Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Wait, you're thinking of this thread, right? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2070859

Well, then you're literally making stuff up, because I never posted in that thread. I honestly didn't remember if I had or not, but you convinced me to double-check and be sure you're misrepresenting me.
    Then it's a good sign in was right if you believe you took that stance.

Well, that and the fact you think manslaughter is murder if a cop does it.(Tulsa)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    That's only people that died, not those who got unnecessarily brutalized or barely survived etc.

Also those stats are given by the police, not really a trustworthy source.
    What's trustworthy? I can also just handwave all your sources.

Well I guess you can't just shoot anyone, whodathunkit
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

California, the land of fruits and nuts.

This suggestion isn't feasible in the majority of situations though I'm sure there are some where the layout allows you to fall back and assess the situation further. Again most situations will not allow for this, but for those that do it's worth applying if possible.

Reminds me of the Tao te Ching:

CHAPTER 69

The generals have a saying:
    "Rather than make the first move
    it is better to wait and see.
    Rather than advance an inch
    it is better to retreat a yard."

This is called
    going forward without advancing,
    pushing back without using weapons.

There is no greater misfortune
    than underestimating your enemy.
    Underestimating your enemy
    means thinking that he is evil.
    Thus you destroy your three treasures
    and become an enemy yourself.

When two great forces oppose each other,
    the victory will go
    to the one that knows how to yield.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Not enough people are shot for this to be a real issue. Would it be ideal if it never happened? Yea absolutely, but this is such a minuscule rare event that's it's almost a joke to think it happens a lot. If it was whites being shot it wouldn't be newsworthy, it's really just a bullshit meme that he sjw crowd have rallied behind. However as most other social justice causes it's based on lies, ignores actual statistics and has ulterior motives

While i am all for officers defending themselves, whatever happened to non lethal? mace? Taser? Even rubber bullets. I mean any one of those may have hampered this person. it was not to long ago when i remember seeing officers having tasers and mace all the time.

This just in, everyone who has a job all act exact same way! You heard it right folks. All police are gun happy bigots, all servers are rude, and all lawyers are assholes (that last one is definitely true).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    While i am all for officers defending themselves, whatever happened to non lethal? mace? Taser? Even rubber bullets. I mean any one of those may have hampered this person. it was not to long ago when i remember seeing officers having tasers and mace all the time.
    If you try to use mace or a taser on someone with a gun, you're going to have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    I assure you. They could completely abandon live ammo guns and the narrative would change to those tools you listed being used despicably every single time.

You only need your bare hands to brutalize, in all honesty. And there is an honest issue with how some officers handle themselves. But, we have people judging every shooting as racism or murder. It will just be every tasing or pepper spray use will be judged as unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving to a spot with a more tactical advantage =/= run

Probably because it stops cops from shooting at people who didn't even attack them.
    Maybe you are a little clueless about what rules of engagement are for deadly force. Here's a hint: Cops can and will continue to shoot people who they feel threaten their personal safety. An active attack isnt necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

More specifically, the job of the police force is to protect the public, including those armed people.

Lethal force needs to be an absolute last resort, only used when A> the officer is under immediate lethal threat (which means "they're lifting that gun to shoot at me", not "I see a gun"), or B> a civilian is being so threatened. In the US, there's a third exception, for those who committed a violent felony and are fleeing the scene, and the officer cannot stop them from doing so without lethal force. Which means something like "I was shot in the leg and couldn't chase after him", not "I didn't want to chase him because he might be faster than me anyway".

A woman running at you with a knife? Depending on the distance, not an immediate threat. If you've drawn your service weapon, that range is something like 20 feet, if I recall the training. Within that range, if she's refusing to stop, your hand's being forced. Outside of that range? Use other means. That may mean redeploying back behind better cover.

What needs to stop is shooting people for not obeying police orders (even "drop that gun", if they're just holding it, pointed at the ground), or for doing stuff like reaching into their car or opening a door. Those aren't immediate threats. They may shortly BECOME such, and that changes things, but in that moment, they do not justify lethal force as a response.
    Sure they do. While I'm sure you have extensive experience in the field dealing with firearms and criminals, police officers aren't required to be murdered by the criminals the idiots on the left idolize.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess that just means ordinary citizens will have to arm themselves and take the law into their own hands.

Why would anyone call the police when they only escalate instead of de-escalate?
    So you are saying you would call your local drug dealer or thug for help as opposed to the police?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably because it stops cops from shooting at people who didn't even attack them.
    Oh...
    All 93 of them out of the 320,000,000.

Police are always the last ones I'd call, and I know I'm not the only person who thinks like that, because of common sense and experience with the cops.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you ignoring the ones who got wounded or brutalized because of unwarranted police attacks?
    It is "common sence" to not call the police when you are in trouble. And to call other criminals? Oh my...

Apparently you have had a few bad experiences with a few police officers and yet you blame them ALL for your experiences. Correct? One might call that being prejudice.
    Myself, I have not had any bad experiences with police. Why? Some might ask. Because I am a law abiding citizen.
    You are suggesting that police go around attacking people for no reason at all. They don't do that. At the end of the day they just want to go home after work just like you and I.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2016-09-27 at 10:31 AM.

So let me gets this straight.

A women who, judging by this article in question, is probably mentally ill and that doesn't need to die if handled properly could have been saved if cops learned that the answer isn't always shoot?

Big Shocker that a committee decided that the police could have handed things different if they even thought about deescalation

If you ignored the obvious BS in the article in question you would have reached this conclusion as well.

Cops should just stop patrolling the black neighborhood since apparently they are not welcome there anyways. This can cut taxes, put more forces in white and asian neighborhood and make all communities happen. Lets see what would happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    Cops should just stop patrolling the black neighborhood since apparently they are not welcome there anyways. This can cut taxes, put more forces in white and asian neighborhood and make all communities happen. Lets see what would happen.
    Great suggestion, you must be Trump's Senior Advisor on Black Neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Great suggestion, you must be Trump's Senior Advisor on Black Neighborhoods.
    Except that's been a loud demand on activist lists. One that I'd be eager to see the short and long term effects of having police avoid black neighborhoods.

Police are always the last ones I'd call, and I know I'm not the only person who thinks like that, because of common sense and experience with the cops.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you ignoring the ones who got wounded or brutalized because of unwarranted police attacks? The source of your numbers is also questionable, btw.
    Because all police are the same? Are all servers rude, are all fight attendants hot women, are all nurses females, are all Lawyers assholes? (Last one might be true) Sounds like the media and social media has you brained washed, I can't believe people are foolish enough to fall for such a narrative.

I doubt it has anything to do with that. More a sense of realizing that it takes a really malicious type of person(ality) wanting to join the police and go around waggling their finger at people who don't do what the law says, or in the case of the US, being violent towards them. It's a nice outlet and cover for hooligans and psychopaths. Kinda like how SJW- or feminism is a nice cover and outlet for really intolerant and hateful people.

Like the Gestapo hunting for Germans that help hide jews during WW2.
    Believe it or not some people join because they want to make their community safer.