Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm having the same issue. I've checked multiple websites and youtube guides but I just can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, I'm feeling pretty discouraged from my performance this week.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...78HL3/#fight=3
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nstoof/simple Armory is showing I have 36% crit but in game it shows I have 51%, is one bugged?

I didn't have Phoenix Reborn trait for the logs above, I went for Pyretic Incantation first. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Im in a same situation, allthought i think i have single target DPS down pretty well, i usually end a mythic+ boss around 320k which is ok.

My problem is on AOE damage in mythics, as i run with a DH and Monk DPS they seem to do way more than me, sometimes even the tank.
    I'm curious about what rotation is best on thrash?
    I usually LB>PF>Cinder>PF>PF or something, which does OK. After that i think i just kinda mash buttons like a baddie.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Deleted
    My DPS is ok in Mythic and BAD in raid. But that's just because I suck badly with ranged gameplay.
    I was used to melee, I keep moving and I am not good at cast while moving.

So I find myself often trying to spam Istant cast that are on CD. I really need to find a way to "train" myself because I feel bad atm :P

Solomodex you're using hotstreak procs on Flamestrike right? On AOE use Flamestrike the same way you would use pyro for single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drakorex View Post
    My DPS is ok in Mythic and BAD in raid. But that's just because I suck badly with ranged gameplay.
    I was used to melee, I keep moving and I am not good at cast while moving.

So I find myself often trying to spam Istant cast that are on CD. I really need to find a way to "train" myself because I feel bad atm :P
    I was in the exact same situation. Mid raid I switched to the Ice Floes talent. Find a comfortable keybind for that and use it whenever you need to move. Assuming you aren't already doing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinyyen View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I've checked multiple websites and youtube guides but I just can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, I'm feeling pretty discouraged from my performance this week.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...78HL3/#fight=3
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nstoof/simple Armory is showing I have 36% crit but in game it shows I have 51%, is one bugged?

I didn't have Phoenix Reborn trait for the logs above, I went for Pyretic Incantation first. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
    Your crit is to low. Everything under 55% is just not enough.

Look at your buff graph for the different fights:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=194329

Now look at this with a 840 gear and 59% crit:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=194329

You really should change your int/haste trinket with a int/crit trinket. This should give you 3% more crit and they are easy to get with worldquests. I did need 8 tryes on trinkets here myself to finally get a crit one, but it is worth it.

armory only shows the crit from gear, without our passive.

Dinyyen, i am when its more than 6+ targets, i've read if its less than that pyro ignite spread does more damage than flamestrike.

But yeah, generally in mythics there is big pulls so i use it quite often.

Deleted
    The truth is I have that talent, but my mind is not "scripted" to press a button to move, I have to think about it, and while we try a new boss, when something happens I am not comfortable enough with the class to "adapt"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wrong on the last part. Your opening burn must suck.
    This doesn't make sense. You do not cast RoP during combustion, period. Is it hard to understand that wasting 1.5 seconds casting, during a 10 second buff is bad?

Could you explain this? I don't see how wasting combustion time casting RoP is a good idea? Surely you want to start with a hot streak which is easy to get then RoP and combust. On opening burst I was hitting 8-900k+ every fight with 844 ilvl so I can't see much wrong with the way I'm doing things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaboozyy View Post
    Could you explain this? I don't see how wasting combustion time casting RoP is a good idea? Surely you want to start with a hot streak which is easy to get then RoP and combust. On opening burst I was hitting 8-900k+ every fight with 844 ilvl so I can't see much wrong with the way I'm doing things.
    nah, you're right, you definitely do not want to cast during combustion unless you have like no more instant spells for pyros left to use wich shouldn't happen anyway

I'm lucky to break 400k, what are you doing right? I do hot streak into RoP and combust as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinyyen View Post
    I'm lucky to break 400k, what are you doing right? I do hot streak into RoP and combust as well.
    I've got wriggling sinew and deadly grace helps. This is also with hero. Typically I use sinew at 7 on pull timer, pot at 6 and start pre casting a pyro at just after 5 regardless of if the pyro crits I cast a fireball for a sinew stack, at this point if I have a hot streak I'll go into burst if not I'll fish with fireball until heating up then pf then with hot streak drop RoP hit combust at the end of the RoP cast so they have the same duration and go into burst. Making sure sinew pops during burst is a big deal as it's an instant 2mil+ plus potion helps alot. Probably not a perfect start but it's what I do.
    Last edited by Shaboozyy; 2016-09-27 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    Im in a same situation, allthought i think i have single target DPS down pretty well, i usually end a mythic+ boss around 320k which is ok.

My problem is on AOE damage in mythics, as i run with a DH and Monk DPS they seem to do way more than me, sometimes even the tank.
    I'm curious about what rotation is best on thrash?
    I usually LB>PF>Cinder>PF>PF or something, which does OK. After that i think i just kinda mash buttons like a baddie.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    That aoe rotation makes no sense. You basicly skipped RoP, nor you made use of FB, nor you used pyroblast after the second PF, which means you are wasting procs.

Try something like LB>RoP>PF+FB>CiS+Pyro>PF+FB(not needed if pyro crits)>Pyro.

In this cast sequence, LB should always be on the weakest target, and the ignite stack should be on the toughest target.

Generally the idea around fire mage is to understand what ignite is, understand that this is good dmg, and that it spreads. Instead of spending your hot streaks on Flamestrike that does no dmg, a 500k crit Pyroblast (it goes around there in mythic dungeon gear and 25% crit dmg from golden trait) will leave a huge dot that will spread on everything.

I know it is hard to understand at first for some people but AOE rotation is nothing more than ST rotation with the aoe talents in it.

Yeah, you're simply hoping to get lucky. I don't have sinew and burst as high as you do(consistently though, doesn't require lining up a sinew pop) and I end up getting an combustion in because I'm not waiting around to use it. The only time I use it before ROP is on pull. It runs out about the same time as ROP does.

You're also wasting quite a bit of time on that potion with your method. I pre-pot at 2, cast fb, cast comb, cast rop burn the shit out of him. More time for that OP potion to do its job.
    Each to their own. Like I said I probably don't play perfectly my burst was also consistent on every pull. Waiting an extra 5 seconds to set up better burst from my trinket popping on the pull is easily worth it. I still can't see how spending time casting RoP during combustion is ever a good idea when you can easily set up a hot streak and cast combustion during your RoP cast. You should have 3 pf on the pull for an easy hot streak which you won't fit into your burst phase

Each to their own. Like I said I probably don't play perfectly my burst was also consistent on every pull. Waiting an extra 5 seconds to set up better burst from my trinket popping on the pull is easily worth it. I still can't see how spending time casting RoP during combustion is ever a good idea when you can easily set up a hot streak and cast combustion during your RoP cast. You should have 3 pf on the pull for an easy hot streak which you won't fit into your burst phase
    The only thing the guy said that's right is casting pyro on pull is a DPS loss if you're prepotting with deadly grace.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    The only thing the guy said that's right is casting pyro on pull is a DPS loss if you're prepotting with deadly grace.
    Yeah thinking about its probably wasting time on the potion, would you say potting at 2 and precasting a fireball would be better? Is the rest of my opener okay?

Yours is even worse if you waste time in combust to cast rune

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    A. because you won't cast that last PF during comb anyway.
    B. kindling still sims higher than cinder
    C. you DO NOT want to waste time casting RoP during your combustion.
    Since you cast combustion you do want to be smart enough to use RoP first so you don't have to worry about casting it mid combustion. Kindling is better on some fights, cinder is better on others. It comes down to how well the player is at aiming it and if they use it often enough. Ursoc is a good example of a fight cinder is better, you will hit with every bit of it even if you are piss poor at aiming it and you aren't going to speed up combustion enough to get an extra one in anyways.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yeah thinking about its probably wasting time on the potion, would you say potting at 2 and precasting a fireball would be better? Is the rest of my opener okay?
    My opener if things go right is FireB > PF > RoP > Comb > Pyro > FB > Pyro > FB > Pyro > FB > Pyro > FB > Pyro > PF > Pyr > PF > Pyro. Only time it's different is if FB doesn't crit and I just stick a FB as i cast Comb.
    Last edited by alucardtnuoc; 2016-09-27 at 04:44 PM.

The reason why cinderstorm is better is because if you pre cast it and hit combustion right before the cast ends..if you aim it right you can instantly get 5 stacks of Pyertic Incantation...then you go RoP and then into your opener..sure you lose 1.4 secs of Combustion cause of the RoP cast but being at 5 stacks makes up for it when you spam your standard opening rotation.