Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Dranosh Saurfang
    Varok Saurfang aka "Saurfang"
    Broxigar Saurfang aka "Broxigar the Red"

Varok, the High Warlord in Orgrimmar, is Broxigar's brother and Dranosh's pa dukes. Either way, these dudes and the non-paladin's you mentioned NEED to be in the warrior class hall.
    Oh shitballs, are those three all Saurfang?

That's a badass ancestry. Thank you for info.

So it's Uncle Brox, Big Daddy Varok, and lil Dranosh the DK, got it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Ok. Here we go! I CHOOSE YOU KING VARIAN WRYNN, SIR ANDUIN LOTHAR, HIGH GENERAL TURALYION, DANATH TROLLBANE, HIGHLORD BOLVAR FORDRAGON/UTHER THE LIGHT BRINGER.

Now that will be a 5vs5 arena I would pay to watch
    On the Orc team he only used warriors, you've got some paladins in there, so that's not fair.

Can't use Turalyon or Uther.

Above somewhere, I chose 5 Alliance human warriors, if you want to give a look see

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post

It was actually the worst part of WoD for me, we know they picked the perfect timeline for Gary to go back to - one where he didn't exist, but also neither did the Saurfang's apparently, and a seemingly much weaker Orgrim Doomhammer. We did get Ga'nar and some others.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Worgen: their voiceovers annoy me. also cowards for hiding etc.
    cowards for hiding, what??? What are you referring to?

Forsaken have been hiding in Undercity
    Blood elves hiding in the forest
    Tuaren hiding in mulgore
    Humans hiding in stormwind
    Nelfs hiding in trees
    Gnomes hiding in big machines

what are you specifically referring to that sets worgen apart for "hiding"?

Deleted
    Can i play too?

i can do that too!

Orcs: proud and noble race so strong they beat down demonic corruption, few other races can claim this. -> the majority of their army died with Garrosh's true horde in SoO
    Trolls: one of the oldest races with strong ties to demigods. managed to survive longer then nelfs without being blessed by dragons. lived through old god dominion. -> By avoiding the spotlight, that is
    Undead: one of the races most united in purpose, the only immortal race atm. -> Ironically the one race closest to extinction at the moment also
    Tauren: Their pacifism should be respected, it takes balls to take that approach in azeroth, and it's not like they don't know they are an incredibly powerfull force if they were to form a real army.
    Goblin: these guys get results fast if you motivate them. faster results then any other tech race if you pay enough, and not afraid to sacrifice to get it done. -> tend to blow up themself and their allies, the last time we saw them in action they failed infiltrating orgrimmar

compare that to:

Humans: so devided every single human kingdom through history has fallen. Dalaran and Stormwind are both rebuild after being destroyed. -> and yet still the largest army between all the races being currently held back by a pacifist leader
    Gnomes: so smart they nuked their own city and killed most of their race on their own. -> which is the same thing that happened to goblins, just with an island
    Dwaves: Drunk gryphon touchers. also divided and still hasn't recovered from their big civil war. destroyed central eastern kingdoms.
    Night Elves: so reckless they invited the legion in. used to be very racist. at least most of them learned their lesson after the world shattered.
    Draenei: hold the galactic title for throwing others to the wolves while running with their tales tuck between their legs, because their gods says its okay.
    Worgen: their voiceovers annoy me. also cowards for hiding etc. -> Who's hiding? They seem to be the dricing force of the alliance in broken isles

I could also ask how the hell does the Horde still exist after SoO...

But we know the answer to both questions. Game mechanics/bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I need to play WC3 then, cos I've heard this a lot, especially from my good friends, I know the lore ofc, but I just see NElves as huge pansies with ridiculous shaped bodies, and the new nightborne even more pansies, made worse by being jerks half the time, and the worse kind, arrogant, after all the trouble their race has caused.
    You really need to, shame you started with WoW though. The Night Elf lore has ruined them. Even Tyrande was badass.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was actually the worst part of WoD for me, we know they picked the perfect timeline for Gary to go back to - one where he didn't exist, but also neither did the Saurfang's apparently, and a seemingly much weaker Orgrim Doomhammer. We did get Ga'nar and some others.
    To be completely honest, all of Pandaland and timetravel draenor happened in a dream. Player charaters killed Deathwing, then nothing happened for a while, now Legion has returned. ONLY ISSUE is that they for some reason wanted Gul'dan to be brought back. So they invented both of those bizarre awkard stories to explain his return. Watch the BC cinematic. It's Illidan monologueing, but hes holding The Skull of motherfucking Gul'dan. Now He's just, back?
    As far as im concerned, all of MoP and WoD are non cannon. Gul'dan being the leader of the bad shit in Legion is a technicality. He's an illusion.

The only lore tieing Legion to Cata is that Gul'dan somehow is around. Sure the Civil War in the Horde happened, but it could have still happened without pandas and Y'Shiraj specifically. It could be rewritten quickly and cleanly to have never had mop or wod ever exist

And for wod, nothing consequencial happened there, except fucking Gul'dan Jr got pulled into our timeline.

Fuck those stories
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2016-09-27 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    The game says his character is. Heck, the game says my character has done all this great shit, and the game gives us achievements that back up those claims, some of those claims include killing over 250K alliance and all of their leaders. So really... my toon IS Warchief and High King of Azeroth
    Indeed. So why do you think blizzard still believes the legion or void lords are more dangerous? I want a full fleged out war against you and your faction. I want to annihilate you! Iris, pillars of creation, the power of void and titans all the same - tools to destroy you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Indeed. So why do you think blizzard still believes the legion or void lords are more dangerous? I want a full fleged out war against you and your faction. I want to annihilate you! Iris, pillars of creation, the power of void and titans all the same - tools to destroy you!
    Flag pole, 3pm!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    On the Orc team he only used warriors, you've got some paladins in there, so that's not fair.

Above somewhere, I chose 5 Alliance human warriors, if you want to give a look see
    You were talking for "They just don't have it in them to be heroic." I choose the most heroic human warriors and Uther and Turalyon were initially warriors and in its root Paladins are also warriors, that use some form of Light magic to boost. So don't chicken out now
    And who the hell is Thoradin? I haven't heard a single heroic deed with his name... so nothing heroic to see here.

Deleted
    cowards for hiding, what??? What are you referring to?

Forsaken have been hiding in Undercity
    Blood elves hiding in the forest
    Tuaren hiding in mulgore
    Humans hiding in stormwind
    Nelfs hiding in trees
    Gnomes hiding in big machines

what are you specifically referring to that sets worgen apart for "hiding"?
    they basically walled up i think around the time the scourge showed up, maybe before i can't remember, and then stayed in hiding until necessity forced them to reach out. chronicle mentions them always being slow to help other kingdoms too i think. i'm sure they did it because of the curse or w/e though, or did that only start after they walled up? i need to recheck this.

it's the reason they have such a strong army right now: they simply never took the losses the other races took in the last decades.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-27 at 01:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    You were talking for "They just don't have it in them to be heroic." I choose the most heroic human warriors and Uther and Turalyon were initially warriors and in its root Paladins are also warriors, that use some form of Light magic to boost. So don't chicken out now
    And who the hell is Thoradin? I haven't heard him... so nothing heroic to see here.
    Thoradin was the first Human King that united all the human tribes under his banner. He was the Thrall of ancient humans. He united all the humans so they could war with the forest trolls and come out on top. After a while the kingdom of stromgarde split and dispersed, half went to stormwind and half went to lordaron. I believe there are 2 or 3 brothers that are all Thoradins sons.

Thoardin is arguably the single greatest and most important human in the history of WoW, but he is very much deceased from age at this point, and his former kingdom is in ruin, simply from how long it has been, so he is never at the forefront of storytelling.

All human kingdoms exist because he existed though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Can i play too?
    ofcourse you can play.

but why is goblins blowing themselves up a bad thing? its their culture man. sapper is a noble and proud profession! prevents overpopulation too!

Brox is a shitty fanfic wetdream.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Goblin engineering is just way more deadlier than gnomish ones,
    Yes. Even to the users of said technology.

7+ Year Old Account
    they basically walled up i think around the time the scourge showed up, maybe before i can't remember, and then stayed in hiding until necessity forced them to reach out. chronicle mentions them always being slow to help other kingdoms too i think. i'm sure they did it because of the curse or w/e though, or did that only start after they walled up? i need to recheck this.
    Just roll a worgen and finish the start zone to lvl 15 and youll get all the lore you need. They didn't hide out of cowardice or fear though, that's slander lmao.

They did so for political reasons, didn't agree with other human kings interfering with the world etc.

Analogy:

During WW II, USA did not want to join in the fight. We did eventually once Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, but would you say all Americans are weak cowards because the president at the time decided not to interfere in the next world war?

Horde has always been its own worst enemy.
    The OP proves this yet again.

Numbers and tenacity. Also, fantasy game with 2 playable factions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    This is such a silly thread. 1v1 strength means nothing in war. A single Germanic warrior could easily overpower a Roman legionary 1v1... but that's why battles are never fought 1v1. Roman power came from their ability to train, field, supply and sustain huge, organised armies. The Germans could not.

The orcs are very much like our German tribesmen. Big brawlers with tribal tendencies. The humans and dwarves are our Romans.

The Horde have lived through a major civil war in recent times. The Alliance haven't. And while a Tauren could probably take a small unit of humans by themselves, they aren't a threat because their too busy being nomadic hunter-gatherers who have never actually organised an army since maybe the War of the Ancients.

I've always thought of the Horde/Alliance this way:

Orcs and Humans form the spine of these forces. The bureaucracy, the government, the supplies, the sheer manpower. Pretty equal when you trade combat prowess for organisation.

Gnomes, Dwarves and Goblins provide engineering for sieges, breastworks, warmachines, etc. I'd say the Alliance has the edge there, certainly when you consider gnomes and dwarves provide these things out of civic pride, and not for a profit.

Blood elves provide a magical expertise that the Horde was otherwise lacking. They have hugely powerful spell casters, but only a few of them.

Trolls and Night elves are for specialized warfare in difficult terrain. They're the guys you send in when a subtle or guerrilla approach is needed. I'd say they are equally matched here, but sheer experience and organisation puts Nelves ahead of the Trolls for me. Both come with loooooong histories of responsibility. They spend more time fixing the mistakes of the Highborne and the Zandalari/Twin Empires than they do their factions.

Draenei and Tauren are the spiritual heart of the Alliance and Horde. This shouldn't be underestimated. These guys bring guidance, raise morale and keep the heart of their factions strong.

Worgen and Forsaken are the wild cards. They are proudly autonomous with long, dark histories that get them into trouble. They can be a help or a hindrance to their factions. Both bear heavy curses.
    I agree with most of this, except for the last part: the Worgen are definitely more loyal to the Alliance than what the Forsaken are to the Horde, and their curse doesn't cloud and corrupt their mind the same way undeath does to the Forsaken. Genn Greymane is a good and caring king, just momentarily blinded by grief when he set forth to chase Sylvanas. And from his PoV it's fully understandable; the Forsaken led by Sylvanas destroyed his kingdom that posed no threat to them, massacred his people and murdered his son; and while Sylvanas' "betrayal" that led to Varian's death was not her fault, her goals and methods are otherwise far from good, moral and just (she's basically aiming to become the new Lich Queen), and she has to be stopped.

"Mongols, American Natives and Jamaicans/Aztecs are going to pwn those civilized pansies!" (Those are source for Orcs, Tauren and Trolls, if you didn't recognize it).

Do you need reminder how good those fared in a war?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    "Mongols, American Natives and Jamaicans/Aztecs are going to pwn those civilized pansies!" (Those are source for Orcs, Tauren and Trolls, if you didn't recognize it).

Do you need reminder how good those fared in a war?
    The mongol empire stomped pretty much every western civilization it went up against.