK to not be subpar to the lucky ones.

I like Legion, but this gearing design is clearly awful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Man I never want to work with you as QA if you think such a major bug on such a defining feature of the expansion going through is ok.
    Never said its OK, I said it happens.
    Last time I let a bug like this pass was 11 years ago and it cost my company 10's of thousands, I wasn't fired and I worked there for another 7 years.
    Things happen, people are human, things are missed on a daily basis.

Our guild have not seen a single legendary and we had 3 teams doing all the mythics and spamming mythic pluss like madmen when it opened. Its been heavy activity since day 1 of legion. Not one single legendary until yesterday when 2 people got it from the same boss in the same dungeon at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    You can post 100's and I can post 100's where this isn't the case.
    So it really doesn't matter what you think it is.

As of this moment in time we have 21 legendary's in my guild, most on people alts and not on their main raid toon.
    There is only 1 person with 2 legendary's and there were 2 weeks between him getting his first (from a dungeon) and getting his second (from HC EN).

So for every single fucking "proof" you post there are thousands of people were this is not happening for.
    I don't have enough crayons to explain it to you why your argument is incredibly stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I would love to see what would ppl say if Blizzard says something like " After close examination we have concluded that a bug was still present which was rewarding people with more legendary items if they already have one. Te bug should be fixed now. Sorry for fckup "
    Probably not much considering that basically nobody has denied the possibility that it may be bugged. Stating that a sample size is too low for it to be definitive =/= saying that there's definitely no bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    I don't have enough crayons to explain it to you why your argument is incredibly stupid
    Because its not, you just do not have any reasonable argument except your endless whining like most moanbags on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Probably not much considering that basically nobody has denied the possibility that it may be bugged. Stating that a sample size is too low for it to be definitive =/= saying that there's definitely no bug.
    Yep at least one person with a functional brain in this tread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This is just getting ridiculous.

It's random. It has always, always been random. You have a fixed chance of getting x item from x activity. Look at it like this:

If you have a 10% chance of getting an item, a number is rolled between 1 and 10, and if that number matches the ONE number out of 1 - 10, you get the item. It is possible to never get an item. Ever. It is possible to be lucky and get the item multiple times over.

The way that bad-luck protection systems work is that the chance increases. Say, 10% to 20%. Now all you have to do is match two of the numbers with yours (still 1 - 10). You have a higher chance of getting an item. Again, this is not a guarantee. It's still random. You could still never get an item or you could get multiples.

The bug was that people with a legendary had a higher chance of getting another when they weren't supposed to. That had nothing to do with random number generation or how randomizing works, it just had to do with the chance. That's it. That's the bug that they fixed.

People bitching and moaning about not having one while so-and-so got 3, get over it. I don't have one. I don't complain about it or think Blizzard is lying.
    Do you have any information of what kind of RNG they are using?

Because as you probably know, PRNG generated sequences are not actually random, they appear to be random but they are not. If the system is implemented correctly then it can be good enough for handling legendary drop chance. But again, a bad implementation can cause lots of trouble. Recall that each sequence/number (in most PRNG) is a function of the previous one. This means it is deterministic and can be predicted.

I bet the bug was a problem with the seed being used for the PRNG, and for some reason it was being used again for people who already got one. Another possibility is that once a person got a legendary, the system was reverting to an old value, and as a result reaching the same legendary-value again quickly.

On a side note: Their new philosophy of legendaries will make having a legendary loses it's feeling. I believe that legendary items should not drop anywhere. Maybe only in Mythic raids (I am not a mythic raider). What I mean is getting a legendary drop should feel like a (lucky) reward not just pure luck.

You forgot to read the 15 first pages of the thread I think. Same idiots with RNG is RNG as last time.

adding some fuel to the fire.

Yesterday mythic Vault of Warden. our tank got 2 legendaries.

total of 4 legendaries in our guild
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    You forgot to read the 15 first pages of the thread I think. Same idiots with RNG is RNG as last time.
    I'm in some of those pages. There's really not that many who are denying it. There's arguments about if it's RNG or not, which even if it is bugged, it could still be a product of RNG, but that's about it.

There's been two arguments going on and everyone seems to be lumping everyone else in the same categories.

- Whether or not it's RNG.
    - Whether or not it's bugged.

Those aren't necessarily the same argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Did he then get it 3 more times within a week?
    No?
    Then RNG isn't RNG.
    nearly everyone who got the drop wouldn't try again, if they did, it would be entirely possible.

I really wonder if there isn't something going on somewhere. I'm not sold that it is strictly " got one, got a better chance ". Granted you don't know how many people are being honest or not but there seems to be a rather high number of people that are getting 2 very close together. It's entirely possible they did fix that issue only to create another. Who knows what the trigger may be, it could be something completely random that once you get that first one the second comes quickly.

I know RNG is RNG, it took me 100's of runs to get my Tier 0 legs while others got it done in one run. It's just some seriously crazy RNG to have what appears to be a rather large pool of people getting 2 one right behind another. Heck tbh, two in one instance should be mathematically impossible. Sitting on 4 should actually be impossible at this point in the expansion imo.

This RNG system is shit ass... this i have on single char:

~11day 23hours / played (playing a bit less in last week)
    ~1100 WQs done, done every emissary quest, exalted with 2 factions already on other 3, im missing like ~15k combined to reach exalted with all of them
    ~100 heroic dungeons done
    10/10 mythic every week, except 1st when ive done 8/8
    5 mythic+ dungeons done this week, including +6.
    7/7 EM done, normal only, i dont raid generally, but i needed to finish suramar quest line :P

ofc i dont have legendary, if i think back i think i only saw 1 drop... ofc for under 100k dps in mythic dungon. SO F* SAD and FRUSTRATED.
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-09-27 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    You really don't seem to have any idea what RNG is. It's not a guaranteed drop after 60 chests or whatever. It's not a guaranteed NON-drop after 2 drops already. Git gud.
    Your nickname really suits you.

Actually 90% of the forum is still saying it's RNG but sadly they can't use their brain and figure out that huge number of players that got their 1st are getting their 2nd, 3rd and even 4th before the vast majority didn't even got their 1st.
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-09-27 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Actually 90% of the forum is still saying it's RNG but sadly they can't use their brain and figure out that huge number of players that got their 1st are getting their 2nd, 3rd and even 4th before the vast majority didn't even got their 1st.
    How bout you actually show me proof of you because from the data I have to go on this is not the case and you're making up shit.
    Its the same 1/2 people spamming this tread over and over with the same link.

Please show me proof that a huge number of players have 2/3 as in my guild & friends only 1 person has 2 while 17 people have 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    So we have totally blasted out spammed Mythic +2/3/4 3 chests in the recent days.

Also done +5/+7 a few times with 1-2 chests.

Even switched DPS alts in/boosted them in ilvl 785ish and other more well geared alts to get keystones and made 3x chestruns with them.

In total I think we have done aprox. 60+ 3chest runs, few +2 and in total including where we puged or split up aprox 110+ in the past days.

We have seen 0 legendarys drop to anyone.

Untill our guildie joins in today. The second hes in, he gets his Third legendary.

This. Is. Not. RNG.

This. Is. Not. Fixd.

I do not envy him, hes a guildie and its superfun for him, it will really be beneficial for our raid that he got 3 to switch around with.

Its not fun to fight a broken system tho.
    It doesn't matter how hard you try, but this isn't evidence... it rather only shows that the RNG is real.

I didn't get my 2nd legendary though. Also you do not have any proof for you claims.

Deleted
    Some of them are very passionate about disproving this idea even when they've been proven wrong by Blizzard themselves first time this happened. They jumped back on RNG bandwagon in about 10 minutes after they got kicked out of it. The level of blind faith put into a developer who managed to create broken system that was UNDETECTED (partially because people like them kept saying RNG) for MONTHS, not days, not hours but MONTHS, and yet they blindly trust them that the problem is fixed (same guys who thaught first iteration was working as indended worked on the fix for god's sake!) even when there is increasing number of accounts that still seem to be affected by the bug. I just can't comprehend how blind you have to be to ignore this. This is next level fanboi. I don't expect anyone to jump onto conspiracy badnwagon now but why some people are so passionate about saying "fuck you it's rng deal with it", just, why.