Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Legion is not similar to TBC/WOTLK

Some ppl saying "people asked for a more TBC feel. Whelp, they got it. Be careful what you wish for?" but thats not true

During TBC casuals was able to get good PVP gear by doing casual pvp like Random bgs.

And now for doing good in bgs pvp and world pvp you have to farm PVE for artifact relics to have highter ilvl on Artifact. And also you have to farm PVE gear for having 5-8% more stats in PVP.

And in PVP weapon templating is "bugged". System takes the real weapon damage into account and not the template value. So a Rogue with ilvl870 artifact have much bigger dmg compare to Rogue with 770ilvl weapon.

Lorewise WOTLK was focused mainly on fighting 3rd party forces like Scourge, Scarlet Onslaught & Scarlet Crusade, Zul'Drak Trolls,Titans etc
    And Horde & Alliance wasnt fighting each other much.

There is quest in Borean Tundra where you help Alliance commander by sending him back Alliance deserter as Horde character.

And in Legion Alliance vs Horde war takes big part in storyline.

Even npcs like Jaina,rogers and Genn spread hate towards Horde and during WOTLK Alliance commanders was giving thanks to Horde player for helping Alliance by sending them back Alliance deserters.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-09-27 at 09:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Some ppl saying "people asked for a more TBC feel. Whelp, they got it. Be careful what you wish for?" but thats not true

During TBC casuals was able to get good PVP gear by doing casual pvp like Random bgs.

And now for doing good in bgs pvp and world pvp you have to farm PVE for artifact relics to have highter ilvl on Artifact. And also you have to farm PVE gear for having 5-8% more stats in PVP.

And in PVP weapon templating is "bugged". System takes the real weapon damage into account and not the template value. So a Rogue with ilvl870 artifact have much bigger dmg compare to Rogue with 770ilvl weapon.

Lorewise WOTLK was focused mainly on fighting 3rd party forces like Scourge, Scarlet Onslaught & Scarlet Crusade, Zul'Drak Trolls,Titans etc

There is quest in Borean Tundra where you help Alliance commander by sending him back Alliance deserter.

Even npcs like Jaina,rogers and Genn spread hate towards Horde and during WOTLK Alliance commanders was giving thanks to Horde player for helping Alliance by sending them back Alliance deserters.
    Scarlet Crusade BECAME the Scarlet Onslaught, minor nitpick. One was disbanded effectively, the other formed a new. Like the remnants of the Silver Hand and the Argent Dawn became the Argent Crusade.

And we didn't fight the titans, we fought Old God corrupted Titan constructs, or more specificly Loken's Titan constructs that he made to serve him and the Old Gods.

But otherwise, you're right It's very different, It's still not the best expansion since Wrath, not as difficult or hardcore as TBC, the dungeons were HARD. Hardcore hard, the dungeons here? Piss easy unless mythic and badly geared for It and even then It's just badly geared and not challanging In a fun way.

See the fun thing about Wrath was that we had the Antagonist, The Lich King kind of follow us around as we disrupted him, In Boren Tundra at the Necropolis there with Thassarian, In Howling Fjord In the spirit realm, In Zul'drak (And the dungeon Drak'tharon Keep) he appears, decieves us into helping him that was fun. He was around, and ofcourse In Icerown, chasing after his Heart now that was a quest.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    People who say that Legion feels like BC or WOTLk are the same clueless people who bought in the hype PR talk with Warlords of draenor being a new "BC" according to the marketing campaign.

The game will remain updates of Cataclysm and MOP for now on. The philosophy of the game currently is miles away from vanilla,BC.

Deleted
    I am having fun. I just think maybe the dungeon bosses could have more brain checks, its too face roll at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    I am having fun. I just think maybe the dungeon bosses could have more brain checks, its too face roll at the moment.
    Go do mythic +.

Deleted
    Legion feels fresh and definitely better than the last 2,maybe 3 expansions.I'm fine with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Go do mythic +.
    I have done Mythic+, there are no new mechanics there just more HP to burn through and higher damage output from the boss/mobs. All things that are easily overcomed by better gear which will come effortless over time.

In comparison cataclysm had legitimate "hard" bosses (for some people): Ozruk & Corborus (Stonecore), Karsh Steelbender (Blackrock Caverns), Erudax (Grim Batol) to name a few.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    See the fun thing about Wrath was that we had the Antagonist, The Lich King kind of follow us around as we disrupted him, In Boren Tundra at the Necropolis there with Thassarian, In Howling Fjord In the spirit realm, In Zul'drak (And the dungeon Drak'tharon Keep) he appears, decieves us into helping him that was fun. He was around, and ofcourse In Icerown, chasing after his Heart now that was a quest.
    I am pretty sure it was the other way around. We followed him and kept spoiling his plans.
    Surviving so many encounters with him made him feel kind of incompetent and trivial...

In Legion we have the same happen in every zone; just that they pretty much all end in dungeons.
    Highmountain's Darguhl - Neltharion's lair
    Val'Sharath's Xavius - Darkheart Thicket and then the Emerald Dream
    Stormheim's Vrykul King and Helya - One ends in HoV, the other one in MoS; with an upcomming raid.
    Azsuna's Naga bosses - pretty much boss 1 and 2 in the dungeon.

Now, I admit these are smaller names than the Lich King himself, but you get the same type of experience here...

Oh let's not forget Elisandre who shows up in many Suramar quests as well.

I mostly play BGs and some arenas and I dont mind farming outdoor content for Artifact power and order resources. But sure dont like the fact that I have to do dungeons, raids for gear. Gearing up from BGs at the moment is just ... pointless. And they said they will fix the problem of getting doubles for the same spot. Heck they did. I already received multiple trinkets and still lack many other pieces. Even from weekly arena box, I got the same piece, just higher ilvl than from a BG couple of hours away...

15+ Year Old Account
    I have done Mythic+, there are no new mechanics there just more HP to burn through and higher damage output from the boss/mobs. All things that are easily overcomed by better gear which will come effortless over time.

In comparison cataclysm had legitimate "hard" bosses (for some people): Ozruk & Corborus (Stonecore), Karsh Steelbender (Blackrock Caverns), Erudax (Grim Batol) to name a few.
    Clearly you have not done 4 or higher when the modifiers kick in.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted

Burning Crusade still had an in-game community and the tools to foster their growth. Subs were rising rapidly.

Wrath had destroyed the social tools but the in-game community that had been built in vanilla and BC had not totally crumbled..YET! Subs had leveled off.

Legion has no in-game community. Its soulless. They don't even report subs anymore.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    You have two accounts or what? To post the exact same sentence with the exact same quote?

Anyway... modifiers, let me laugh a bit.

Bolstering -When any non-boss enemy dies, its death cry empowers nearby allies, increasing their maximum health and damage by 20%
    Necrotic - Enemy melee attacks apply a stacking debuff that deals damage and reduces healing/absorbs received
    Overflowing - Causes all overhealing done (by healer-spec players) to trigger a heal absorb on the target, proportional to the amount of overhealing done
    Raging - Non-boss enemies enrage at 30% health remaining, dealing 100% increased damage until defeated
    Sanguine - Shortly after death, non-boss enemies will leave a pool of blood on the ground, which heals enemies and damages players for a % of their max health
    Skittish -Enemies pay far less attention to threat generated by tanks
    Teeming - Additional non-boss enemies are present throughout the dungeon; kill count requirement is increased
    Volcanic - While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players

Appart from Necrotic, zero of them affect boss fights in a meaningful way. Its the same boss, same tactics. They are mostly there to buff the trash in the dungeon making it last longer and hamper your ability to beat the timer. Please, enlighten me... tell me how these modifiers make the dungeon bosses more interesting.

Edit: Oh, and btw this week's +4 modifier on my realm was Teeming. More trash. 0 impact on bosses so please...
    Last edited by mmoc19ea095b35; 2016-09-27 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    You have two accounts or what? To post the exact same sentence with the exact same quote?

Anyway... modifiers, let me laugh a bit.

Bolstering -When any non-boss enemy dies, its death cry empowers nearby allies, increasing their maximum health and damage by 20%
    Necrotic - Enemy melee attacks apply a stacking debuff that deals damage and reduces healing/absorbs received
    Overflowing - Causes all overhealing done (by healer-spec players) to trigger a heal absorb on the target, proportional to the amount of overhealing done
    Raging - Non-boss enemies enrage at 30% health remaining, dealing 100% increased damage until defeated
    Sanguine - Shortly after death, non-boss enemies will leave a pool of blood on the ground, which heals enemies and damages players for a % of their max health
    Skittish -Enemies pay far less attention to threat generated by tanks
    Teeming - Additional non-boss enemies are present throughout the dungeon; kill count requirement is increased
    Volcanic - While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players

Appart from Necrotic, zero of them affect boss fights in a meaningful way. Its the same boss, same tactics. They are mostly there to buff the trash in the dungeon making it last longer and hamper your ability to beat the timer. Please, enlighten me... tell me how these modifiers make the dungeon bosses more interesting.

Edit: Oh, and btw this week's +4 modifier on my realm was Teeming. More trash. 0 impact on bosses so please...
    Because what he said was true.
    It doesn't matter if the bosses get boosted or the trash, it gets harder which is what you wanted.
    Now you change your tune and say "it has to be the boss".
    Stop moving goal posts.

Mythic + gets harder and harder and harder the higher the level your play on.
    I had to use all cooldowns on trash on my mythic +8 and none on the bosses but the instance was damn difficult to complete.

Pretty sure none of those modifiers actually affect bosses. I'm pretty sure that's because they didn't want some bosses suddenly becoming impossible because of the modifier, and they didn't want to have to individually tune them.

Mythic+ isn't my favorite content, but it's ok. I think there are a lot of instagib trash mechanics which is really shitty when you're fighting a timer.

Deleted
    Legion certainly isnt Wotlk, the primärt differential being legion seems fairly good and wotlk only compares to moldy horseshit

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post

There is quest in Borean Tundra where you help Alliance commander by sending him back Alliance deserter as Horde character.

You're still focused on 3rd party forces in Legion. You're not going after Sargeras himself, you're fighting the Legion. Hell, you probably still won't fight Sargeras by the end of this expansion. You also fight against the Naga, the forces of the Emerald Nightmare, the Kvaldir, some Vrykul, the Nightborne... I don't see much of a difference.

The Alliance and Horde war doesn't take a big part in the Legion story at all. It's only present in Stormheim, and it's about half of the zone. The main focus quickly shifts to the trials to get the Aegis, as well as fighting Helya. And you get plenty of characters from opposing factions working with you and praising you. Velen and his Draeneis accept the help of Horde players without any hesitation when the Exodar is under siege. Tyrande reluctantly accepts their help to find Malfurion and shows a lot of gratitude by the end of the Val'sharah questline. Class halls are filled to the brim with members of the opposing faction putting their allegiance aside to fight the common enemy.

Hate to break it to you Legion feels like I'm only one expansion and that's Legion. I played those past expansions and loved them but see no reason to try to constantly connect current expansions to ones of the past. All that really matters is a painfully subjective and personal opinion: is it good or bad (to you). Then just be happy or sad with it and roll from there. Really simple.

I've been playing some PTR. Yeah, it's not tbc or wrath - much too cinematic, way too much attention paid to the art - but at this point, if you have been playing since BC, the game will have little new mechanical excitement it can throw at you, no matter how much the devs try.

You people are really overestimating what a 5% stat boost is going to do in PvP.

If you can beat someone now and then we gave them a 5% stat boost, you'd probably still beat them because PvP is about controi. If you are better at control you will almost always win no matter how much stats the other guy has.

Back in Wrath I beat an 80 mage on a 74 warrior. How? Because I had shield bash, fear bomb, shockwave, spell reflect, and concussion blow. By properly rotating these abilities I prevented the mage from getting off more than a small handful of instant spells. Not a single cast time spell got through and so I won. He had both levels and gear on me, but I had more control and used that control better and so I won.

Control is literally the cornerstone of PvP.