Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why it is so important to know who is final boss? dosen't that spoil the suprise "oh look it's Kil'jaden again". I would like to see in time when final raid is released and then this mysterios figure reveal self.

Been wondering the same thing but who knows.

I'm remembering now that Blizzard, when talking about Archimonde in WoD and Hellscream in MoP, said they want to continue to use the final raid of an expansion as a story arch to move the next expansion, so whatever the next expansion is going to be, the last raid/boss of the xpac will be tied completely to that. Which means, that rules out KJ right? Unless there is another legion expansion? Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by delambare View Post
    In the blizzcon panel 2015 they said the final boss was present during leveling as they like us to get to know the boss. Although Avatar of Sargeras/Kil'Jaeden is logical I'd say something like corrupted Khadgar or Sylvanas would be pretty good bets
    Does Illidan show up?

I think the Legion might use his body to put Sargeras inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It's just the whole fact that Sargeras wants to wipe all life from the universe because of the Old Gods presence in it. In Sargeras' eyes, we're just insects trying to stay alive, while the Old Gods are the Void Lords minions trying to make way for their masters.

The fragment was a thing made up on the spot, to give reason for why the GroveWarden(a new model in Legion) shouldn't be another store mount. And happened at the same time as HFC. There has yet to be anything else from it to mean anything yet.
    Keep in mind that over time, Sargeras' goal or his plans might have shifted. For example, back then, he wanted to wipe out all life from the universe - including & especially Azeroth. However, as it turned out now, he no longer want to destroy Azeroth, but want her to be his instead. Things change over time. While I don't doubt that he ultimately still want to cleanse the universe of the corruption from the Void, it isn't impossible that his plans might not be just "destroy,destroy and destroy" anymore. It's not like the Legion is averse to using power of the Void to their own goals - they employed plenty of void creatures and void magic, after all.
    For example, it's possible that the Legion ordered Xavius to assist N'Zoth in corruption to weaken Azeroth's defense to buy them time, expecting that N'Zoth wouldn't be able to fully corrupt Azeroth before the Legion's leaders get there anyway. N'Zoth, on the other hand, want to do the same thing to the Legion. Xavius was the middle man who play for both sides (both thinking they are using the others).

You can't really claim that the fragment was made up when it's linked to the story and Blizzard hasn't tell us to disregard it yet (and when did Blizzard ever need to make an excuse in game for something to not be a store item anyway?). Sure, there hasn't been anything else from it yet, but that wasn't an evidence of it being of no importance. Legion story just started, it hasn't gotten past 1/4 of its lifespan yet.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    However, as it turned out now, he no longer want to destroy Azeroth, but want her to be his instead. Things change over time.
    Reiterate this please, no clue what you're trying to say. Sounds like you're saying "He wants to bring her to the legion" which I have yet to see anything in game or out of game suggesting.

Sargeras' plan's changing also makes no sense either. He went on this burning crusade to eliminate all life, not because he hates us, but because he fears what the Void Lords can do to the universe. Him now not hating them, who he slew an unborn titan and his beloved brethren over... just makes no sense. And time does change, but this is a Titan we're talking about. His time with the Burning Crusade is probably blink in the eons he's been alive.

At first i thought maybe Xavius had ditched the Old Gods and went back to the Legion. A lot of it made no sense, but nothing was ever mentioned either.(blizzard is bad at making things fit into place fluidly) like no one points out that he's working with the Legion again, as if Blizzard thinks no one read the Nightmare book. But him and Azshara are in the same boat. Then we have the raid and the new Old God monster gives a lot of insight into it. And Spriest weapons does too. Xavius is still an Old God minion and betraying the Old Gods is not something you do. They know the future, they know your thoughts. Sargeras and the Legion are the ones who get betrayed, they can't read minds. They can't see the future.

But one thing I try to keep in mind is that this is happening in game and Blizzard Quest writers aren't focused on a good story, just making more content. if this was a book by say Christie, there would be more plausible responses from npc's about the union.

The Mount was originally a store mount that used an upcoming model from Legion. Just like the store mounts that turned out to be models for WoD. This had some really bad criticism and was changed to a drop from defeating Heroic+ Archimonde. So by average human intellect logic, we can conclude that this rift of aln was made up on the spot to give reason why this Grove Warden mount that was a storemount based on future content, being given for Archimonde's defeat.

Reiterate this please, no clue what you're trying to say. Sounds like you're saying "He wants to bring her to the legion" which I have yet to see anything in game or out of game suggesting.
    It's in the Warlock artifact (Scepter of Sargeras in particular) in-game book (source of all those "Sargeras want to bone Azeroth" jokes).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome of Blighted Implements
    The Scepter of Sargeras is known for the gleaming jewel that adorns its apex. Many theorize that it represents Sargeras's baleful eye, which caught only a glimpse of Azeroth before the fallen titan was ripped back to the Twisting Nether. But the truth is far different.

Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul - and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his.
    One can wonder if that vision was true or if it was some kind of plans of the forces of the Void (i.e: the OGs or their masters), but as a result, Sargeras want to corrupt Azeroth to be his now.

(You can check the full texts version of all parts on Wowhead. The one I copy & pasted was just part 4)
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-09-27 at 03:58 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It's in the Warlock artifact (Scepter of Sargeras in particular) in-game book (source of all those "Sargeras want to bone Azeroth" jokes).

One can wonder if that vision was true or if it was some kind of plans of the forces of the Void (i.e: the OGs or their masters), but as a result, Sargeras want to corrupt Azeroth to be his now.

(You can check the full texts version of all parts on Wowhead. The one I copy & pasted was just part 4)
    Well that's an interesting development.

I found it weird that the writers didn't go the usual "Good guy corrupted, but still loves the girl" route with Sargeras, but it seems that he found his girl.

Arthas=Jaina
    Deathwing=Alexstraza
    Illidan=Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    ''Hes not big enough to be the Final bad''. Literally what.

>Hes the one that guided Gul'dan here after Arch plunged him through
    >Invaded Velen and the Draenei using Velens son, now even the Draenei have had enough.
    >Appears in like 3 artifact quest
    >Appears in the Demon Hunter Class Campaign
    >The whole purpose for Illidan's campaign before he died was to invade Argus and kill KJ.
    >Left remaining Hand of Sargeras in an expansion called Legion

In comparison:

Nzoth has some random and cryptic whispers from minions that fit more a future expansion and I guess the Naga.

Sooo?
    - N'zoth is -directly- responsible for the Nightmare even if Yogg-Saron opened the way.
    - N'zoth is basically -involved- with the Naga in a way we have yet to fully understand, who have a prominant role in Azsuna.
    - Old God whispers of prophecy are rarley wrong, look at yogg-saron who saw the dethroning of Arthas and him being replaced by Bolvar.
    - Xal'atah speaks of the void prison weakening that keeps N'zoth in stasis at the end of the emerald nightmare, there is -no- hint at all that KJ is involved in any of this.
    - Arms warrior, Shadow priest, Holy paladin all have artifact quests tied to the old gods, as there are 3 tied to KJ.
    - Helya was corrupted by Loken, who was corrupted by the Old Gods in turn.
    - Kobolds in Highmountain briefly explain their backlore, implied to be old god related.
    - Doing the full Drak'thul quest gives you refferences to N'zoth and the old gods.
    - Il'gynoth mentions N'zoth and resting in Ny'alotha.
    - Xal'atah also whispers that dreams and demons can be corrupted by the old gods, weather shes lying or not is indeterminate, but she mentions Ny'alotha and the gods -alot- during most of her dialogue.
    - Arthas appears in Frost DK encounters with alot of hints to void and darkness.
    - Given that Il'gynoth mentions the five pillars could be responsible for freeing the old gods it does -not- take a genious to figure out who the -real- end boss is going to be once we inavertly unleash them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that's an interesting development.

I found it weird that the writers didn't go the usual "Good guy corrupted, but still loves the girl" route with Sargeras, but it seems that he found his girl.

Arthas=Jaina
    Deathwing=Alexstraza
    Illidan=Tyrande
    deathwing loved alex?
    he rather wanted her a bdsm sex slave.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    deathwing loved alex?
    he rather wanted her a bdsm sex slave.
    He didn't even want to be the one giving her the sex either, did he?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    He didn't even want to be the one giving her the sex either, did he?
    im pretty sure he wanted to rape both ysera and alex.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Jainnnnaaa
    NNNoooooooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delambare View Post
    In the blizzcon panel 2015 they said the final boss was present during leveling as they like us to get to know the boss. Although Avatar of Sargeras/Kil'Jaeden is logical I'd say something like corrupted Khadgar or Sylvanas would be pretty good bets
    Another Horde warchief ? i'd be pretty let down to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    NNNoooooooo
    You mean "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees" ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    You mean "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees" ?
    I'm going to copy pasta some shit I threw down into another thread because it explains why Jaina should no longer be brought up. Side-tier character.

Re: Il'gynoth whispers "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it".

I see this a lot but I have to shoot it down, its just so out of the blue. Theramore wasn't even last xpac, it was 2 xpacs ago. I don't think her heart is a crater, more like her brain is volcano, with anger. Sure, shes really sad about Arthas going bad, but, she has gotten over him at this point. That was FOUR expansions ago. Yes, Jaina is still around, but she keeps getting thrown into the limelight.

When people reference her I keep seeing the claim that her heart is a crater too, but is it? I don't see why her "heart" is.

Also, to counter the Theramore literal crater, why isn't this in reference to Dalaran and its crater, or Un'goro being a cater. Just because theres a female charater and a crater involved, doesn't make me think she is the target of this quote. I really think it has more to do with Azeroth's core being metaphorically craterd and filled with Old God corruption.
    _____

My point is that Jaina is an old character. She's anti-horde because Garrosh bombed Theramore, and no shes voted out of office from the Kirin Tor. Sure, she might do something crazy, but she won't do anything near Garrosh's level. Garrosh only had access to power and supplies and authority because he was warchief, which is kin to King of Stormwind. Jaina, at her worst, will just leave and go to Kul Tiras, or at worst polymorph Sylvanas or some shit.

Her being a dreadlord, and being the end boss of the expansion... its utter nonsense. Really think about her character arc. Go replay some Warcraft III RoC, Human campaign, and see Jaina as she was first introduced. You're trying to tell me that they're taking a character from what, 15 years ago? and rehashing her into a big bad guy for reasons? That's like Madonna announcing she's going back on tour, for 2017.

Completely out of character.
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2016-09-27 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    im pretty sure he wanted to rape both ysera and alex.
    I just thought he wanted to turn them into breeding machines to produce his army/experiments. He knew all too well what personally breeding with them would do...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowyb View Post
    First Arcanist Thalyssra. We help her to get strong, we build a withered army and probably after nighthold raid we'll take suramar back with her. And then great power brings great hunger and ta-da.
    The fight would be us vs all the withered we trained. Just 20minutes of wave after wave of withered. Literally hundreds of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post
    Blizzard said shortly after Legion was announced that they like the "2 tiers, 3 raids" setup that WoD had, and will probably be repeating in for Legion.
    Source on that? Cuz I heard the exact opposite of this.

OK folks heres how its going to go

Go into nighthold, kill Guldan, save Illidans body, have the tomb of Sargeras in reach and attempt to use the pillars to seal it up.
    But surprise! It was a trick by the old gods, instead of sealing the tomb, we released N'zoth. Kadghar dies.
    Jaina comes back and causes a bunch of trouble for the horde but ultimately sends us after Azshara and N'zoth to a new underwater zone and raid.
    In the mean time we are figuring out how to resurrect Illidan.
    When we finally defeat Azshara, Illidan is ready to go, takes us to the tomb of Sargeras where we will face all the big baddies, including KJ, and an avatar of Sargeras.
    If this turns out to not be the end of it because KJ is a coward and runs back through the portal and closes it before we kill him, we then take the Exodar and fly to Argus to mess him up. queuing up the next expansion. (this seems to be the most logical explanation for needing the exodar to get to argus, otherwise we would just walk through their own portal)

This seems the most logical flow to me, with either KJ or Avatar of Sargeras being the only logical last bad guy for legion.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody gets the bright idea to revive Kael'thas.

"Magister's Terrace was merely a setback!"

The perfect troll ending.