Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Warlock Buffs arent enought!!

Warlock buff still short compared to performance of other classes, we really didnt improve that much, demon hunters, monks and hunters still doing OP damage compared to warlocks. Are warlocks really gona be fixed or should we start to re roll a new class??

Deleted
    Destro and Demo should be in reasonable places. They're not going to be mages or hunters, but they look like they'll be middle of the pack. At that point I'd rather be asking for mechanical changes than numerical ones. Things like SB being made baseline or DE being changed to just about any other form would do far more benefit to the class that numbers.

Affliction I don't understand why they're being so conservative with ST buffs, 10%~ish is nowhere near enough to drag that up to a respectable point in pve.

Like, I was baffled to see how happy people were over a mere 10% and ludicrous posts like "I think Blizzard might have overdone it" in the discord - but the buffs are pretty reasonable, even if another 5% probably still wouldn't have put us in as dominating a position as Blizzard seem to think mages deserve to be, but 10% isn't as dreadful as you seem to make out, even if it's nothing to throw a party over.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-09-27 at 04:19 PM.

I think Warlocks will be fine probably even good.
    Hi Sephurik

I mean, I just did a Mythic dungeon and on packs of 6 with instant RoF and my usual rotation (Backdraft, Reverse Entropy, FnB + Sac) I was hitting around 800k DPS.. That's quite the increase from the 500k or so I was stuck at before. ST was never below 250, and with cooldowns was easily over 325~350

I think it's fair if affliction isn't that good on singletarget, their aoe potential with quadseeds+soulflame rivals living bomb and sustained multitarget scales insanely with mastery as well as being a very durable spec. It's hard to make affli ST good without making the multidot op and without making it into a Drain Life/Soul spamming spec.

As for demo and destro I think they are doing quite well - Demo has insane scaling with haste and Destro has a very strong niche with Havoc and add-burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Affliction I don't understand why they're being so conservative with ST buffs, 10%~ish is nowhere near enough to drag that up to a respectable point in pve.
    My guess is because if they pump it into dots the buffs would scale extremely high on multi-target (which afaik Aff is still good at? haven't really bothered with the spec to be honest). And I'm pretty sure we can all imagine the outcry if a high percentage of your single target damage output is tied to a filler, which is pretty much the only option there. Maybe UA, but that could scale out of hand again depending on shard regen on multi-target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post

Warlock buff still short compared to performance of other classes, we really didnt improve that much, demon hunters, monks and hunters still doing OP damage compared to warlocks. Are warlocks really gona be fixed or should we start to re roll a new class??
    Please re-roll.
    Bet you are one of these people that won't be satisfied till chaos bolt becomes instant cast, costs no shards, does 800% more dmg based on spellpower and rain of fire is a series of cataclysms all raining down together instead of fireballs, spawning infernals on impact. Also throw in KJ cunning (MoP edition) while you are at it.

Also a guy earlier mentioned some pretty awesome numbers above which could just as well mean that you s-u-c-k. His post is just as credible as yours, so why should I believe you and not him? :d
    Last edited by Soluna; 2016-09-27 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Please re-roll.
    Bet you are one of these people that won't be satisfied till chaos bolt becomes instant cast, costs no shards, does 800% more dmg based on spellpower and rain of fire is a series of cataclysms all raining down together instead of fireballs, spawning infernals on impact. Also throw in KJ cunning (MoP edition) while you are at it.
    Yeah, those suggestions sound about right to me, i will also would like to add shard regeneration by 300% and unlimited mana

Yeah, those suggestions sound about right to me, i will also would like to add shard regeneration by 300% and unlimited mana
    Better yet, scrap resources and make everything cost nothing and instant cast. And I bet the OP would still be like 'HEY FIRE MAGE CAN BEAT ME, PLEASE BUFF'

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    I think it's fair if affliction isn't that good on singletarget, their aoe potential with quadseeds+soulflame rivals living bomb and sustained multitarget scales insanely with mastery as well as being a very durable spec.
    Except that taking Sow the Seeds guts your already meager single target damage by 10-13% from Siphon Life and another couple of % from not using that shard on Unstable Affliction while Living Bomb only makes you lose < 2% of your single target damage from Unstable Magic and doesn't even break the Heat Up mechanic which lets Mages Pyroblast fish while being able to AoE extremely well. How the hell is that even remotely close to fair ?

It's hard to make affli ST good without making the multidot op and without making it into a Drain Life/Soul spamming spec.
    No it's not. You could always bring back this while making Haunt baseline with its old effect. This wouldn't affect multi-dot'ing at all while also letting you adjust the scaling of single target damage via those two abilities.

Or since we're already used to having a channeled filler, how about bringing back Malefic Grasp ? It would increase our single target damage while simultaneously reducing our ridiculous ramp-up time.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2016-09-27 at 05:06 PM.

This is the moment when people who are just bad realize that it wasn't the class holding them 50% behind everyone else....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Please re-roll.

Also a guy earlier mentioned some pretty awesome numbers above which could just as well mean that you s-u-c-k. His post is just as credible as yours, so why should I believe you and not him? :d
    This actually made me chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Do everyone a favor and just re-roll, then you can post useless crap in a different class forum.

Deleted
    its warlocks class fantasy to be a garbage class with no utility, no mobility and below average DPS

Destro and Demo should be in reasonable places. They're not going to be mages or hunters, but they look like they'll be middle of the pack. At that point I'd rather be asking for mechanical changes than numerical ones. Things like SB being made baseline or DE being changed to just about any other form would do far more benefit to the class that numbers.

Like, I was baffled to see how happy people were over a mere 10% and ludicrous posts like "I think Blizzard might have overdone it" in the discord - but the buffs are pretty reasonable, even if another 5% probably still wouldn't have put us in as dominating a position as Blizzard seem to think mages deserve to be, but 10% isn't as dreadful as you seem to make out, even if it's nothing to throw a party over.
    tbh I think it's bad that there isn't some constellation of specs from each of the four DPS-only classes in the top five DPS specs.

Deleted
    I think it's fair if affliction isn't that good on singletarget, their aoe potential with quadseeds+soulflame rivals living bomb and sustained multitarget scales insanely with mastery as well as being a very durable spec. It's hard to make affli ST good without making the multidot op and without making it into a Drain Life/Soul spamming spec.

As for demo and destro I think they are doing quite well - Demo has insane scaling with haste and Destro has a very strong niche with Havoc and add-burst.
    Differenc ebeing mages can take aoe with only a minor loss to single, affliction has to take Sow the Seeds which is literally useless on single target

Affliction is a one-trick pony, I honestly do not understand why they thought it best to do buffs into DOTs when affliction desperately needs it's single target raising

I;d much rathe rhave seen the dots stay as is, but a big buff to Drain Soul or similar, or use a stacking multiplier for UA's

If SP's can get an 80% buff to Mind Sear lol they could do the same for Drain Soul or Shadow Bite

That 10% will help but affliction still won;t be in a very good place

Destruction is OK, not top, but sadly it is really the go-to spec, exactly what they have repeatedly said they don't want

I'd say St could be buffed via soul effigy, but that's a cancer that needs cutting out asap. It's horrible, just Prismatic Crystal the sequel.

I'm sitting at about 250k dps on the dummy with no buffs as Demo running 3/2/1/1/3/3/2 and 23% Crit, 26% Haste and 32% mastery. Overall it looks like we'll still be in the middle. It's a bit frustrating knowing if I rerolled Mage or Hunter I'd without a doubt be sitting at #1 in our raids. We'll still be pretty good at priority targets on EN cleave fights.

Here's hoping for great scaling!

In order to be on a level with stuff like hunters or mages, they'd need a talent rework. The big thing holding warlocks back is the fact that you have to spec into stuff that most other classes have baseline, like an actual AoE.

That being said, 11% across the board was nothing to sneeze at. At least in raids, warlocks are likely going to be doing very well.

Play demono.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

On my DH I switched spec in regards of the huge nerf. Oh wait ...

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Play demono.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

On my DH I switched spec in regards of the huge nerf. Oh wait ...
    I get that people like looking at sims, but that is not how the game works currently, nor has it for a long while. Those are single target patchwerk fights. Do you know of any fight that does not reward you for moving, is single target and still exists as a raid boss in the current tier? I am unaware of such. Demonologys dps drops -fast- when there is any movement involved.

It was up there in the top 5 before buffs as well, but yet:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4