10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a video of Trump claiming his mic was defective.

https://twitter.com/Mosheh/status/78...417984/video/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Stop and Frisk. See, he did. Now that I proved your entire statement false, the rest is mute.

What's anecdotal about thousands of dead black youth in the inner city of Chicago? That's reality. That's the problem with the conversation on relationship between police and the black community. The left likes to omit how dangerous these communities are. That police go into these neighborhoods just looking to kill poor innocent people because their jobs are so boring and there's nothing better to do. In reality, the police are trying to weed out some really bad dudes. They don't always get it right, they make mistakes, but a majority of this is happening in these neighborhoods that can be better described as gang war zones.
    Right he's advocating for an unconstitutional policy from 15 years ago made by another disgraced politician who leveraged 9/11 to be a talking head for fox. If that is what you call a comprehensive understanding of race and race relations, then you have your perfect presidential candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as on-line polls saying Trump won. I wouldn't believe them considering r/The_Donald had links to several polls and there was a concerted "get out the vote" movement last night for this exact purpose. If anything you can say Trump has the not quite old enough to vote edge lord vote down pat...
    That being said, every focus group of undecided actual voters that several news organisations had, all were overwhelmingly in favor of Clinton. Like 18-2 & 16-6 type scores.
    Let's also not forget Clinton got smashed in every on-line poll against Sanders, and we know how that turned out.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Right now yes. But the democrats are at least somewhat closer to admitting the truth. The republicans are in complete flat out denial and believe the jobs that have been automated away can be brought back.
    Because upping the minimum wage for jobs on the way out the door is a stroke of brilliance.

The other side being stupid doesn't forgive yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Actually paying people sufficient wages to generate demand also helps.
    Define sufficient. Because some people expect to make 800 a week working ten hours total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because upping the minimum wage for jobs on the way out the door is a stroke of brilliance.
    Indeed, do you know why that is?

Firstly, because some of those jobs aren't immediately replaceable or just aren't replaceable.

Secondly, because it means people further up the rung have a better bargaining position for higher wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's a fair question. Let's try to handle this slowly, and rationally. Stay focused, this will take a couple passes.

I'm fairly sure you'll agree the GOP House and Senate are not fans of Clinton at all. How many hearings did she have on Benghazi? And how many federal agencies did they ask to look into the email situation? No really, find the numeric answer and bring them here.
    Your defense is that lots of people don't like Clinton so they participate in this mass conspiracy to invent things about her, including somehow making her accept millions of dollars in donations from foreign entities who subsequently get favors in return. That's conspiracy theory beyond the pale.

Additionally, just because a story mentions "Clinton" and "Email" in the same sentence doesn't mean every story is about how Clinton handled her emails on a private server. You have to actually read what's going on to understand beyond individual words before your head explodes into a Clinton defense rage.

There are several facets to "Clinton" and "Email" - there's how she was sending and receiving them, (on a private server with lower security standards so other government officials wouldn't have records of what she was doing) and then there's the content of the emails themselves after they were hacked. Such as, revelations about her knowledge during the Benghazi fiasco and how she lied to the American public and the families of the victims, and then called them liars after being called on it publicly. Such as the Democratic Primary being rigged by DWS, Clinton and Tim Kaine in a ridiculously obvious quid pro quo situation, even with leaked emails to confirm it. Such as how she sells her office as secretary of state in exchange for private donations.

Now, the Clintonbots want to conflate all these issues into some giant Republican Conspiracy Theory without addressing any of them in any meaningful way. Clinton Email scandal won't go away! ZOMG THIS AGAIN?! I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE PEOPLE STILL REMEMBER THIS FROM LAST WEEK! SNOPES TOTALLY DID AN ARTICLE THAT I SPENT 10 SECONDS READING AND THEY SAID CLINTON DID NOTHING WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Again, not the claim being made. I am asking for evidance that after gaining her audience, there would be a second bribe to actually get what they want. You know, your reactionary reply when confronted with your assertion being bullshit...
    So basically nitpicking bullshit to avoid the issue. Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define sufficient. Because some people expect to make 800 a week working ten hours total.
    'Sufficient', i.e. being able to live at a first world standard without public assistance.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Nah Clinton looked robotic and fake as shit, trump wasn't good but Clinton was dreadful
    Nah you didn't really see the debate, did you? (see what I did there?)

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the trade market being overfilled and causing a repeat of people with bachelor's flipping burgers.
    I believed you missed the point. The claim was made, that both sides would not create jobs, and tell you to go to school.

Trump wants to cut the department of education.

Clinton wants to lower or cut tuition.

So, if both sides were to tell you to go to school, it's clear that Trump would make that worse and Clinton would make it better. So that's still a point for Clinton, not Trump. The results of what you're claiming aren't disputed, the hypocrisy of Trump potentially saying "go to school which I just cut" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I agree, but I think the GOP has a problem with being "educated", "smart", or "prepared" (Sorry Illidan)...

After the debate, all I heard from the harcore Trump supporters was how "Smug", "elitist" and "scripted" Hillary was.

As opposed to a person that lasted all of about 30 minutes before he became unhinged? Not at all prepared for the debate, and seemed to just try to wing it, like he tends to do when he is in front of a camera.

The GOP has a strain of anti-intellectualism running through it, and Trump is the bulwark of that string.
    The unwashed masses should recognize the superiority and moral imperative for the Democrats to lead. How dare they not fall in line when we regularly call them stupid racists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Your defense is
    Nope. I asked you a straight-up question. I did not offer a defense. I asked you to find evidence in your favor.

And you either didn't, or couldn't, do it.

Once again you demonstrate you have no interest in a logical and/or fact-based discussion. It was not a hard question.

Also, you just suggested -- incorrectly I might add -- that I was going to accuse Congress of conspiracy theories. You're wrong, but it's moot at this point.

I believed you missed the point. The claim was made, that both sides would not create jobs, and tell you to go to school.

Trump wants to cut the department of education.

Clinton wants to lower or cut tuition.

So, if both sides were to tell you to go to school, it's clear that Trump would make that worse and Clinton would make it better. So that's still a point for Clinton, not Trump. The results of what you're claiming aren't disputed, the hypocrisy of Trump potentially saying "go to school which I just cut" is.
    I remember how Obama was going to cut tuition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    No, the unwashed masses should educate themselves.

Or as Thomas Jefferson stated:

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
    55 cent wage gap.

Nope. I asked you a straight-up question. I did not offer a defense. I asked you to find evidence in your favor.

And you either didn't, or couldn't, do it.

Once again you demonstrate you have no interest in a logical and/or fact-based discussion. It was not a hard question.

Also, you just suggested -- incorrectly I might add -- that I was going to accuse Congress of conspiracy theories. You're wrong, but it's moot at this point.
    "People looked at her so they found something" is not a viable defense that I'm aware of in any court on Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The unwashed masses should recognize the superiority and moral imperative for the Democrats to lead. How dare they not fall in line when we regularly call them stupid racists.
    Or it could be a legitimate point that the Republicans have difficulty appealing to educated voters because of very significant anti-science and anti-intellectual elements in their platform.

Wanting to cut tuition and not doing it is still not as bad as cutting the DoE if you want people to actually get educated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is literally providing negative lip service to the topic in question. You'd honestly have to hope he was lying just to come out neutral.

You can say "lip service" all you want, and you may or may not be right. But it would still be hypocrisy to cut education, then tell everyone to go to school. Clinton, at least, won't do that, as she's promising to make it easier, not harder, to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Foreign labor in developing nations are cheaper, and more expendable, than American ones.
    It's an ugly cycle really. The cost of living is pretty high. So the wages need to meet that cost. Since the cost of wages (labor) is high, companies don't want to have their work done here. Since the companies don't want to be here, there are less jobs. Since there are less jobs, people have less money. Since people have less money, they can't afford the cost of living (comfortably).

So basically we are screwed.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or it could be a legitimate point that the Republicans have difficulty appealing to educated voters because of very significant anti-science and anti-intellectual elements in their platform.
    True. But I always get a kick out of left leaning people talking about everyone voting Republican like they're unfit to think or do anything because they chose the other side.

Dat unity and fighting divisiveness. Inb4 "Republicans do it, so it's fine".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    "People looked at her"
    Still not answering my very easy question. Are you unable, or unwilling, to find evidence that's blatantly in your favor?

EDIT: Do you need me to repeat it?

How many hearings did she have on Benghazi? And how many federal agencies did they ask to look into the email situation? No really, find the numeric answer and bring them here.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-09-27 at 04:54 PM.