Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuffs View Post
    is there a source for the bolded?
    originally nightmare and nighthold was supposed to be the first raid tier, similar to how hihgmaul and BRF were, with nighthold releasing when enough people had progressed in nightmare. this is why there is no tier set in nightmare. you can probably go back to some blizzcon to verify that.

But they it was decided that nighthold wouldn't release for half a year after nightmare, which is about how long a raid tier ussualy lasts. because 7 bosses weren't gonna entertain people for 6 months, and to keep up with their no content draught claims, they said they would do a miniraid in between, which was revealed to by trials of valor around the time they announced 7.1.

While there ofcourse is no hard source on it, little facts hint at it being a decision taken very late in the process, things like no tier set in nightmare, and most of all trials of valor not being in the dungeon journal while nighthold is.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    originally nightmare and nighthold was supposed to be the first raid tier, similar to how hihgmaul and BRF were, with nighthold releasing when enough people had progressed in nightmare. this is why there is no tier set in nightmare. you can probably go back to some blizzcon to verify that.

But they it was decided that nighthold wouldn't release for half a year after nightmare, which is about how long a raid tier ussualy lasts. because 7 bosses weren't gonna entertain people for 6 months, and to keep up with their no content draught claims, they said they would do a miniraid in between, which was revealed to by trials of valor around the time they announced 7.1.

While there ofcourse is no hard source on it, little facts hint at it being a decision taken very late in the process, things like no tier set in nightmare, and most of all trials of valor not being in the dungeon journal while nighthold is.
    Trial of Valor was added in to complete the Stormheim story, but that doesn't mean Nighthold was delayed. It is exactly like BRF and Highmaul. They are in the same tier and I believe there is a blue post confirming as much.

Blizzard said BRF came out too quickly and wants to fix content droughts so they are trying to pace things smarter this time and not like..."Here is a raid!" and then "Here is another, larger one in the same tier 8 weeks later! Hope you finished that last one!". And then they release the next one way to early too. They have done this the past few xpacs in both MoP with ToT and WoD with BRF and HFC (to an extent) and it really is annoying as a raider and I for one am happy with this approach.

EN, ToV and NH are all a single tier

whatever comes after NH will be the second Legion tier

originally nightmare and nighthold was supposed to be the first raid tier, similar to how hihgmaul and BRF were
    it is exactly like that now, despite NH only releasing in early 2017

things like no tier set in nightmare
    it was planned like that from the beginning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleheart View Post
    Trial of Valor was added in to complete the Stormheim story, but that doesn't mean Nighthold was delayed. It is exactly like BRF and Highmaul. They are in the same tier and I believe there is a blue post confirming as much.

Blizzard said BRF came out too quickly and wants to fix content droughts so they are trying to pace things smarter this time and not like..."Here is a raid!" and then "Here is another, larger one in the same tier 8 weeks later! Hope you finished that last one!". And then they release the next one way to early too. They have done this the past few xpacs in both MoP with ToT and WoD with BRF and HFC (to an extent) and it really is annoying as a raider and I for one am happy with this approach.
    Yes, BRF came out to soon, but if highmaul lasted 6 months, would you really think that would have been better? The sweet spot for the second raid is more around the 3 month mark.

(also honestly, are you really saying you are okay with a tier lasting 12+ months immediately after a 14 month tier? and are you honestly saying that if the first tier alone is gonna last a year, with 3 tiers in the expansion, you are okay with legion lasting well over 2, and potentially well over 3 years?)

last i checked, EN and nighthold are still the same tier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    EN, ToV and NH are all a single tier

whatever comes after NH will be the second Legion tier

it is exactly like that now, despite NH only releasing in early 2017

it was planned like that from the beginning
    NH is not releasing early 2017. that would be too soon after trial of valor. unless by early you mean march orso.

september: tier 1 nightmare
    +3 months: 7.1 tier 1 trials of valor around the holidays. (holiday release is also business smart)
    +3 months: 7.2 tier 2 nighthold
    +3-4 moths: 7.3 no raid content
    +3-4 months: 7.4 tier 3 tomb of sargaras
    +10-12 months: 8.0
    total: 22-26 months

possibly they add another mini raid in 7.5 to keep their no content draught claims 6-8 months after 7.4.

as opposed to:

september: tier 1 nightmare
    +3 months: tier 1 nighthold
    +6 months: tier 2 tomb of sargeras
    +6-8 months: unannounced tier 3
    +10-12 months: 8.0
    total: 25-29 months
    (with 1 or 2 non raid patches in between aswell)
    (add 3 months to this if you add trial of valor, for a whopping potential 32 month expansion)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-27 at 02:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    Just my two cents here, but wouldn't "her heart is a crater" be more towards Jaina? As in Theramore? How much of her hatred at the moment is influenced by Old Gods?

I absolutely see it in the literal sense of Azeroth though as well.
    I see this a lot but I have to shoot it down, its just so out of the blue. Theramore wasn't even last xpac, it was 2 xpacs ago. I don't think her heart is a crater, more like her brain is volcano, with anger. Sure, shes really sad about Arthas going bad, but, she has gotten over him at this point. That was FOUR expansions ago. Yes, Jaina is still around, but she keeps getting thrown into the limelight.

When people reference her I keep seeing the claim that her heart is a crater too, but is it? I don't see why her "heart" is.

Also, to counter the Theramore literal crater, why isn't this in reference to Dalaran and its crater, or Un'goro being a cater. Just because theres a female charater and a crater involved, doesn't make me think she is the target of this quote. I really think it has more to do with Azeroth's core being metaphorically craterd and filled with Old God corruption.

@ Him of Many Faces you are making all of that up

NH was confirmed to be part of the first tier by Blizzard
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-09-27 at 02:52 PM.

Yes, BRF came out to soon, but if highmaul lasted 6 months, would you really think that would have been better? The sweet spot for the second raid is more around the 3 month mark.

(also honestly, are you really saying you are okay with a tier lasting 12+ months immediately after a 14 month tier? and are you honestly saying that if the first tier alone is gonna last a year, with 3 tiers in the expansion, you are okay with legion lasting well over 2, and potentially well over 3 years?)
    Considering hardly anyone finished Highmaul Mythic before BRF, I would say it was released way too soon. I am not saying to wait and do like SoO or something, but another month would have been perfect for Highmaul and it seems like they agree with that and it shows in how they plan to release Nighthold in early 2017 in the same tier as Nightmare. What they really need to not do is make Nightmare gear so invalidated by Trial of Valor/Nighthold that is is forgotten like Highmaul was when BRF came out, but I doubt that will happen.

And I didn't want a 12 month tier, but something like Highmaul and maybe BRF lasting 1 more month each would have been a perfect pace and then that would be 2 months less of HFC which overstayed its welcome as much as SoO. Again this is just all my opinion, and most of my guilds, regarding the pace of how content should feel at the level of play we are at.

And I would not be surprised if Legion lasted the 2 year mark easily as they said they are no longer under the gun to do yearly xpacs, they want to focus more on the current xpac then the next one, and they want 3 raid tiers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    It's funny because you are so sure you are right. The fact is you are %100 wrong.

There are 5 old gods that players know about/have encountered in someway. The 4 Old Gods on Azeroth and a fifth one that being summoned by the Arakkoa in Shadowmoon valley on Outland.

There being only 4 Old Gods is "headcanon".
    Ummmmm If the fifth one is on a different planet altogether then its not the one we are referring to?? ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

So uhh, I have heard this boss called a bunch of different names, with the most ridiculous being .... imploded [lady parts].

Il'Gynoth ....... Il' GYNO th

confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Ummmmm If the fifth one is on a different planet altogether then its not the one we are referring to?? ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

So uhh, I have heard this boss called a bunch of different names, with the most ridiculous being .... imploded [lady parts].

Il'Gynoth ....... Il' GYNO th

confirmed
    I doubt "gyno" means the same thing in Shath'yar that it does in Latin. I'd assume it means or transliterates to "The Heart of Corruption," which is what Il'gynoth actually is.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    @ Him of Many Faces you are making all of that up

NH was confirmed to be part of the first tier by Blizzard
    around the time they said that they also said there would only be 2 raid tiers, and that they were maaaybe thinking about 3.

then after testing the waters they went to 3 raid tiers.
    then nighthold got pushed to early 2017 instead of staggered after nightmare.
    then we started hearing about trials of valor for the first time.

i mean if we get a currently unannounced raid after tomb of sargeras, i would be super happy, but i'm not getting my hopes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    around the time they said that they also said there would only be 2 raid tiers, and that they were maaaybe thinking about 3.

then after testing the waters they went to 3 raid tiers.
    then nighthold got pushed to early 2017 instead of staggered after nightmare.
    then we started hearing about trials of valor for the first time.

i mean if we get a currently unannounced raid after tomb of sargeras, i would be super happy, but i'm not getting my hopes up.
    We already are, Blizzard posted awhile ago Tomb of Sargeras will be a raid in the future. Also, keep in mind Night hold is still part of the launch tier, we just won't get it until 7.1.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We already are, Blizzard posted awhile ago Tomb of Sargeras will be a raid in the future. Also, keep in mind Night hold is still part of the launch tier, we just won't get it until 7.1.
    yes, but is there a raid tier after tomb of sargeras, or is that the last one this expansion?

blizz has said 3 raid tiers, so it could be. but i say instead they cut tier 1 in half, add a mini raid to tier 1 so it's not to short, make nighthold tier 2, tomb tier 3. and call it a day.

nobody has answered yet why trials of valor isn't in the dungeon journal, while the later raid nighthold is, if it's all going according to plan.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-27 at 03:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt "gyno" means the same thing in Shath'yar that it does in Latin. I'd assume it means or transliterates to "The Heart of Corruption," which is what Il'gynoth actually is.
    gynecology is the medical stuff dealing with lady parts, so its funny that a monster with "gyno" in its name, also looks like lady parts