Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    TBC=WoTlK >>>>>>>>>Legion (so far)>Cata (don't tell me about DS, everything else was ok)= MoP >>WoD

facts: WoD is the only expansion that got me so uninterested that i played...6 months...and not full time, mostly because i didn't have something else to do...

In MoP i had a good time because of most of my RL friends playing (40ppl) so we've done things, from arena/rated BGs to HC SoO (pre-nerf). The whole game was meh... but because of company it's my second best era.

Cata was ok, then i got in the army (literally missing 1year of DS.And again i wouldn't care, as i know me, i'd invest to alts and i would be ok).

WotLK had a shitty start imho, but then we had the best PvP seasons in terms of balance s7/8. Also raided everything up to 10man LK.Didn't killed LK, doesn't matter...i had a good time with friends and both guilds i played (the 1st one disolved due to transfers, the second one was more casual...still we got 2 10mans LK till LK).

TBC i had my best time, Full PvP... not as balanced as s7/8 but s3/4 send best to them. I was way in to the game... and high ratings and stuff. Didn't raid much, i started BT to Sunwell...didn't care too much about that also, but RL friends got me to raid. It was fun doing stuff with friends...!!! Only good memories from TBC...

Legion... all good and stuff, i like the game very much... i like the thing that my main is main (i can't play alts that much, but i've got things to do with main so everything is ok... quality over quantity -?- ). One big problem that just destroys the whole experience for me ...RNG .
    I can't stand RNG in gearing. I believe if i quit Legion relatively early (not closed season/waiting next raid break... quit like i did with WoD, never touch it until end) that will be bacause of RNG gearing.
    And i don't mind Rng drops etc. they were always existed, but at lest you could fill some slots that you were unlucky with drops... now, i need 1 damn ring with my favourable stats and it never drops...like never never...but i have like 5 cloaks with similar stats in the same ilvl
    So i already started login less and less...like do mandatory stuff (AP quests and 1 dung/1bg/1 2v2/3v3/rated bg and alt-f4, when i have raiding i raid and maybe 1 mdung per day).
    You know, seeing everyone else droping 860 and 870 gear WITH their stats in HC dungs, while the best thing that gives you is Blood of Sargeras or in the luckiest moment extra AP - i don't whine when it is AP- ...yy starts feeling boring... way too much boring...
    Also when i finaly get a drop it would be vers-mastery for shadowpriest..which means chaos crystal>enchanting>gold.

BC > Vanilla > WotLK > Legion > MoP > Cata > WoD

Enjoyed everything but WoD really. To me I can see Legion going ahead of WotLK or falling below MoP depending on how the rest of the expansion is handled.

TBC>WLK>Vanilla>Legion>WoD>MoP>Cata.

I definitely feel strongest about Vanilla, it was fucking amazing!
    But let's be honest, the game was a fucking mess, and would be rated shit by today's standards.
    Legion looks promising, other than Blizzard looking like fucking retards when it comes to class/spec balancing/tuning. This is a BIG blemish.
    I mean, come on, what was the Beta even for?

TBC-Vanilla-Legion (potentially)-Wrath-MOP-Cata-WOD

MoP = Legion > Wrath > WoD > Cata. Yes, I had more fun in WoD than Cata, it was an awesome expansion for me as an alt-oholic raider who loves raking in gold. I didn't raid in Cata until DS but if I had, it would probs have rated higher than WoD in my book.

Legion has the potential of surpassing MoP, but future patches will be a dealbreaker, as well as catch-up mechanics for alts. I am put off leveling alts with professions because of how much I've had to do to progress professions on my main... such as having certain profession quests locked behind Nightfallen rep Mythic dungeons...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-27 at 01:29 PM.

WOTLK>CATA>TBC>Vanilla>MOP>WOD

Formed my guild in WOTLK, kept it going in CATA. Good times, mostly.
    TBC was my introduction to raiding and getting to BT/Illidan felt awesome.
    Vanilla, I was new, the exploration felt great.
    WOD is only last because it was an expansion where I was pretty much playing alone, otherwise I think it was as good as MOP until they abandoned it. Was alone in MOP too, but it feels like I was more active than in WOD.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > WoTLK > Draenor > BC > vanilla

Always thought TBC was highly overrated (leveling through TBC zones gives me cancer) while Cata is highly underrated
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-09-27 at 01:45 PM.

I'll list them from favorite to least favorite, plus scoring from 1 being the worst, 10 being the best.

1. Wrath. Score = 10
    2. TBC. Score = 9
    3. Legion. Score = 8
    4. Mop. Score = 7
    5. Cata. Score = 3
    6. Wod. Score =1

TBC>Vanilla~Wotlk>Cata/Mop

didn't play the other, waiting for Legacy

Mop= woltk> cata=bc> wod .

For legion we have to see the future content patches.

I rate woltk as second just couse the first tier was absolute recycled garbage. The only problem with mop was the absence of some "big bad boss", evrything else was just really good (and mop's haters are just people who dislike chinese theme or pandas).

Bc is faaaar better then wod but i just hate every single pixel of outlands, i really don't like that exp.

As it stands.

Wrath, Legion, MOP, Cata, WOD, TBC.

Legion has a chance to be better then wrath for me, got to wait and see how it ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    I rate woltk as second just couse the first tier was absolute recycled garbage.
    I know its opinions and your welcome to yours.

But the first tier was only recycled garbage to the 0.0001% of the playerbase who got to do it in Classic. Was you apart of that 0.0001% who did it?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

MoP > Legion > Cata > WoD > Wrath > BC > Vanilla.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Legion > Cata > MoP > Wrath > WoD > TBC > Vanilla

I'm primarily a raiding player, and so far EN has been great. From the bosses I tested in beta, Nighthold was also really good as well. I enjoy the world questing and the fact that I'm hardly ever in my class hall, but more often than not out in the world interacting with things instead of just sitting in a solitary location. I have to go out and farm my mats, go out and farm my AP, and the Mythic+ system is absolutely wonderful.

Cata had great raiding outside of DS and a LOT of new things or polished things from previous expansions (better phasing, transmog, bringing you back to the old continents) as well as the first questing area that really progressed with you, which MoP did slightly better on the Isle of Thunder and everyone seems to attribute this greatness to MoP when it was really begun in Cata with the Molten Front first.

MoP had decent raids (Throne of Thunder was probably the best) and some okay questing, but it really didn't feel all that coherent other than KILL THE SHA because it was us helping the Pandaren natives with problems they could have solved themselves judging by their lore. Timeless Isle was okay, but the rampant ganking squads made it boring other than grabbing a few upgrades for alts before WoD launched.

Wrath was all right. The questing was solid, but I wasn't nearly as impressed as some other people seem to be with the raids. Having done a couple fights in Vanilla Naxx, I was thoroughly disappointed by their terrible rehashing of the place. Realistically, it launched with a recycled raid and then 3 bosses of its own in Sartharion, Malygos, and Archavon. Wintergrasp was a plus though, it was fun and the vehicle based combat was new and exciting at the time. Ulduar was meh (yes, I said it) and introduced multiple difficulty raids as a standard (before that it was things like kill in certain order or 3D Sarth) and really didn't make much sense from a lore standpoint; I've said it before in another thread, but I think Wrath's raid content would have made more sense if ICC had come before Ulduar instead of after; kill the Lich King to find he was being empowered by an old god that he basically built his castle on top of. Argent Tournament would have made sense as filler then too, the heroes of Northrend fighting it out in a tournament after a victorious campaign where the last boss isn't Anub'arak but instead a general of Yogg'Saron.

WoD gets a terrible rap for the garrison, but other than that it really wasn't an awful expansion. The dungeons were fun, the questing was excellent, and the raids were decent (although having some lore explained in Mythic Highmaul only was a bad choice I think) while the treasures thing was definitely improved from the MoP version. It wasn't super amazing, but it wasn't the worst thing I've seen.

TBC is low on the list because in reality, it wasn't all that great. It introduced a lot of things that are staples to the game now like heroic dungeons and easy access epics (badge vendors, especially after Sunwell released) but failed to improve upon a lot of things from Vanilla that resulted in tons and tons of bugs. While the game was still fairly new and that can be forgiven, poor content pacing was the name of the game in TBC. They gated raids behind lengthy attunement chains that required you to run some of the more unforgiving heroic dungeons of the time (Shadow Labyrinth specifically) and then removed them later with little to no rewards for players that actually did them. The content was pushed out far too quickly overall, which ended up in a content drought while Sunwell Plateau was added in later because Black Temple was cleared far too quickly and released too early as well. The expansion overall just wasn't that big of an improvement upon vanilla WoW; it was still buggy, balance was awful, and the content pacing was bad.

Vanilla WoW sits at the bottom. Why? Because it just wasn't really that great. Tiny little things that people take for granted now were actually a pain in the ass back then. Want to get a mage table? Too bad, they make water 4 at a time and have to show up 30 minutes early to give everyone some. Wanted health back and not mana? Different food. Wanted a summon from a warlock? Better hope they spent hours farming shards before the raid to get everyone there. Wanted to play a spec like Retribution, Balance, or Shadow? Too bad, they aren't viable in any way. Want to mount up after getting your mana back? Guess what, you have to actually stand up or jump on your character because you couldn't mount from a sitting position. Wanted to change weapons? Happily spend hours beating on things because you switching from a sword to a dagger (Still just sticking the pointy end into things but required completely different skills) and you'd be a laughingstock if you were mace specced for anything but PvP. PvP was a grindfest that required account sharing and insane amounts of time to get to anything past Rank 10 or so and also required your server to organize how much honor each of the highest players got a week to try and arrange who got Rank 14 at what time. The list goes on and on...
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2016-09-27 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    My favorite part was when MoP was actually live it was slated and criticized SO much, now it's top 1-2 on the majority of the lists

For me it's Vanilla>Legion>TBC=WOTLK>Panda>Cata>WOD

I really can't make up my mind between TBC and WOTLK as I have fond memories of both xpacks and literally don't have anything bad to say about either of them.. WOD is in last place as its the only expansion that I've actually thrown the towel in for completely while waiting for the next expansion to release.

Vanilla tops it for me though as I don't think I'll ever be able to relive the magic of it. Vanilla was biggest grindfest out of any expansion and I had no job/responsibilities to deal with so naturally it was a gamers wet dream It easily had the most RPG elements which have been removed from the game today, such as grinding out weapon skills. The grind for High Warlord was one of the most intensive gaming moments of my life, literal 16+ hour days 7 days a week for 5 weeks on end. Balance was thrown out the window and completely revamped time and time again, there was always exciting news coming out in the patch notes as a result All in all it was a magic, annoying af time which I would live again if I could!
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-09-27 at 02:17 PM.

Best --- WotLK, MoP, Legion, WoD, Cata, TBC --- Worst

Deleted
    Vanilla was... too random to expect something till BWL. so no comment
    TBC was super predictable - you could plan exactly what you would do and what you want.
    WotlK was too easy at start - be it crafted items or naxx, t7 was easy bis gear for every single class alt you had.
    Cata was hard to begin with, dungeons were anooying due their 5man requirement and low rewards. Raids were hard - no random apeshit with alt number 8 allowed. Hit me hard after all these easy expansions. They ended this with t13, everything got easy and accesable again - no reason why no class alt would not clear hc content.
    MoP was daily quest shit, weak justice and valor shit. No rewards - just raid and bonusroll. Do LFR do compensate.
    WoD uhhhh APEXIS no just raid normal, heroic and mythic with every single class alt... ah not it was too boring due to legendary ring reqs. rekt.
    Legion is currently UHHH CELESTION MY OFF SPEC DOES 30% MORE DAMAGE THAN MY MAIN HELP ME RESPEC MY FRAKKIN ARTIFACT WEAPON OR BALANCE YOUR GAME

TBC = WotLK > Legion > MoP > Cata > WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Vanilla was... too random to expect something till BWL. so no comment
    TBC was super predictable - you could plan exactly what you would do and what you want.
    WotlK was too easy at start - be it crafted items or naxx, t7 was easy bis gear for every single class alt you had.
    Cata was hard to begin with, dungeons were anooying due their 5man requirement and low rewards. Raids were hard - no random apeshit with alt number 8 allowed. Hit me hard after all these easy expansions. They ended this with t13, everything got easy and accesable again - no reason why no class alt would not clear hc content.
    MoP was daily quest shit, weak justice and valor shit. No rewards - just raid and bonusroll. Do LFR do compensate.
    WoD uhhhh APEXIS no just raid normal, heroic and mythic with every single class alt... ah not it was too boring due to legendary ring reqs. rekt.
    Legion is currently UHHH CELESTION MY OFF SPEC DOES 30% MORE DAMAGE THAN MY MAIN HELP ME RESPEC MY FRAKKIN ARTIFACT WEAPON OR BALANCE YOUR GAME
    So you don't like WoW? Why do you bother playing it? Also what does too random mean when you're talking about Vanilla?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    So you don't like WoW? Why do you bother playing it? Also what does too random mean when you're talking about Vanilla?
    Wtf are you talking about? Can you not put thoughts in someone else' post at all? Do you need me to spell every single detail out?

Vanilla-Wotlk-Legion-tbc-Cata-Mop-Wod
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©