Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Lmao the game is man made it is coded by man and you think its 100% random
    a dice is man made as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    I will start using your logic it seems to be only way (since oyu're using it and you think you're right)
    How do you now it doesn't add up to 100% in reasonable timeframe (i never said it's reasonable timeframe, in fact I never put any timeframe, it can be a year, 10 years or damn 50). Strawman much?
    I don't know. It may, it may not. This started with someone claiming Blizzard said he was guaranteed a legendary, which made me reply that guaranteed is too strong a word when we don't know exactly how the system works.

It doesn't have to be within a reasonable timeframe for my point to remain the same, it just made more sense in the context of a wow expansion. A system where the chance of an item not dropping is halved every week would never reach a 100% drop chance yet still be bad luck protection. Once again, guaranteed is the problematic word.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    a dice is man made as well.
    To be fair a dice isn't 100% random because it's not a perfect cube. The different sides needs some sort of representation of the numbers, and as long as that is the case the weight distribution will be ever so slightly off. In addition, the newtonian forces governs how the throw affect the outcome.

Pretty good analogy to random number generators actually. They will always be ever so slightly off, but not in a way people will ever notice.
    Last edited by vlobben; 2016-09-27 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Sooooo much denial. That quote PROVED not claimed, that there was indeed a bug discovered and "fixed".

What we are seeing is that since many people are now farming Mythic +2 dungeons and looting 3 chests... that people are still seeing quite a few peeps receiving consecutive legendaries.

While is COULD be the increase of loot chances that skew the results, it COULD also be that ANOTHER bug is in play, or perhaps the first was not as "fixed" as they thought.

Why are you so willing to dismiss it... instead of expecting Blizzard to look into it further? The only reason I could think of, is if a person has 2,3 or more legendaries due to a bug and is worried that if another bug is found some form of rollback would be implemented.
    I've said much earlier in this thread, that this thread is basically bullshit, because it only leads to people discussing and indirectly insulting each other.

Blizzard didn't start to investigate the problem (we still do not know exactly what was wrong, but thats not the point) by scrolling through 100 forum-pages of shit and whining, but because people made proper reports or asked them if they can look into it.

This thread was from the beginning intended to be a shitpost-fest and "prove" something to the MMOC crowd, not an actual report intended for Blizz.

Also I got my legendary on the 2nd (i think) emmisary chest, but didn't get another one since then (that was like the 3rd day since Launch or so), that's why I still think that maybe, just maybe, some people had luck

10+ Year Old Account
    where's my legendary fish for my Anglers spec?
    really, we have an artifact rod, i want a legendary fish i can equip, maybe a manta ray as a cape? maybe armored mudskippers for boots, something, anything.

where's my classes legendary?

in all seriousness, he got lucky with the bug, and then lucky with rng afterwards, i think the increase / bad luck protection is time based, not drop based.
    week 1 no drop +5% week 2 +10%...week3....so on

who knows how it works? maybe it's a combination eligible drops that could of given a legendary, stacks up per week, say .5% for week1, loot 10 containers, (i know this isn't how drop chances work but) so that ups to you had a 5% chance that week, week 2 starts and you start off at that 5% per container, 10 containers, week3 ups to 50%(doubt it, but who knows what blizz's algorithm is)

chances are, you were expecting the bad luck protection to work a certain way, and it doesn't work that way because blizz didn't want it to be abused

(for the first scenario where it's a static increase, player1 unsubs for a couple months, comes back and insta legendary, blizz wouldn't want that either)

but blizz hasn't said how it works, but i would ASSUME, it has something to do with
    1.was char active / eligible containers looted
    2. increase based off time not having legendary, not containers looted

and who knows what else, sure rng plays a role in looting 30 chests at the end of a 15m dungeon thats rated for 30m or w/e so triple chests guaranteed, but that just increases chances you should of seen a legendary, it may have absolutely nothing to add for your bad luck protection, which after all the OP went through this week he needs XD (i don't have a legendary either #NoLegendaryClub
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Bad luck protection system will make it 100% if you're unluckiest man on the planet and won't drop legendary (reseting the system) untill it reaches 100%, that's the whole idea behind bad luck protection aka. pitty timer. So yeah, it's actually guaranteed, or is it too strong word for 100% over time?
    I don't think that Blizz ever said, that you will get one guaranteed... I see this whole bad luck "protection" as a small multiplier which gets bigger and bigger if you don't get one, but I don't think it will eventually reach 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I don't think that Blizz ever said, that you will get one guaranteed... I see this whole bad luck "protection" as a small multiplier which gets bigger and bigger if you don't get one, but I don't think it will eventually reach 100%.
    It will get bigger and bigger untill when? When it will stop? When you drop legendary? What if you're unluckiest man on the planet, when it will stop then? Do you understand connection guaranteed and final condition have? I will let you figure that one out I believe you can do it by yourself, no hand holding. Remember this: It's a program, do you really believe some software developer said "it will NEVER reach this, I don't have to make if statement for that" and some QA looked at this and said "yeah, seems about right". I know it's blizzard we're talking about but seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I've said much earlier in this thread, that this thread is basically bullshit, because it only leads to people discussing and indirectly insulting each other.

Blizzard didn't start to investigate the problem (we still do not know exactly what was wrong, but thats not the point) by scrolling through 100 forum-pages of shit and whining, but because people made proper reports or asked them if they can look into it.

This thread was from the beginning intended to be a shitpost-fest and "prove" something to the MMOC crowd, not an actual report intended for Blizz.
    Made proper reports, via forums, which Blizzard reads.

Threads about the original confirmed bug would have also been deemed bullshit by most people in this very thread, so onward the denial train goes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Made proper reports, via forums, which Blizzard reads.

Threads about the original confirmed bug would have also been deemed bullshit by most people in this very thread, so onward the denial train goes.
    People like you and Maudib are just as much in denial however. You have zero actual proof that any bug currently exists. You've got screenshots of people getting two legendaries in a row from two separate chests that spawn at the exact same time and couldn't affect each other. Woo. You've got claims from people that aren't substantiated. I know, I know, people on the internet would never lie.

Then you've got Maudib a couple pages back pretty much confirming that you only care about anecdotal evidence when it supports your claim, not the opposite. I've got one legendary, if the bug still existed I should have an abnormally high chance of having a second one. So should my guildie with a legendary. Nope, we've both got one each.

Is there a bug? It's POSSIBLE but you have ZERO real evidence of it. And yet this thread is filled with people claiming that a bug undeniable exists. rofl.

Bad luck protection system will make it 100% if you're unluckiest man on the planet and won't drop legendary (reseting the system) untill it reaches 100%, that's the whole idea behind bad luck protection aka. pitty timer. So yeah, it's actually guaranteed, or is it too strong word for 100% over time?
    Where is the source for that? I've never seen Blizzard say it will ever reach 100%, but maybe I missed it. Getting a better chance over time, doesn't necessarily mean it reaches 100%. It could very well be that the max chance is 50%, which is still bad luck protection, but not guaranteed drop.

I got my first legendary last Friday, I think, from a +3 mythic chest. Was seriously shocked, as I was convinced that legendary drops were completely broken still. I'm just happy that, even if drops are still broken, I'm not on the legendary gravy train, as it appears that if you've had at least one legendary drop, more just rain from the sky for you.

Everything still seems messed up with legendaries. I'm just feeling lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyaelan View Post
    I got my first legendary last Friday, I think, from a +3 mythic chest. Was seriously shocked, as I was convinced that legendary drops were completely broken still. I'm just happy that, even if drops are still broken, I'm not on the legendary gravy train, as it appears that if you've had at least one legendary drop, more just rain from the sky for you.

Everything still seems messed up with legendaries. I'm just feeling lucky.
    haha, so true. gratz on your item ^^
    Let's hope the droprate now work as intended

If you happen to find another 4 legendary's within a week, be sure to post back here lol
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

And yet another person, this on in EU. 3 in 2 days... two BACK TO BACK:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte.../Acuriele/feed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's still RNG. Just like a mount drop from a boss is still RNG; there is a chance it will drop, it's possible it never will. It's possible it might drop multiple times in a row. Even if there are bonus rolls or bad-luck protection, in the end the roll itself IS randomized.
    I give up. "yes, it's manipulated and biased via code, but it's still random!!!!" It's like words don't have actual meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I give up. "yes, it's manipulated and biased via code, but it's still random!!!!" It's like words don't have actual meanings.
    Can't admit you made a mistake, man. Gotta keep justifying why you're totally correct in just dismissing this with "RNG is RNG" and "you just whining for legs".

It feels like the same dismissals as the last time, like we learnt nothing about overreacting and jumping to early conclusions.

That is not to say that I personally wouldn't mind a legendary, so I kind of hope this system was still bugged and is now at the point where they have to virtually hand out one free legendary to everyone to keep it even.

But even if I think like that, doesn't mean the problem (if it still exists) can just be ignored because some people just want their legendaries. That is not the issue at hand. The problem being brought up is *not* the initial drop chance that would lead to me getting a legendary. It's about subsequent drop chances being skewed. That doesn't affect me - the supposed legendary whiner - at all. I won't get more or faster legendaries if they fix this. It means, if they fix that, I won't be as far behind if it takes months for me to get my first legendaries. That would suck, but yeah RNG is RNG. No problem there. It just doesn't matter for this topic.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I lack the ego to think a company like Blizzard is sabotaging my personal drop rates on legendary gear.

There's a very nice topic in the elite section of a site that I won't name concerning legendary "RNG". The only fair solution at this point would be to revoke all legendaries acquired thus far and re-enable them once the RNG issues get sorted.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2016-09-27 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I lack the ego to think a company like Blizzard is sabotaging my personal drop rates on legendary gear.
    Where do you even get that idea?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

To clarify on my last post our dh tank got his 3rd after the"fix". And still the only one in the guild
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Too bad you also lack the ability to even comprehend what the topic is about.

There was a bug with Legendaries dropping at an increased rate after you obtained your first, Blizzard said it was fixed; it's very obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I was on board with it not being RNG last time. Unlike last time, I do not see mass reports of it being basically more common to have two or more than to have just one, just a few reports from disgruntled players upset because they still don't have a legendary. Sure, it could be another bug, but unlike last time, the evidence is not in favor of that being the case.
    Man that sounds like someone got their first legendary and are now wanting to benefit from the bug.

It's cool guy, I don't blame ya.