Newest sims and barrage nerf

See a lot people actually taking sims seriously. I never really have because they assume so much. Patchwerk fight no movement perfect players t19 etc. mm being at the bottom however worries me as it's the only hunter spec I really enjoy now. Never been big on bm. So if mm is in that sad of a state I may do ret paladin. 20% hit to barrage seems a bit high but whatever. Is volley more worth using now or is barrage still best?

Deleted
    The hunter community was sleeping on the barrage nerf. Now, when you look at what happened with Shadow, what we should've done is whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and whine some more.

What would've happened is they would've reverted the barrage nerf, and in return buff aimed shot's damage.

The newest sims are off. Barrage was buffed instead of nerfed in the sims. We should have a fix out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    The hunter community was sleeping on the barrage nerf. Now, when you look at what happened with Shadow, what we should've done is whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and whine some more.

What would've happened is they would've reverted the barrage nerf, and in return buff aimed shot's damage.
    Not really fair to compare a 20% nerf on 1 ability to 100% across both dots plus mechanic changes to the rotation when all spriests excel at is st/sustained cleave on 3 targets in raid.
    Shadow Priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aikus/advanced
    Divine Council, my guild that is always looking for more exceptional players.

Time to Reroll guys. Tour is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    The newest sims are off. Barrage was buffed instead of nerfed in the sims. We should have a fix out shortly.
    On this though - if the sims were actually showing our damage at higher than it should've been then when it's fixed won't we be doing even less damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedseraph View Post
    See a lot people actually taking sims seriously. I never really have because they assume so much. Patchwerk fight no movement perfect players t19 etc. mm being at the bottom however worries me as it's the only hunter spec I really enjoy now. Never been big on bm. So if mm is in that sad of a state I may do ret paladin. 20% hit to barrage seems a bit high but whatever. Is volley more worth using now or is barrage still best?
    Do you or do you not care about sims?
    Are you in a hardcore mythic raiding guild? If you are, they will tell you what to roll. If not, it doesn't matter because (so far) there haven't been any patchwork fights and hunters still excel at movement based fights. Will barrage be garbage now? Maybe, but it won't kill hunter gameplay beyond having to select another talent.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Do you or do you not care about sims?
    Are you in a hardcore mythic raiding guild? If you are, they will tell you what to roll. If not, it doesn't matter because (so far) there haven't been any patchwork fights and hunters still excel at movement based fights. Will barrage be garbage now? Maybe, but it won't kill hunter gameplay beyond having to select another talent.

I refuse to be carried. If I can't pull my weight I'm not gonna play the class. I won't jump on the fotm but I refuse to play a class that can barely beat tanks

ONE of our abilities got nerfed. no way is that going to kill our overall dps enough to be just above tanks
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

It was a dumb nerf, make barrage less used so people stop complaining about the shitty visual change and game breaking bugs with the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It was a dumb nerf, make barrage less used so people stop complaining about the shitty visual change and game breaking bugs with the ability.
    I'd prefer volley anyway hopefully it will be better now

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    ONE of our abilities got nerfed. no way is that going to kill our overall dps enough to be just above tanks
    We were compensated with a stealth buff to Windburst. There should not be a huge nerf seen in single target. It was the AoE damage they were correcting for.

Basically, this past week's logs showed MM and havoc DHs at a very high level in certain situations (e.g. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#difficulty=4), and Blizzard is trying to correct the situation. It would appear, from the changes Blizzard has implemented, that Blizzard thinks our single target is fine, but our AoE was a bit too high as MM with Barrage.

We should certainly still be using barrage for single target fights (Like Ursoc) in raid tonight correct?

AMoC should be higher dps now than Barrage for single target. See updated sims in theorycrafting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedseraph View Post
    I refuse to be carried. If I can't pull my weight I'm not gonna play the class. I won't jump on the fotm but I refuse to play a class that can barely beat tanks
    If you can't beat the tanks, it's your garbage play, not the class.

And this is said over and over, but sims do not even represent what you will see in game. The default profile uses a 2k dps loss neck enchant. It uses an apl that can potentially see gains of over 5k. It uses 19 AT which means you can add one more and see an instant 15k+ gain. This is also not accounting for the effect movement will have on us compared to other classes, could be worse could be better. It is also not accounting for multi target capability.
    Last edited by Jayeazy; 2016-09-27 at 06:28 PM.