Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    lmao me butthurt i didnt make the thread im just laughing at everyone who believes everything that blizzard tells them. I could care less i have zero legendarys. Blizzard was not even aware of a bug in the code that was increasing ppls chances to get another legendary instead of decreasing it. How is it random if the code gave you a better chance to get more legendarys?

It isnt random but some people will think it is since you are not 100% sure of getting it so it must be random. really people like that should play craps with faulty dice that some numbers come up more then others isnt unfair for you it is just random since all numbers come up sometimes.

Thats the level of random we had with legendary and quite frankly based on what i have seen going on i still suspect we have remenants of that code messing around with legendary drops.

It isnt like it is a conspiracy theory that they got this totally wrong the first time and we cant be sure the faulty code still doesnt have implications on the so called randomness in ways it shouldnt.

hahaha

Yes, because they have an entire rack of machines to make sure YOU, special snowflake, haven't got your legendary but others did. But wait, there's more. I've found they hold a whole team meeting every wednesday 9am-11am PST, to discuss how to tweak YOUR drops for the next week.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17142...-everyday.html

See #3.

In this thread, people who confuse "random" with "equal probability".

Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    Too bad you also lack the ability to even comprehend what the topic is about.

There was a bug with Legendaries dropping at an increased rate after you obtained your first, Blizzard said it was fixed; it's very obviously not.
    Pretty sure it isnt fixed since the only once last week to get a legendary was the people that already had one or more in there possession NOONE at ZERO legendary moved out of that rank last week. That RNG strikes like over and over and over again makes it look fishy as fuck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    In this thread, people who confuse "random" with "equal probability".

I highlighted the excuse it is random with my stacked dice problem earlier. All outcomes can and will come up with that dice but still itisnt working correctly and same i think we have in place for legendaries right now in this game.

Came here for the "real, hardcold evidence" , didn't find any.

I've never seen more people talking past each other in my life.

I don't think anybody is saying randomness has been completely removed from the equation.

But the amount of people getting multiple legendaries is far more than can be attributed to luck given the baseline low drop rate most of us are seeing. Multiple screenshots of people winning back to back, some people with 3 and 4 legendaries. The quantity of people experiencing what should involve an incredible amount of luck, assuming normal chances, is simply too high to accept. There is something going on that is MAKING these people seem lucky. They are getting much better odds at items that are supposed to be exceedingly rare, more than is intended.

There is still "RNG" but this "RNG" is not the same for everybody.

There was a bug related to legendary bad luck protection, and it seems like it was working in reverse, i.e. giving better luck to people who already HAD a legendary instead of giving it to those who did not have a legendary. They say it has been "fixed" but did not say how, and we have insufficient evidence to confirm or deny the validity of the fix.

Sure, there is still RNG. But the guy getting 20% chance instead of 2% chance is getting much better stuff than the rest of us at a faster rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    I've never seen more people talking past each other in my life.

I don't think anybody is saying randomness has been completely removed from the equation.

But the amount of people getting multiple legendaries is far more than can be attributed to luck given the baseline low drop rate most of us are seeing. Multiple screenshots of people winning back to back, some people with 3 and 4 legendaries. The quantity of people experiencing what should involve an incredible amount of luck, assuming normal chances, is simply too high to accept. There is something going on that is MAKING these people seem lucky. They are getting much better odds at items that are supposed to be exceedingly rare, more than is intended.

There is still "RNG" but this "RNG" is not the same for everybody.

There was a bug related to legendary bad luck protection, and it seems like it was working in reverse, i.e. giving better luck to people who already HAD a legendary instead of giving it to those who did not have a legendary. They say it has been "fixed" but did not say how, and we have insufficient evidence to confirm or deny the validity of the fix.

Sure, there is still RNG. But the guy getting 20% chance instead of 2% chance is getting much better stuff than the rest of us at a faster rate.
    Bingo.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Do you guys always believe everything that comes out of Blizzards mouth?
    So what's your theory?

Blizzard affects drop rates based on what? Where you live? Time zone? Realm? Account name? Maybe they've developed technology that allows them to SEE who it is behind the account and give out legendaries based on colour/country/creed/religion?

People that go on and on about it not being random share one common denominator.

They're the one's who haven't gotten a legendary yet.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    "You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is. It's far easier to make things random with a chance than it is to find a way to ensure x-number-of-people get it.
    It's not entirely random. There is a small hidden modifier that increases your chance to win one by a very small amount, the more you don't. And bugs can exist as was shown earlier. I personally am not entirely convinced the system is bug free.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-09-27 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    We have seen 0 legendarys drop to anyone.
    If you go the whole expansion without ever getting a single legendary-then that means it is working perfectly.

Some guy got 3? Well some guys are born with a 9" dick, millions of dollars, and get to be president. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    If you go the whole expansion without ever getting a single legendary-then that means it is working perfectly.

Some guy got 3? Well some guys are born with a 9" dick, millions of dollars, and get to be president. That's life.
    Actually it doesn't, not according to Blizzards own statement.

lets see
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Bluntss/feed
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/Crid/feed
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ll/Pehmol/feed
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...reachidan/feed
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elsnikman/feed
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ynn/Akkis/feed < 3 in one day!!!!

Those are only ones i found in 5min that got 2 in <2days.

So are you considering that your guild has barely gotten any legendaries because you don't do shit? The people with 2 or 3 legendaries are the people who have done 50+ mythic+?

Everyone in my guild who has been doing 4-5 hours of mythic+ in the last few days have gotten their legendary. Some of the ppl who have done the most have gotten 2 legendaries in last few days and the people who only done a handful still have 0.

Out of 28 raiders we have 21 legendaries currently. If you spam mythic+ enough you will get a legendary.

Come back after 40 mythic+ if you still don't have a legendary you might be getting the short end of the stick. But doing nothing and still expecting a legendary is not how the system works.

Ive been runing a Main + Alt since day 1. They are both at 851 at the moment, done all daily chests/cleared all mythics/+/Raids 7/7 Normal 3/7 HC with both - havent seen any legendaries.

It's still not fixed.. plenty of evidence - UNLESS they fixed it today and are just staying quite.

IMO they should just keep quite, because this system already has alot of people irritated and this bug/glitch is only making it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    So are you considering that your guild has barely gotten any legendaries because you don't do shit? The people with 2 or 3 legendaries are the people who have done 50+ mythic+?

Everyone in my guild who has been doing 4-5 hours of mythic+ in the last few days have gotten their legendary. Some of the ppl who have done the most have gotten 2 legendaries in last few days and the people who only done a handful still have 0.

Out of 28 raiders we have 21 legendaries currently. If you spam mythic+ enough you will get a legendary.

Come back after 40 mythic+ if you still don't have a legendary you might be getting the short end of the stick. But doing nothing and still expecting a legendary is not how the system works.
    Actually I have over 400 dungeons done out of that 38mythics and more than 35 mythic+, 7/7 normal and 5/7 HC. 9+ days total play time, over 500 daily quests. You? Oh yeah I still don't have legendary.
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-09-27 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Actually I have over 400 dungeons done out of that 38mythics and more than 35 mythic+, 7/7 normal and 5/7 HC. 9+ days total play time, over 500 daily quests. You? Oh yeah I still don't have legendary.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_distribution

In our experience legendaries started dropping after Friday. We had more legendaries drop on Friday than combined legendary drops between launch and this Friday so gonna assume they tweaked the bad luck protection around that time and it definitely is time based so how much you played or normal heroic don't mean anything at all. All that matters is how much you done in the last few days.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2016-09-27 at 07:46 PM.

Im not 100% sure if its fixed or not but one of our guildies got a legendary and she wasnt even level 110 yet, just hit 107 when she got hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    We have seen 0 legendarys drop to anyone.

Untill our guildie joins in today. The second hes in, he gets his Third legendary.

This. Is. Not. RNG.
    Actually, that is exactly RNG.

You and all your friends roll a D20 and never roll a 20. New guy comes along and rolls 20 on the first try. Do you blame the dice for not working and not being random?

A 1-in-20 chance is not a guarantee for every 20 rolls you all make. Same goes for a >3% drop chance, it doesn't mean you're guaranteed anything after however many hundred runs.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-27 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I'm finding it hard to believe it's working properly as well... friend just got his 2nd last saturday and his 3rd today... smh

Deleted
    It has gotten to a point where I lube up every morning because I know rng is gonna fuck me in the ass all day.