Trouble tanking H Ursoc

I feel like at my ilvl (855) I shouldn't be getting destroyed as much as i am. By the time Ursoc is going around on his third charge, almost everything from then on out almost one shots me. Looking for any type of tips or stats to alter or something..

Stats:

Crit : 25%
    Haste : 11%
    Mastery : 47%
    Vers : 8%

How many stacks of overwhelm do you have at this point? Is it falling off? Each stack increases the physical damage you take.

Are you taking rend stacks with overwhelm?

If you have a log to show, may help with determining what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    How many stacks of overwhelm do you have at this point? Is it falling off? Each stack increases the physical damage you take.

Are you taking rend stacks with overwhelm?

If you have a log to show, may help with determining what is happening.
    Like this guy said its a lot easier to see whats going wrong with logs.

I don't have a log. I can probably get one tomorrow. But we are rotating the overwhelming/rend. I've noticed at some points as we progress into the fight i'm even getting 2 stacks of overwhelming because his (other tank) rend hasn't dropped. I don't know if that's just mechanic wise or we're doing something wrong and no one should ever have a double stack.

As of right now, stats wise, should i be changing anything?
    Last edited by oAllElseFailo; 2016-09-27 at 04:19 AM.

Probably fine. A lot more mastery than I have but technically stronger right now for burst times where you want to reduce damage more.

How we did the fight, and it seemed very easy to us, was I took every overwhelm and my co-tank took every rend. After I had a three stack of overwhelm, he would take a rend+overwhelm and then it would just reset to normal. Didn't have any concerns for tank safety there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    Probably fine. A lot more mastery than I have but technically stronger right now for burst times where you want to reduce damage more.

How we did the fight, and it seemed very easy to us, was I took every overwhelm and my co-tank took every rend. After I had a three stack of overwhelm, he would take a rend+overwhelm and then it would just reset to normal. Didn't have any concerns for tank safety there.
    God damn.. really? I take 1 of overwhelm AND rend and i'm just about 90% a dead tank.. So i wonder if it's my cool down reduction im sucking at or you guys have some insane healers.

Whenever he takes both, he calls for an external. Otherwise they are never healing through an Overwhelm + Rend together. I only ever have the overwhelm.

Deleted
    You probably lack some pool HP. Stamina trinkets are pretty helpful as VDH

I think it may be a strategy problem.

Ursoc's debuff rotation is 3 casts:
    1. Overwhelm
    2. Rend
    3. Overwhelm

After the 3rd cast he goes back to one.

So Tank1 starts off and gets overwhelm. Tank2 taunt's and holds it until he gets rend. Tank1 taunts after rend and holds it until 2ND Overwhelm. Tank2 taunts (rend still on you, will fall off before overwhelm) and everything starts again with Tank1 and Tank2 swapping order.

You should never have overwhelm and rend at the same time, nor should the boss be on you if you have 2 stacks of overwhelm.

Also, his roar is physical damage so make sure to pop spikes for it.

Deleted
    When we did Ursoc i ended up once or twice taking a fourth stack of overwhelm, however it was not that much of a herculean task to survive its application as long as the co-tank took Ursoc directly after.

Generally it should go
    Overwhelm-Tank starts and takes an overwhelm.
    Rend-Tank Taunts and holds untill rend flesh is applied.
    Overwhelm-Tank Taunts and holds untill rend flesh fades (taking a second overwhelm)

after that the roles reverse and the process starts over again.

If by some divine intervention either tank ends up with 3 stacks of rend, he must hold until he gets the fourth stack, at that point the other may taunt and the cycle starts over.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    I think it may be a strategy problem.

Ursoc's debuff rotation is 3 casts:
    1. Overwhelm
    2. Rend
    3. Overwhelm

After the 3rd cast he goes back to one.

So Tank1 starts off and gets overwhelm. Tank2 taunt's and holds it until he gets rend. Tank1 taunts after rend and holds it until 2ND Overwhelm. Tank2 taunts (rend still on you, will fall off before overwhelm) and everything starts again with Tank1 and Tank2 swapping order.

You should never have overwhelm and rend at the same time, nor should the boss be on you if you have 2 stacks of overwhelm.

Also, his roar is physical damage so make sure to pop spikes for it.
    This is exactly it, the tanks have to swap what debuff you take. Pretty much after you get two overwhelms you don't taunt until the next rend, as soon as rend falls off you taunt for the next overwhelm until you get two then you taunt for the next rend. That is the simple way to think about it, if you overthink it you will make mistakes.

In heroic you have to actually do it right. That said if you do screw up you have 2 options that will both let you live through it. First is pop meta, That will easily allow you to live until it drops off. The second is you can pop brand, between spikes and brand you should be able to live through a double stack with some heavy healing. The main thing is you need to time things right.

What can happen is if you lack haste or time it badly you can not have spikes up for rend which is probably the highest damage ability. The secret is don't spike the first overwhelm, the damage on it is not that bad unless it lines up with a roar or a charge. Rather try to keep a charge spare for when you get a roar or charge during the second overwhelm or rend since spikes is only 6 seconds and the debuffs last 12. That roar/charge during the second overwhelm/rend after your spikes fall off is what gets you if you don't have a second spikes charge or CD to cover it.

So one tank will for sure have 2 overwhelms going.. But last night, I got called out for that because our tank had rend and I had 1 stack of overwhelm and was taunting to get the 2nd stack.

Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    So one tank will for sure have 2 overwhelms going.. But last night, I got called out for that because our tank had rend and I had 1 stack of overwhelm and was taunting to get the 2nd stack.
    There's a very easy way to handle the debuffs on Ursoc according to Fatboss (haven't tested it since we killed it before their guide came out). What you do is you taunt as soon as your co-tank gets a debuff. Doesn't matter if it's overwhelm or rend you taunt as soon as a debuff is applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say you start as MT.
    1: You will keep aggro, and the offtank will soak rend. (he taunts when rend is being cast, then you taunt back when he gets it)
    2: When OT loses rend he will taunt and become MT. (he taunts and starts getting overwhelm)
    3: You will then soak rend. (taunt when rend is being cast and MT will taunt when you get rend applied)
    4: When you lose rend, you will taunt and become MT.

Rinse and repeat.

It sounds like you will get both debuffs when doing this, but due to charging, it lines up perfectly.
    TL;DR whenever rend expires on you, taunt and become MT.
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    Someone said correctly earlier that Ursoc will go like this,

Overwhelm 1
    Rend Flesh
    Overwhelm 2

The first time through that, Tank A takes Overwhelm 1, Tank B taunts for Rend, then Tank A takes back for Overwhelm 2. Ursoc will go through the order again, but Tank B will take the Overwhelms while Tank A takes the Rend Flesh.

You absolutely never want to have both rebuffs at the same time. A quick glance at the tooltip will tell you that, and anyone who says otherwise has clearly never ready them. Hope that helps
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th