Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    That would also be me Trash is often way harder compared to the bossfights.

To the OP: You have two options, either you keep busting your balls keeping everyone up altough you didn't get a manabreak and your mana is gone, so you start to bandage. Throwing everything you can when you have a sliver of mana back.

When I'm (near) oom after a fight I sit down and drink.
    If the tank rushes forward and charges into the next pack and dies, it's his problem.
    I'm not his personal monkey. He eiterh watches my mana and waits, or makes sure the has enough personal cooldowns to survive until I am back.

Healing isn't stressful.

Most healers are just shit, being used to afking their way through 90% of every instance they ever do, because healing is so easy and forgiving; you just follow the tank unthinkingly, then just stand in the background and don't dps, don't interrupt shit, probably spamming overheals on people because you can't be bothered to spend the mental energy required to do anything else.

Then you just freak the fuck out when you actually have to do some healing for a change because you're not used to having to.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei View Post
    Why can't a DPS failing a mechanic stick that dps with a big damage debuff and some damage instead of just a ridiculous amount of damage for the healer to deal with? Etc.
    The whole situation sort of flips when you start (progression) raiding. Unless DPS does their job, you fail to kill the bosses. There's a lot of pressure for DPS to perform numerically well (in the upper percentile echelons) while flawlessly executing raid mechanics.

At that point you start benching healers because DPS is more important and you have to get by having 2-3 healers in a 20 man raid anyhow.

When I'm running dungeons with my guildies I mostly just DPS because there's not that much to heal. Running with PUGs is different experience.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-09-27 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    I kinda like the idea of putting the hurt at the one that caused it. The dmg redux debuff stuff sounds like a great idea to do that. I don't mind healing people standing in fire when there is a strong incentive to not do that for to long. :P Although in LFR people will propbably not give a shit, since half the raid is alt+tabbed anyway.

Messing with the treat of tanking sounds like a great way to cause more work for me and drama though, so no thanks.

I dunno, I have 4 hots and an unofficial hot on the tank at most times, once in awhile I'll see a DPS get two shotted, but that is their own damn fault for falling asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

this also depends on which healer you play

do Resto druids and shamans have the easiest time in 5-mans ? or Holys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Healing isn't stressful.

Most healers are just shit, being used to afking their way through 90% of every instance they ever do, because healing is so easy and forgiving; you just follow the tank unthinkingly, then just stand in the background and don't dps, don't interrupt shit, probably spamming overheals on people because you can't be bothered to spend the mental energy required to do anything else.

Then you just freak the fuck out when you actually have to do some healing for a change because you're not used to having to.
    why don't you try healing for mythic + for a pug and come back and tell us again healing is super easy.

Don't get me wrong, guys. I like healing. But that doesn't preclude me from having opinions about how healing play isn't perfect or how it could be made better.

The crux of it is this:

Got a great group where the tank is perfect with his mitigation CDs and the DPS are all on top of interrupts and moving out of fire and they still do crazy DPS that drops everything in the blink of an eye? Healing is a breeze, beause there's so little to do and your mana bar is always full and your CDs are always ready... and the only way to get a challenge is to push the hardest content in the game until either unavoidable damage is high enough that it is stressful for the healer or mechanics are so fast and furious that they aren't really avoidable anymore.

Got a bad group where the tank takes boatloads of damage and the DPS don't interrupt or move out of the fire and DPS is low so fights drag on forever? Healing is hell, because you can't keep up with all the damage coming in and you are OOMing and you blow your CDs left and right so they're never available when you actually are supposed to use them... and the only way to get half a break is to do fall back to content that you overgear.

I just feel like healing should be less dependent on the rest of the group for how it feels. There should be less of a difference in the healing required between a bad group and a great group so that a healer isn't bored in a good group and manic in a bad group. The other roles pretty much do their thing regardless of what the group is like. DPS blow stuff up (and hopefully interrupt and don't stand in fire) regardless of whether the tank shrugs off every hit or gets wrecked, regardless of whether the healer is a miracle-worker or a scrub. Tanks use their abilities to maximize their survival while incidentally keeping aggro regardless of whether the DPS drop mobs in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, regardless of whether the healer has everyone topped off nonstop or is flirting with the group wiping all the time.

Why? I don't play a healer because I want to be bored, but I also don't play a healer because I am looking forward to every second of a 20-minute dungeon run being a manic click fest of HP bars bouncing up and down and cursing at my computer because my CDs are still down from the last trash pack. Why can't the focus be less on avoidable damage absolutely wrecking people who fail a mechanic and more balanced between unavoidable and avoidable damage to heal, plus mechanics beyond raw damage to incentivize proper performance?

TLDR: Healing should be challenging (and fun) because the abilities and the fights are challenging and fun, not because your bad group keeps standing in fire so much that you need to max your HPS to keep people alive. Flurries of frantic healing should come because fight mechanics bring it about, not because the hunter keeps pulling adds with barrage.
    Last edited by Einzweidrei; 2016-09-27 at 02:57 PM.

[Resto] Healing in mythic+ is stressfull as far as I know.
    I like to talk to people (write) before the run begins, and I ask them to wait a few secs when I write "mana" (cos its a short word to write during or after a trash group).
    For me it has worked so far, even when hunting for 3 chests.
    -> A good tank will always wait up 5 secs to drink instead of 50 secs after wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    When like 80% of your average healer don't even have dispel on their bar it's quite an issue.

During HFC the ammount of healer recruit who couldn't handle dispeling in raid was astonishing. And it doesn't look better in Legion apparently (we kicked a rsham tryout yesterday who couldn't understand basic dispel management on Xavius. Killed him just fine with our own competent healers).

Healers often cry, but often are also the worse player by a large ammount when PUGing easy content (daily heroic, mythic +0, etc.)

Always a good laugh when you get a disc priest who don't even understand the new gameplay
    Depends on what's going on really. If I am low on mana and another class can dispel or have their CD to save them I won't use mine. If I have to pick saving the tank or dispel you, it will be saving the tanks every single time. For me tanks needs to to say 65% hp above , dps needs to be at 50% above. If they are not they get heal first over anything. Dispel uses a lot of mana for some reason that's something blizzard should look into.

It also depends on your class. If you are a druid you have a lot easier time dealing with AoE since you can HoT your group with little cast time providing there aren't any AoE in the next 10secs or people don't do stupid things. Try that on a pally where you don't have a lot of tools to deal with AoE and your heals have a cast time.

Also a lot of dungeons I been to I am not sure if the boss trash all does a ton of AoE damage or people just suck because it always seems some dps is always taking constant damage. Doesn't happen when I dps. My hp bar hardly drops maybe coz I am more aware of what's going on or maybe coz I have addons that actually tells me when i standing on shit so I get out ASAP and tells me if I have anything I can cleanse off myself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    ^ This is the best suggestion I've read in years!

Let DPS failing mechanics and standig in pi$$ and $hit get a debuff reducing their dps like 30%

It's weird currently... on trash many tanks drop from 100-40% in a second while on bosses I do dmg as a healer.
    Trash just straight up does more damage than bosses usually, and the higher you go in M+ especially, around +6 or 7 we start popping CDs and such on trash, sometimes even hero for things like the last 2 pulls in nelths

Deleted
    Yep pretty much sums up why I skipped leveling my healers this expansion.

I like the idea of penalizing the rest of the group though on avoidable incomming damage, rather than making you hit the most expensive healing spell non stop until oom, dps that doesn't interrupt, lower their dmg, that's what most care about, even though there is other important things like interrupting etc, make tanks loose agro if they dont avoid stuff.

It's _fun_ when there is busy periods during a boss fight, It's fun when you can prepare to cast a cheap/cd heal that hits just as the tanks takes unavoidable damage, its not fun when you cant press any spell other than the fastest/most expensive healing spell, ignoring the rest of your abilities, just to keep people up, from entering the dung/raid until the end.

Yesterday's experience..... Whole group taking huge damage during the run but tank new what to do and was easy to heal. 1 DPS died 2 times and me in the end as I was so focused keeping dps alive so I screwed up a mechanic. Dps comment at end of the run.... "I think the healer wasn't that good...." When I noticed my reply would get me banned I just quit WoW. I don't take it personal but that's not the kind of relaxation I'm looking for after a hard day of work. I'm ditching healing for now and will only do some pvp as dps. There's nothing I've to care about in that environment.