Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have a different experience. Perhaps it is the LFG Site I use.

On XB1 while using Destinyteamfinder.com, once hard mode is released, normal mode turns into a ghost town.
    Ah I've always used DestinyLFG since it catered to all 4 platforms I figured it would be more popular. Ended up making some friends on there as well that helped me catch up with gear later on, so that's always an option.

Like most multiplayer games, Destiny is better with friends, hell if I still played and was playing this expansion I'd help anyone who posted here provided they're on my platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    I played the demo to lvl 7 and went out to discover only to find out that everything was pretty much used over and over again, such as the outdoor content and the indoor stuff. Dunno how big the game is but what's the rest like? In Borderlands you had different zones with tons of different landscape, Destiny didn't seem to have that
    You get to travel to different planets and explore some of the catacombs in them. Also boss fights are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Ah I've always used DestinyLFG since it catered to all 4 platforms I figured it would be more popular. Ended up making some friends on there as well that helped me catch up with gear later on, so that's always an option.

Like most multiplayer games, Destiny is better with friends, hell if I still played and was playing this expansion I'd help anyone who posted here provided they're on my platform.
    This we can 100% agree on. And I too had the same experience. On Destinyteamfinder, I found a group of 5 dudes who needed 1 more for Crota (back when it was new). Since that day, I am became a member of their clan, and we play all types of games together. They are my best gaming buds now.

Destiny was made to be played with friends. It really helps the game shine.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

This thread is making me want to play Destiny again, I don't have the time with WoW though unfortunately :C

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is making me want to play Destiny again, I don't have the time with WoW though unfortunately :C
    LOL! I hear ya. I want to play a few other things as well. Forza Horizon 3, X Com 2, BFOne. But I am moving into my new place next month, and I don't have the time and/or money right now for that many games.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Is it worth getting into Destiny now if you never played it? Like I am a big fan of Bungie and their Halo series, so I am mostly interested in the PVP aspect of the game.

I played the demo to lvl 7 and went out to discover only to find out that everything was pretty much used over and over again, such as the outdoor content and the indoor stuff. Dunno how big the game is but what's the rest like? In Borderlands you had different zones with tons of different landscape, Destiny didn't seem to have that
    If PVP is your thing they finally got around to adding custom matchmaking and theres already some randomiser sites to make up a random game mode with friends.

Thinking of getting back into the game, but I need to know if I have the hard copy version of the game,but lost the disks in my recent move can I buy the digital version of the upgrade and play without the disks?

the new digital collection includes the base game, its everything as a digital download and all your info is tied to xbl or psn not the disc.

Seriously Destiny base game discs are quickly becoming the most worthless physical version since Defiances PS3 discs.

The short of it is they gave it a 6 out of 10. I though it was a decide review personally and agree a bit from what I been hearing.

I may pick it up when its on sell just for the 90min story and to do some pvp.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    New ARG is happening.

bungie.net/en/net/sim.

Appears these codes are being combined to create jpgs, which are each pieces to a puzzle. Each person gets their own code. Their code translates to an image. Once all the images are found, they can be pieced together to form a larger image.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

The short of it is they gave it a 6 out of 10. I though it was a decide review personally and agree a bit from what I been hearing.

I may pick it up when its on sell just for the 90min story and to do some pvp.
    A 6 is about right -bare in mind i still think of a 1-10 scale in this regard not the mainstream 7-10 scale with nothing but garbage below. story is too short, far too short. But everything new is excellent. Still playing it and greatly enjoying it but probably wont 2 months from now unless it does get more updates than taken king did.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    A 6 is about right -bare in mind i still think of a 1-10 scale in this regard not the mainstream 7-10 scale with nothing but garbage below. story is too short, far too short. But everything new is excellent. Still playing it and greatly enjoying it but probably wont 2 months from now unless it does get more updates than taken king did.
    See that's not worth getting back into it. Destiny has a huge grind involved after the initial story, and honestly I don't have the time for that atm. Maybe later on down the road, hopefully the price drops then too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously enjoying Timurs Artifact. Nothing like running around punching things and getting a pet captain or servitor.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Ya I don't go by the mainstream 7-10 scale and I think its stupid lol.

From what I have heard and seen a 6 sounds about right. To me its the last bits they had left to get rid if destiny before D2 comes out. It will need a massive price cut before I get it because I give no fucks about the endgame grind anymore.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny 2 coming to PC according to Kotaku sources

That... will shake the MMO world...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeshear View Post
    Seriously enjoying Timurs Artifact. Nothing like running around punching things and getting a pet captain or servitor.
    Be careful with that thing.

During the last boss, i've been killed because people used it. I cleared out all my adds (nothing on my motion sensor) Then suddenly, I get a shank behind me tearing me apart because the 'mind control' wore off.

Just be sure to keep an eye on your new minion so you can take it out when the effect wears off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post

I would love if it felt more like a true mmo, rather than a multiplayer game.

We'll see what the future holds.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news. I finally beat the raid last night. Felt great to take that last boss out. Definitely enjoyed this raid, and am looking forward to doing it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post

That sounds amazing.
    although I'm skeptical of the "friend on the inside" source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In other news. I finally beat the raid last night. Felt great to take that last boss out. Definitely enjoyed this raid, and am looking forward to doing it more.
    Yeah, that just sealed the deal for me. Not going to pick up the xpack. If you can still beat the raids inside of 2 weeks of the xpack release, that's just not enough for me to buy it on top of a 90m story.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds amazing.
    although I'm skeptical of the "friend on the inside" source.

Yeah, that just sealed the deal for me. Not going to pick up the xpack. If you can still beat the raids inside of 2 weeks of the xpack release, that's just not enough for me to buy it on top of a 90m story.
    If it makes you feel any better, my raid group consists of some really good players. We are all very experienced, and do our homework. We are the type to take off work on release to grind and push to get the new content done as soon as possible.

I come from a background of a hardcore raider. In WoW, my guild was one of the top rated on the server. We have that sort of mentality and drive.

Less than 10% of the community has completed the raid so far. Only those who rush and push really hard have completed it.

So don't take me beating the raid as any indication of it being too easy. It certainly takes work.

Well, if it's anything like TTK, I had the raid beat day 3 of the expansion iirc just by pugging. Granted we all knew what we were doing and we were learning as we went, but it was doable.

I would definitely be in that 10% category if I was playing :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if it's anything like TTK, I had the raid beat day 3 of the expansion iirc just by pugging. Granted we all knew what we were doing and we were learning as we went, but it was doable.

I would definitely be in that 10% category if I was playing :/
    Then I guess you may want to pass. The raid wouldn't be too difficult for you if that's the case. It just requires common raid rules. Keep it friendly. Keep communication Tight and Clear. Stay alive. Work as a team.

There are no true complicated mechanics. But in my opinion, the mechanics are pretty fun.

That's the thing I've always liked about destiny, the raids were always a blast. I had a lot of fun the VoG, Crota's End, and the TTK raid. The TTK raid was amazing. Hell I want to buy it just for the raid, just still don't have the time to play.