Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Hamstring was only cool because 10 rage per sec so about 4 per BattleCry which is 10 * 0.65 = 6.5% chance for CS reset 4 times. That's the DPS increase you don't see when you look at the teeny tiny dps Hamstring does itself.
    Actually, to add to that, Hamstring would still be 40 Rage spent, so it would proc Anger Management and take 4sec CD off of BC, right?

Deleted
    Seems like Arms will stay really good still, especially if you happen to have the godgloves

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Actually, to add to that, Hamstring would still be 40 Rage spent, so it would proc Anger Management and take 4sec CD off of BC, right?
    During like the last five pages it has been said that Rage spent during BC (DC) won't count towards AM. And it has been this way for ages. When your BC is over your remaining CD is always 55s, and if you find it lower than that it's because you screwed up and spammed your hamstring and stuff after BC was over, basically wasting rage that could be used for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    3/3 ETW give same reset chance as Live. It only nerf the 6/3 aspect of etw which was frankly retarded.
    Okay let me get this straight, the ETW on the weapon is still 30%? But the relics are the ones that were nerfed?

And how about Tactician? Wasn't it at 0.65 and what's 15% of that? Not at home, at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    During like the last five pages it has been said that Rage spent during BC (DC) won't count towards AM. And it has been this way for ages. When your BC is over your remaining CD is always 55s, and if you find it lower than that it's because you screwed up and spammed your hamstring and stuff after BC was over, basically wasting rage that could be used for something else.
    Oh I did not know that, I guess this is the problem of those threads where the info is spread over 350 pages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Okay let me get this straight, the ETW on the weapon is still 30%? But the relics are the ones that were nerfed?

And how about Tactician? Wasn't it at 0.65 and what's 15% of that? Not at home, at work.
    Nope, ETW is straight nerfed to 4% down from 10%

And tactician is raised by 15%.

But if you had 3/3 (no relics with etw) the tactician raise Counters the etw nerfed completly. So only People with ETW relics loose proccchance (exspecially the 6/3 faction )

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpride View Post
    Nope, ETW is straight nerfed to 4% down from 10%

And tactician is raised by 15%.

But if you had 3/3 (no relics with etw) the tactician raise Counters the etw nerfed completly. So only People with ETW relics loose proccchance (exspecially the 6/3 faction )
    What? ...

/10char

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    What? ...

/10char
    What's confusing? If you did not have any Relics and only the base 3/3 for EtW the gameplay is basically unaffected. If you had 6/3 you're going to see a lower amount of proccs than before nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    What's confusing? If you did not have any Relics and only the base 3/3 for EtW the gameplay is basically unaffected. If you had 6/3 you're going to see a lower amount of proccs than before nerfs.
    IIRC (I closed my spreadsheet without saving). EtW 3/3 pre-patch vs post-patch your odds of MS resetting went from like 18.2% to ~16.4%. Still a bit but not anywhere near as bad as it was before.

I think their target was the fact relics were being used -30ilvl because of how good EtW was. Seems like a reasonable fix just wish other things were done.

Anyone remember what the tactician reset value was at 5 prior to the change?

Okay okay new updates came in:

Tactician proc rate increased by 15%.
    Hamstring no longer procs Tactician.
    Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 4% per point.

So how much is the base of Tactician? that extra 1%, how is it going to affect us? I need to shower and brush my teeth and go to work! Can someone do the math for these things?
    So without the adding the extra relics into exploit weakness it puts you at a 0.01% nerf to your proc chance. BUT if you had three relics then this would change. They nerfed relic to fix something that could become over powered if you got three relics for that slow. If you had three relics for Exploit the weakness then it is a huge nerf, if not you only got nerfed on the one talent ability basically.

the 0.01% is per rage spent if you didn't have the relics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renixian View Post
    IIRC (I closed my spreadsheet without saving). EtW 3/3 pre-patch vs post-patch your odds of MS resetting went from like 18.2% to ~16.4%. Still a bit but not anywhere near as bad as it was before.

I think their target was the fact relics were being used -30ilvl because of how good EtW was. Seems like a reasonable fix just wish other things were done.
    Without relics-after changes is 0.8372 per rage. Before the changes it was 0.845 per rage

With all three relics- after changes 0.9269 per rage. Before changes 1.04 per rage

So how does this effect our decisions on which relics to use.

For example prior to the nerf EtW relics where highly sought despite huge ilevel differences. How does that play out now if we have say a 840 EtW relic and say a 850 Precise Strikes relic? Does the higher ilevel win out now the scaling of EtW ranks has been lessen?

Cheers

Deleted
    So what are the best relics now? Precise strike?

Hey, hoping I can get some help on a few specific questions for running FR. I have been maining prot since Legion launched but the guild had a glut of tanks and it was decided that adding an Arms warrior would be the best move for the guild. I apologize in advance if some of these answers are in one of the 350 pages preceding my post but I would greatly appreciate any help provided.

1) Tier 1 talent - Dauntless or Overpower?
    2) Colossus Smash - Do I hit it as soon as its available, or only if there is no colossus smash debuff - I know prior to this recent nerf, the consensus was to hit it every time it is available - does the change to tactician alter the playstyle so that you delay CS until the target is no longer debuffed (or if there are under 2 seconds left)?
    3) Mortal Strike - I have conflicting information - Icy-veins says to hit MS regardless of FR stacks, however many people here say they hold on MS until they have 3 stacks... or is there some middle ground - do you always hit MS if you have shattered defenses from CS and if you don't have shattered defenses you hold MS for 3 stacks of FR?
    4) Slam - Again - some conflicting info, Icy-veins states to hold off slam until you have 3 stacks of FR... or can slam be weaved between FR if you are over 45 rage?
    5) Heroic Charge - should this be done on cooldown, or only if you are under 16 rage?
    6) Battle Cry - Over the weekend I had been using a FR + Hamstring + Slam macro for usage during BC - but I saw someone said to not macro slam with them as it will delay being able to hit CS or MS by the GCD. With the change to hamstring not triggering the tactician any more, what is proper ability usage during battle cry now. Relating back to the slam question - is it safe to not macro FR and Slam, but still weave slam in between FR cooldowns if FR fails to proc tactician during BC?
    7) Is there still any reason to use hamstring - ie at a certain rage level, or even still during battle cry?
    8) Relics - do we still want to prioritize EtW relics at 4%, or is there now more parity with taking relics that have a higher item level - especially if they buff other damaging traits such as precise strikes or focus in battle?

Thank you in advance for any assistance and guidance you can provide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, so I'm at 23 traits now and according to the path on IV "One Against Many" should be the next choice.
    But shouldn't "Deathblow" be more beneficial, now that we use Execute outside of BC, when available?

I think all said and done ilvl will be king. I was lucky enough GG to get a 885 and 875 ps and db, the other is the rage gain. I haven't had etw relics for several days. My weapon ilvl is 893 now.

My hang up is traits now, I've been saving AP until all of this shook out in case I needed to swap to fury, so I only have 20 points in arms. I'm thinking about jumping to deathblow now instead of the original path with the higher rage cap.

Probably still etw, but only 5ilvls better or something vs 20. Just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    Umm, so I'm at 23 traits now and according to the path on IV "One Against Many" should be the next choice.
    But shouldn't "Deathblow" be more beneficial, now that we use Execute outside of BC, when available?
    Going Deathblow (I believe it is 5% crit to Execute?), the 4th dragon doesn't seem like it will make a big damage dealer to adds. I see 18k shadow damage, that's laughable.

Does Ayala's free execute proc Tactician at 40 rage value?

Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    I'm sure you are right. I actually think Deathblow might be better than Unending Rage now. I guess someone will do the math/sims and prove me wrong on that note.