Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Artifact knowledge should be account level.
    Reputations should have an account-wide 100% boost.
    Artifact power should be character-wide.
    There should be some token price for artifact respecs.

Alts are kinda rough right now on this but we are at what a month or so in on the expansion? As alts research falls further and further behind the curve it ramps up in speed. I would doubt if near the end of the expansion you are leveling characters still that have 3 or so researches done while you are still doing zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I would doubt if near the end of the expansion you are leveling characters still that have 3 or so researches done while you are still doing zones.
    You need to be level 110 to start the research.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You need to be level 110 to start the research.
    True. I guess it will be a week after you hit 110 you will be 3-4 researches deep which is where people are now. Then the next week 3-4 deeper. Shame to be wrong but still feel so right.

Ok, I agree to these stipulations, No Ancient Knowledge boosts at all. None. All rares and treasures only count 1 time per account. Daily dungeon/raid items can only be collected once per their lockout.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Multiple reasons:
    Already earned it.
    Repeated stuff is NEVER fun, thats why we already have a lot of account-wide stuff already. (Achievements/Mounts/Mogs)
    It takes a lot of time, and holds you back a lot.
    It's character power, and that makes it more important than mounts/cosmetics.
    It's not like you wont be earning it, you'll still be earning it account wide.
    It's not a fun thing to look after. It's a waiting research order. It's not like you do Dungeon in hopes of getting it.
    Except artifact power already doesn't apply to all 3 or 4 artifacts you own on one character. Why would it transfer over to Alts? If you want to play other characters then *play* them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Not really. It takes like 30 seconds to log in and request a new order then right click on the one in your bag.
    yah let me know when u log in all 12 or more characters to do this same bullshit everyday. Silly as fuck seriously.
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2016-09-27 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Situation is critical now. We are trapped into class, into spec. We need freedom and ability to play alts or offspecs on same competitive lvl. I don't want be in same like WoD legendary ring situation where Mythic was no place to play on alts. I want diversity and more fun form free choices.
    Amount of job to have high lvl artifact is simply gigantic. I can do that, but no way I will repeat this on alts and offspec. All "catching up" mechanics are simply too weak.
    I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.
    Mythic raider, by any chance?

Legion is amazing precisely because everything has meaning again. Yes, its a ballache for hardcore raiders who want to swap toons, but frankly its worth their discomfort to have the rest of game this good again.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Problem with "shared" reputation is that alts could evade time gating. Let's say i could farm 2500 nightfallen rep a day. Playing ten alts i could max it out in one and a half days, something that would have taken me 2 weeks otherwise. That's why there'll never be account wide rep.
    I think you misunderstood me. I don't me "shared" as it completely shared. I mean for instance if you are 3000/6000 Friendly on your main then on your alt you should be able to do all the quests that are allowed up to 3000/6000. Then let's say your alt is at 0/6000 and you grind it up to exalted before touching your alt again. Then your alt should be able to play through all the quests available in the zone and open up any portals/ley feeds despite your rep not being up high enough. This way you still play the time gate game on your main, but on your alt you won't have to deal with the 2-3 month time gate and just grind it up and stop where ever it ends.

I like the idea of if a "main" opens up Suramar it should open for the alts.

That being said, I'm loving the agony of choosing a main again. Feels a bit more RPG for me.

But I'm one of those "lorenerds" (I like how that's become derogatory).

I'm happy with AK being per character atm. The catchup is fine. What I'm really starting to dislike is doing my daily AP farm and barely notice anything in my AP XP bar move. Doesn't feel good at all, even if I know it's suppose to be a grind.

I would stop short of making Artifact Power account-wide, as others have stated. But I agree that right now it feels very annoying to have to keep that time-gated cycle going across multiple characters.

Deleted
    I think it's fine that you aren't able to freely switch between characters all the time, but rather have to make a decision to some degree, and commit to it.
    Also, leveling offspec artifacts gets significantly easier with increasing AK levels.

I think AK should be account wide not weapon level and power.

Yes I know, and I probably do it. Nice Atlas expansion in PoE, new Swedish tanks soon in WoT.
    Sometimes I think that artifact weapon design is pure sabotage designed to make WoW loose players fast.
    Sometimes I think the community is comprised of people who actually want to enjoy the game.
    We all make mistakes!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Nothing should be account wide. You want to start over, it's done from square 1.

I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.
    Was this not a problem in the past? You still had to grind gear for alts for them to be viable. Just as you have to grind AP now for alts for them to be viable.

Deleted
    No thanks.

All form of power character progression should be character specific, ie everything that in some way makes your characters stronger should require you to acquire that strength on that specific character.

Mounts, pets, toys, sure make those account wide, but not character progression.

I wouldn't mind a % of AP you use in your MS weapon going into your other artifact weapons. Would make picking the wrong spec for raiding/dungeons less of a hassle to swap, especially if they buff/nerf specs.

Don't know if this has been said already, but I think a happy medium between how it is now and what the OP is suggesting would be to make it that once you fully research all the AK on your main the research would be faster on alts, like 2 days instead of 4.

To be perfectly honest I don't like artifact knowledge to begin with. IMO, the trait points we acquire from AP should be shared between all your specs. Right now it's kinda like when we had 41(?) talent points but would have had to re-level your character, in a sense, for the talent points for an off spec. It's kind of crazy. Also, sorry if that was a bit off topic.