Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Nobody is going to claim he's some kind of saint, but Syria under him was much better than Iraq/Afghan/Libya are right now. Hell it was better than Saudi Arabia, Qatar, etc are right now. And can be again.

Just because the current regime staying in power isn't the perfect result doesn't mean it isn't by far the best one.
    He sincerely does not know what was Syria before this compared to the likes say of Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And since when has UN backing mattered for anything?

China and Russia are global rogues, trampling international norms...

I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully...
    All in the same post.

This is why we laugh at team 'murica bs narratives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    All in the same post.

This is why we laugh at team 'murica bs narratives.
    A work of poetry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    He sincerely does not know what was Syria before this compared to the likes say of Qatar or Saudi Arabia.
    Either enlighten me with a coherent argument backed up with some sort of source or I'm simply going to refuse engaging you. Every time I try to discuss anything with you it degenerates into you making false assertions over and over laced with shit talk. You do nothing but posture as if you're making an argument and obfuscate. Prove me wrong or shut the hell up already.

Deleted
    A work of poetry.
    There was also this pearl

The War Criminal Vladmir Putin is a coward.

You can take to the bank that sometime in the next 15 years the US is going to bomb into oblivion some shit hole corner of the human race to relatively high domestic approval ratings but gutter global approval ratings. And you know what? From time to time that's perfectly acceptable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Either enlighten me with a coherent argument backed up with some sort of source or I'm simply going to refuse engaging you. Every time I try to discuss anything with you it degenerates into you making false assertions over and over laced with shit talk. You do nothing but posture as if you're making an argument and obfuscate. Prove me wrong or shut the hell up already.
    In order to have an educated discussion, you can't have one side absolutely and totally ignorant of the topic being discussed. Such arrogance. What makes you think you have the informations necessary to engage in an educated discussion about this particular topic?

10+ Year Old Account
    In order to have an educated discussion, you can't have one side absolutely and totally ignorant of the topic being discussed. Such arrogance. What makes you think you have the informations necessary to engage in an educated discussion about this particular topic?
    Perhaps you didn't read my post: make a coherent argument backed with a source or I'm simply going to ignore you.

Deleted
    Perhaps you didn't read my post: make a coherent argument backed with a source or I'm simply going to ignore you.
    My argument is clear. You have absolutely no knowledge of the country being discussed at all. You're arguing in favor of a total collapse of Syrian society, simply because you ignore what Syria is or better, used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My argument is clear. You have absolutely no knowledge of the country being discussed at all. You're arguing in favor of a total collapse of Syrian society, simply because you ignore what Syria is or better, used to be.
    I understand now why Hubcap just ignores you. All you do is shit talk and repeat yourself. You have no argument; only salt-encrusted insults because I refuse to accept your hilariously wrong interpretations of words. You're the kind of idiot that would argue that North Korea is democratic because it holds elections and has democratic in its name. Read a book for christ's sake.

Deleted
    I understand now why Hubcap just ignores you. All you do is shit talk and repeat yourself. You have no argument; only salt-encrusted insults because I refuse to accept your hilariously wrong interpretations of words. You're the kind of idiot that would argue that North Korea is democratic because it holds elections and has democratic in its name. Read a book for christ's sake.
    Hubcap doesn't ignore me. He's constantly pestering me at random.
    Dude... I made my argument. You shouldn't be engaging in a discussion at depth about a topic you have no clue of.
    Look, I don't give a flying fuck about your opinion. If you want to be the strong Internet guy then be stubborn, refuse to get an education on the topic, and keep bothering people with your ignorance every time you decide to approach the subject.
    Or you could start reading some, get your head together and come to a conclusion, which might even be completely opposite to mine but that's fine, as long as it's the product of research, and not a bunch of random shit thrown around to win the interwebz.

Your choice.
    Lol, North Korea? What's that next, you accusing me of being a muslim propagandist, terrorist supporter, liberal fascist, far left winger nutjob? Ahah

The Putinista troll strikes again. Sorry you had to go through that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The Putinista troll strikes again. Sorry you had to go through that.
    You show em, Obamanista troll.

Really. If there is one crackwhore of an idea that needs to be strangled to death, it's this delusion that "national image" gets you so much as a bucket of piss in international relations. It has enabled Obama to move America's agenda forward so little. Allies and enemies alike had to be cajoled and or threatened to cooperate on even the most routine of matters. Electorates across the world (particularly Europe) no longer protesting the US every March 19th helped the US in precisely zero ways.
    Is there anything specific about March 19th? I've read my share of history but the only thing that comes to mind is the (official) Nazi takeover of Hungary.

I would rather my country be perceived from time to time, as a global bully... as a violent and dangerous hegemon... as reckless and paranoid and disruptive... than as the doormat Obama's second term has made it. Powerful countries should walk that very narrow line - helpful and softspoken, but also ready to break every bone another country has and take everything it holds dear away from it. That is power. That is what the US has. That is what US leadership refuses to exercise because it doesn't care.
    So, back to the Big Stick?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    So, back to the Big Stick?
    It's called "overcompensating". I wouldn't pay that much attention to be honest.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2016-09-28 at 07:59 AM.

The UN seriously needs to be more of a non player than an actual force in politics. They are anti American in my opinion and need to be kicked out of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The UN seriously needs to be more of a non player than an actual force in politics. They are anti American in my opinion and need to be kicked out of the USA.
    The problem with the UN is really universal suffrage - every country has one vote, regardless of their capabilities, morals or criminal history. And then we end up with Saudi Arabia on the Human Rights committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The problem with the UN is really universal suffrage - every country has one vote, regardless of their capabilities, morals or criminal history. And then we end up with Saudi Arabia on the Human Rights committee.
    The UN is worthless and I don't want my tax dollars used to fund them. I want them out of the USA permanently.

Deleted
    The UN is worthless and I don't want my tax dollars used to fund them. I want them out of the USA permanently.
    Damn right! *lifts pint*

Finally something everyone can agree with!

Deleted
    No. Of course not. The War Criminal Vladmir Putin is a coward. His entire plan of action in Syria
    Skroe, do you beleve in "Equality before the law"?

Putin is a big jackal and a coward, he invade other countries, providing questionable regimes/groups with weapons etc but so do US, The end result is probably better then US do it compare to Russia, but it do not change the principle. Are you planing to start to call US Presidents war criminal to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Finally something everyone can agree with!
    Yes totaly paralyzed by Russia and US use of Veto. No wounder its krippled.