Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet Battles: Do you still bother?

I've always had a fairly steady income selling battle pets but I've noticed in the first month of the expansion that nothing is selling.

Are mats just simply too expensive for people to buy any battle pets anymore?

Do you still pet battle?

Do you find the pet battle content in Legion to be a bit lacking in substance?

Seems we had a fair amount of content introduced in WoD with Menagarie in the garrison and pet charms, etc.

Deleted
    I don't even know how to enter this new tournament thing in dalaran.

The engineering pet trigger costs 50 bloods. Yes 50, as well as brimstone. Yet it sells for maybe 5k at most.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    I've always had a fairly steady income selling battle pets but I've noticed in the first month of the expansion that nothing is selling.

Are mats just simply too expensive for people to buy any battle pets anymore?

Do you still pet battle?

Do you find the pet battle content in Legion to be a bit lacking in substance?

Seems we had a fair amount of content introduced in WoD with Menagarie in the garrison and pet charms, etc.
    Not to hate on pets at all, I'm a bit of a collector myself, only battling as far as to capture the ones in the wild, nothing more for battling's sake, but I feel that my primary concern is seeing the new content and leveling and getting my fill of end game content, and thinking about alts. After I am bored with all of those things I'll worry about other side content like pets and achievements.

Again nothing against pets at all, I actually love their implementation, but they have always been second-tier content for me.

Currently sitting at ~450 unique pets.

Nope. In WoD I leveled so many pets with the squirt garrison dailies that I don't even know what I have now. I get overwhelmed every time I try to make a team for a WQ daily. My current thought is that I have enough pets to do pretty much anything Blizzard decides to do next, even if it is a turbo version of the celestial tournament or something. No real motivation to keep catching new ones or level new ones. Maybe much later into the expansion when I am bored and have the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    I don't even know how to enter this new tournament thing in dalaran.
    There is no tournament. The random world quests ARE the 'tournament'.

10+ Year Old Account
    im still pet battling when i can, there is much more for me to do right now in Legion, then there was during 90% of WoD. that lack of things to do allowed me to pet battle more. however, i never buy battle pets. so considering the question asked in the op.. not sure im the target for the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I'm an obsessive pet battler, and there's just not much to do in Legion. I go back and beat the Panda/WoD trainers sometimes. *shrug*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    There is no tournament. The random world quests ARE the 'tournament'.
    And what's that stable thing with the npc on the right side of the underbelly entrance(warlock hall side) ?

I still bother, but its annoying that we don't have new levels for the pets or we don't have Epic pets we could make.

I think most people are just preoccupied with other legion content for now.
    Once things slow down I'm sure people will turn to pet battles and other vanity content that you do on droughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    I still bother, but its annoying that we don't have new levels for the pets or we don't have Epic pets we could make.

Blizz tried to add epic pet quality but people complained they had to make their hundreds of blue pets into epics now and that's to much effort so they decided against it, also that all new battles would be balanced around epic pets so it would be harder to get into.

I find pet battling to be a comparable alternative to questing from 100-110. I get about 10-12k xp per battle.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There's so much to do in Legion right now that pet battles are on the back burner. I will get around to them, but Im having fun chewing through the content.

I think Legion is lacking in new pet battle content. Not a huge concern since we have plenty of "real" content to work on. Once that's done, maybe we'll complain. Then again, maybe by that time, Blizzard will give us more pet battle content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a lot of fun traveling the world to catch them all when they were new. I had fun raising up "staple" pets for the Celestial Tournament.
    But along with a lot of other things, it all went downwards with WoD. That stupid elekk plushie threw me off for some reason. I don't think I'll ever do its achievement.
    Legion is a good expansion but it's digging its own grave regarding battle pets I think. The "rematch" achievements to defeat all opponents with specific types of pets wouldn't be bad if the grand master tamers weren't always the same, day by day.
    Same reason I find the Pocket Pet Portal stupid. I do all pet battling dailies every day and yet I'm still stuck on a 1000 pets maximum. My bank alt is a living menagerie because of how many pet cages he has. This is not so funny anymore and risks going the same crappy route as archaeology.

there's an item that raises the cap to 1500 now, isn't there? I'm not in danger of hitting the 1000 cap anytime soon, but that's because I only keep one of each pet around

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    there's an item that raises the cap to 1500 now, isn't there? I'm not in danger of hitting the 1000 cap anytime soon, but that's because I only keep one of each pet around
    Same, unless they're for certain teams. I used to catch multiple breeds or skins, but now I'll just keep the unique skin or best breed if I actually use it.

If I find a wild pet that I don't have already, I'll capture it.

Other than that I'm just casually going after some achievements. Doing world quests that involve the NPCs that count towards the family familiar achievement and any world quests that I haven't completed yet.

I only bother with Pet Battles once ive finished 'progressing'.
    Could be why theres a massive drop in pet sales, people see it as an afterthought to their characters progression and wont pick it up until they are done grinding gear/rep/raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I pet battle, but I'm casual with it. I never buy pets off the AH.