Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    3) there is no anti-pity timer preventing people from getting legendaries

the squeaky wheels are always the most uninformed
    And yet, you're the one being wrong - http://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.com...in-2016-infos/

Deleted
    this is actually great proof for why bugs wouldnt exist

people were reporting bugs about droprates before the system was turned on

yet it was the system that caused the bug

makes you wonder
    Don't even waste your breath (or fingers) on maudib, hes been trolling these treads like a crazy person for the last few weeks copy pasting the same shitfest over and over and over.
    Just ignore & feel sorry for him.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-27 at 12:35 PM.

btw

according to RNG.

if person A has 10 legendaries and person B has 0

the odds that person A gets #11 before person B gets #1

is 50%
    Actually it isnt Because if what Blizzard said about bad luck protection person B would have much higher chance...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Blizzard fixes usually bugs if you Report them properly.

Also I posted a bit later, that my bro got 2 1% raidmounts on the same day. Was it RNG? Yes. Is RNG a bad/stupid system? Yes. Was it bugged? No.
    1% is still huge compared how low chance to get legendary is, let alone 2-3 or 4.s.

Have anyone reported getting 4 legendaries in a day after the hotfix or did you just make up some numbers?

Deleted
    Honestly, I'd rather use my time and energy to complain about the ACTUAL system than to make theories (+ QQ) whether the RNG is "unfair" (It's always unfair though, that's why it is RNG)
    This. It's a system that feels awful even if YOU get one because you either get a useless one or a boring one.
    Example: I like to be fast. I want Aggramar's on my BDK because it's free speed. I get gorefiend's, do I feel good? Yes, it is gorefiend's it's GOOD, it's great actually. But the end result is that I feel sightly miffed as I could have gotten something much more fun. There is also the fact I might get the ring (on something without an easy -mvspeed applicator, since it procts on movespeed I think), and then just be pissed 24/7 because it's awful on most things.

On itself it feels bad because you have no progress towards it nor a clear way to get them. "Do things" feels bad because you don't see a bar that goes "90% chance" do a dungeon and goes "90.1% chance" being a zero visual feedback and making all feedback be feels based. You have no way of going "I want THIS legendary" either.

Deleted
    Breaking News : People who got a legendary think RNG is fine and legendary system is great. People who didn't get lucky dislike system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Breaking News : People who got a legendary think RNG is fine and legendary system is great. People who didn't get lucky dislike system.
    I will dislike the system regardless.
    Its based on luck instead of time/effort like in my humble opinion it should be.

That being said I still don't see actual proof that this is a "bug" and not just a few people getting incredibly lucky.
    The data set size we have on these forums is way to low to make any sort of guess on what it could be.

Still a shit system though.

No

This only claims, that they've fixed the issue...

While I can't say for sure that they've fixed the issue completely, it's far more likely that they have.

If your m8 gets 2 legendaries in one day and you don't get any after weeks of farming doesn't prove that it's a bug, but it rather proves that the RNG-System works.
    Sooooo much denial. That quote PROVED not claimed, that there was indeed a bug discovered and "fixed".

What we are seeing is that since many people are now farming Mythic +2 dungeons and looting 3 chests... that people are still seeing quite a few peeps receiving consecutive legendaries.

While is COULD be the increase of loot chances that skew the results, it COULD also be that ANOTHER bug is in play, or perhaps the first was not as "fixed" as they thought.

Why are you so willing to dismiss it... instead of expecting Blizzard to look into it further? The only reason I could think of, is if a person has 2,3 or more legendaries due to a bug and is worried that if another bug is found some form of rollback would be implemented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I will dislike the system regardless.
    Its based on luck instead of time/effort like in my humble opinion it should be.

That being said I still don't see actual proof that this is a "bug" and not just a few people getting incredibly lucky.
    The data set size we have on these forums is way to low to make any sort of guess on what it could be.

Still a shit system though.
    I agree with everything you said. The items are too strong for them to be so random and only granted to a lucky few

You didn't get it yesterday? Don't get it today? Won't get it tomorrow?
    R N G = Random item you'll Never Get

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    How come people are under the impression that they're GUARANTEED Legendaries...?
    Because Blizzard said there is "some sort of bad luck protection for it" and it was mentioned in an interview that later tiers of the expansion will be balanced around most players having at least 1 legendary. So even if it takes a year, every active player will have at least one. Besides that, why would they have a class hall upgrade to be able to equip 2 legendaries if they don't intend for everyone to have at least one? Seems like bad game design if that is not the case. "Sorry you had such bad luck little Jimmy, but guess what!?! Bob over here can equip TWO and possibly even MORE later on! While you run around with nothing... Go have fun and be competitive!!"

So it is pretty safe to assume that at least one legendary will be guaranteed if you are an active player.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews - Under misc information (Got all the info there)

Guaranteed is a strong word, and nothing you quoted indicates it is guaranteed (as opposed to just highly likely)..

this is actually great proof for why bugs wouldnt exist

people were reporting bugs about droprates before the system was turned on

yet it was the system that caused the bug

makes you wonder
    So much assumption here. Did you even consider that the "bug" was that when someone got a legendary, it began to calculate the extra chance? Even before a specified date?

Have you looked at the armory links at all showing people getting 3 in 48 hours AFTER the fix and after the "system" was turned on?

Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    Guaranteed is a strong word, and nothing you quoted indicates it is guaranteed (as opposed to just highly likely)..
    Was just about to say the same thing.

I've had insanely bad luck with items with a 35%+ drop rate, as long as it's not 100%, you're not guaranteed shit.

10+ Year Old Account

I've had insanely bad luck with items with a 35%+ drop rate, as long as it's not 100%, you're not guaranteed shit.
    shit is the only thing that's guaranteed
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted

Bad luck protection system will make it 100% if you're unluckiest man on the planet and won't drop legendary (reseting the system) untill it reaches 100%, that's the whole idea behind bad luck protection aka. pitty timer. So yeah, it's actually guaranteed, or is it too strong word for 100% over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Bad luck protection system will make it 100% if you're unluckiest man on the planet and won't drop legendary (reseting the system) untill it reaches 100%, that's the whole idea behind bad luck protection aka. pitty timer. So yeah, it's actually guaranteed, or is it too strong word for 100% over time?
    Except.. how do you know that it adds up to 100% within a reasonable timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Actually it isnt Because if what Blizzard said about bad luck protection person B would have much higher chance...

- - - Updated - - -

1% is still huge compared how low chance to get legendary is, let alone 2-3 or 4.s.
    No one knows what the actual droppchance is. Their droppchance can be easily 1% on emmisary chests.

Also one opposite example: a friend of mine is farming now for months (basically 2 years, but not everyday) with multiple chars (by his calculations he should've gotten the mount like 15 times or so) the blue protodrake dungeonmount which has a quite big droppchance and still no luck. I got it on my 2nd try.

That's how it is. Yes it is dumb, but the Thing is: instead of looking for evidence whether the System is bugged, I'd rather complain at blizz and ask them that they change the current system or remove it completely. RNG SUCKS. BUGGED OR NOT BUGGED.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    Except.. how do you know that it adds up to 100% within a reasonable timeframe?
    I will start using your logic it seems to be only way (since oyu're using it and you think you're right)
    How do you now it doesn't add up to 100% in reasonable timeframe (i never said it's reasonable timeframe, in fact I never put any timeframe, it can be a year, 10 years or damn 50). Strawman much?

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    So, WHEN will it be made 100%...? A pity timer doesn't say much in terms of being guaranteed Legendaries, especially not in the way most people seem to think aka "My friend got Legendaries where's mine???".