Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Same thing happened in our guild for a monk - on another note, it seems still like it's more likely to get the 2nd/3rd legendary then the 1st one. Could all be rng but I doubt it at this rate.

It's really frustrating for alot of people who did grind stuff as hard as possible since release and then seeing this while still waiting for the 1st one - I hope this will get sorted soon.
    Last edited by mmoc8bdf3d685b; 2016-09-27 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    So how it should work according to you?
    I won't say anything about it should work (game design is a different topic). However, you said

It's not about getting the first legendary, it's about getting 2 and 3 in a fraction of a time you need to get the first time which accordign to blizzard shouldn't happen (and also according ot them it should be fixed after it was broken)
    The system makes it more likely to get a new legendary the longer you've gone without finding one. It doesn't eliminate the possibility of your 2nd coming very soon after the 1st, it just lowers the chance of that happening. Many people will find that their 1st takes ages to find while the 2nd pops up relatively quickly. Since it's working with RNG it won't say anything definite about a single player. However (assuming it's working correctly), it will say something definite about the average across the entire population.
    Last edited by vlobben; 2016-09-27 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    I won't say anything about it should work (game design is a different topic). However, you said

The system makes it more likely to get a new legendary the longer you've gone without finding one. It doesn't eliminate the possibility that your 2nd coming very soon after the 1st, it just lowers the chance of that happening. Many people will find that their 1st takes ages to find while the 2nd pops up relatively quickly, but even more people will experience the opposite.
    And there is not a doubt, not even a slightest wonder after seeing so many people getting 3 in a row in a matter of 24hrs after it took them a month to get first one? To the almost EXACT minute? There is no doubt in your mind something might be still broken? My job is to be sceptical about everything maybe that's the reason I keep digging but come on, there is no such thing as coincidence in software development

And there is not a doubt, not even a slightest wonder after seeing so many people getting 3 in a row in a matter of 24hrs after it took them a month to get first one? To the almost EXACT minute? There is no doubt in your mind something might be still broken? My job is to be sceptical about everything maybe that's the reason I keep digging but come on, there is no such thing as coincidence in software development
    Nice strawman you have there. I don't see a point responding to things I did not say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    Nice strawman you have there. I don't see a point responding to things I did not say.
    Maybe because I actually don't disagree with you? But how you have no doubt the system you described is working as indended? That's the core of the problem.

Deleted
    I find it hilarious that you missed the point. It's not about getting the first legendary, it's about getting 2 and 3 in a fraction of a time you need to get the first time which accordign to blizzard shouldn't happen (and also according ot them it should be fixed after it was broken)
    This is not the case.. With 10 million people, there will be extreme outliers in statistics...
    Of course players can get several legendaries in a short period of time. What they fixed is that you should not have an INCREASED chance of getting more legendaries after your first one compared to other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    This is not the case.. With 10 million people, there will be extreme outliers in statistics...
    Of course players can get several legendaries in a short period of time. What they fixed is that you should not have an INCREASED chance of getting more legendaries after your first one compared to other players.
    Can you stop spreading the 10 milion players? This game had less than 7 milion during WoD and was steadly decreasing there is no way this game has 7 milion now, probably not even 6 milion active players where not all 6 million are level 110. It's simply not true stop repeating this.

Deleted
    Can you stop spreading the 10 milion players? This game had less than 7 milion during WoD and was steadly decreasing there is no way this game has 7 milion now, probably not even 6 milion active players where not all 6 million are level 110. It's simply not true stop repeating this.
    Oh who gives a shit how many players are active now since the point still stands...

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And some people's blind willingness to believe that Blizzard is fucking with that at every corner does not get you?

Yeah, would be cool if they provided the drop rate samples you asked for. Would that change anything? I mean, people kept insisting they doctored their sub numbers and thus their quarterly reports....something that could actually land you in serious trouble with the law.
    Weak argument is weak. I especially like how you stripped out the half of my post that called for reasonable skepticism in light of the circumstances and recent history.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

More anecdotal evidence...

Here is another one, this time in EU... 3 legendaries in less than 48 hours... two BACK TO BACK!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte.../Acuriele/feed

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious that you missed the point. It's not about getting the first legendary, it's about getting 2 and 3 in a fraction of a time you need to get the first time which accordign to blizzard shouldn't happen (and also according ot them it should be fixed after it was broken)
    They never said getting a 2nd or 3rd fast "shouldn't" happen. They always said that the chance would be lower but based on luck, people would be lucky enough to get it.

People need to stop getting bent out of shape about RNG. It's as if people who have played this game for years have gone full into the idiot spectrum and have forgotten what RNG is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Both extreme positions are unhelpful
    Agreed, but these threads quickly get filled with people too quick to dismiss any possibility that the other side might be right. The reality that some can't face, is that nobody knows if it is or isn't working as intended. It's possible that Blizzard doesn't even fully know, as they could overlook something.

It's mainly just two extremes arguing back and forth, neither of which can be taken seriously. There is no irrefutable proof that it's currently broken just like how there's no irrefutable proof that it's working right.

It's not a total bust though. More and more people are speaking up, which does so much good for the speculation side of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    More anecdotal evidence...

Here is another one, this time in EU... 3 legendaries in less than 48 hours... two BACK TO BACK!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte.../Acuriele/feed
    That's not a new one, fyi. That's the same thing from the first post. Good looking out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    They never said getting a 2nd or 3rd fast "shouldn't" happen. They always said that the chance would be lower but based on luck, people would be lucky enough to get it.

People need to stop getting bent out of shape about RNG. It's as if people who have played this game for years have gone full into the idiot spectrum and have forgotten what RNG is.
    I mean if you were active it was clear something was wrong previously - and the evidence is mounting up a little this time too that it seems just a bit too much already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means

"We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary." - Blizzard

"nah man, it was just RNG the whole time" - MMOC

Deleted
    sick "proof" mate

are you people not happy unless you're complaining? chill out, rng is rng

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying that:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dan/Fedor/feed
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Yokimaru/feed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxDAyNUfPk
    You just keep repeating RNG untill it's actually real RNG and not broken chance as it was before
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A9guard/feed
    http://i.imgur.com/VAq8A7c.jpg
    http://imgur.com/SixIZVM
    http://i.imgur.com/GeJ4xuW.jpg
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Preheat/feed
    It just keeps going and going and I don't have time to paste every single account since oyu will just dismiss saying "there is just a group of EXTREMLY lucky people out there and there is NO REASON to think something might be broken it's just PURE LUCK". Shoul I remind you that the system that you so blindly call RNG was BROKEN by the same people who said they found a way to fix it. The same incompetent people, not some wizzards. The same people who were so sure everything is OK and yet you keep saying RNG man.
    hold on, let me link you the 4 million accounts who didn't have that happen

10+ Year Old Account
    and here I am not having gotten my first.

And with my entire guild only 1 person having gotten one :'(
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup