Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's surprising to me that so many people can even grade it like that. It seems silly. Some of this stuff is so incredibly long ago. And it's not that one-sided anyway. There's been good and bad stuff in the game at any given moment, it seems so arbitrary to me to rate it by expansion.

Wrath > Legion = MoP > TBC = Vanilla > Cata > WoD

Deleted
    BC > MoP > WoTLK > Legion = Cata > WoD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So many opinions that place legion so far below the ranking, it should be like this!
    Vanilla,
    Legion/TBC/Wrath,
    MoP,
    Cata/Wod

why on earth should it be like that?

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla is NOT an expansion so I am not sure why anyone is including it in their list. It is not fair to compare vanilla to an expansion since the game was in its infancy.
    With that being said I prefer the "soul" of the game during vanilla than any other time except for maybe TBC. Vanilla was all about the journey. I do miss the grind.

1. TBC
    2. Legion
    3. WotLK
    4. Cata
    5. WoD
    6. MoP LOL made for children and cheeseballs expansion that STILL pisses me off everytime I think about it.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    1. TBC
    2. Legion
    3. WotLK
    4. Cata
    5. WoD
    6. MoP LOL made for children and cheeseballs expansion that STILL pisses me off everytime I think about it.
    ^this! Even tho, I'd change WotLK and Legion. But Legion is still young. It has potential to become better than WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    why on earth should it be like that?
    First tell me how you would place it before we start judging
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

BC > Legion > Mop > Cata > Wotlk > Wod

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Vanilla is NOT an expansion so I am not sure why anyone is including it in their list. It is not fair to compare vanilla to an expansion since the game was in its infancy.
    With that being said I prefer the "soul" of the game during vanilla than any other time except for maybe TBC. Vanilla was all about the journey. I do miss the grind.

1. TBC
    2. Legion
    3. WotLK
    4. Cata
    5. WoD
    6. MoP LOL made for children and cheeseballs expansion that STILL pisses me off everytime I think about i.
    And that is why your opinion doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    WoTLK => Legion => TBC => MoP => Vanilla => Cata => Yo momma => WoD

TBC was pretty awesome, but I do not miss the 1 hour searching for a heroic group that falls apart after the first trash pack. LFG ftw! If it had such tool it might score more then Legion, but they really did an awesome job getting the stuff back I missed. However, its still pretty early, let's hope they can keep it like this!

So many people listing Original World of Warcraft (i.e., "Vanilla"--even though it was anything but vanilla) as their favorite expansion, but I'm not sure why. Original WoW was not an expansion.

My favorite expansion was TBC. I'll gladly play on an Original WoW or TBC Legacy Server if they ever get to that.

I didn't care for much after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    First tell me how you would place it before we start judging
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Mop=legion >wrath > cata > wod
    didnt include vanilla nor bc because i didnt play them back then, and my "experience" for both is based on private servers (dont judge, just wanted to try it out)
    both would end up on par with cata tho

i dont get how that is actually relevant, you said "it should be like its in MY list", the "which expac is the best/worst" topic is heavily opinion based saying "it should be like i said, else its wrong" is simply wrong.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-27 at 03:35 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Just seemed like everything you said was really negative, sorry. Just wanted to decrypt the "too random to expect something till BWL. so no comment", not sure if it got lost in translation if English wasn't your first language. Did you mean it was too hard to get loot until BWL was released running through MC and UBRS etc or?

Didn't mean to be offensive man was just genuinely interested
    UBRS? Do you point at the rare trinket there? MC? You point at the trinkets there? I am really not sure you actually ever played at endgame level...

1. Wrath - because this is where I started my WoW adventure for real, content was great and I don't think there was any part of it which I disliked too much.
    2. MoP - I loved MoP, but SoO took away some of that enjoyment, so I'm placing it second.
    3. Legion - so far Legion's been great, but it's hard to evaluate an expansion after a month since release, so the future will tell if this rank is too high or too low.
    4. Cata - I had some very good times in Cata, but so many long months of DS took their toll on me. Not to mention that it had the potential to be the most epic raid to date back then and Blizzard didn't even release a voiced trailer for it. Nuff said.
    5. WoD - The first expansion where I lost interest in the game (shortly after the release of BRF) and left for almost a year, mainly because I was no longer raiding and there was not much else that I felt like doing outside of that. I also got pissed off at Blizzard's attitude towards its playerbase during this expansion. The levelling experience felt really awesome to me, the zones were beautiful, but it's still not enough to warrant a higher rank.

I cannot rank BC and Vanilla, because I started playing just a few months before the release of Wrath, so I have no real experience when it comes to those two, which is why I'm not ranking them

15+ Year Old Account
    And that is why your opinion doesn't matter.
    Gimlix I couldn't give a rats ass about what you think about my opinion.

My opinion is just that. DEAL WITH IT kid.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

This thread is totally new and fresh. I think we have it at least twice a week.

Btw who cares about other people's ranking?

I'm going off purely from how much fun I had with these, not by quality.

BC -> Vanilla -> Wrath -> Mop -> Cata -> WoD

Deleted
    TBC - WOTLK - MoP - Legion - Vanilla - Cata - WoD

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    My favorite part was when MoP was actually live it was slated and criticized SO much, now it's top 1-2 on the majority of the lists
    Since mid pandaria expansion, pandaren became and have remained the least played race in WoW, every year and every month holding that title.

The only people who praise pandaria are the same people who form the vocal minority gangster conglomerates on major forums and who would tell everyone that "BUT PANDAREN ARE THE MOST ASKED FOR RACE SINCE WARCRAFT 1, THEY HAVE SUCH A MAJOR IMPACT IN WARCRAFT LORE NGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH". Yeah.

The same people who take fully rational lists criticizing that expansion, ignore every. single. argument, and say some shit like "yeah people just hate it cause pandas". If an official poll was made, asking both player who've left and remaining, trust me, the "majority lists" would be much, much different. Didn't it manage to lose like half the player base all throughout its existence, even before the content drought hit?

Wrath > MoP = BC > Cata > WoD

I wouldn't really call it my best to worst, though; for me it's more favorite to least favorite.
    (Didn't list Legion because it's not done yet)
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-09-27 at 03:47 PM.