Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MkGuyver View Post
    u know ppl can delete their keystone to get a new one next week right?
    What? That isn't accurate at all. You get a new keystone the next week based on the difficulty of the one you completed in the week before. My keystone that I had was a depleted Arcway rank 4 but my guild group I ran with cleared Mythic 8 Maw of Souls. I didn't get a mythic 3 for my keystone, I got a mythic 6 for what I had cleared the week before. You can't "delete" your keystone to get a new one. The only way you can get a new +2 is if you just don't do ANY mythic+ for an entire week. You won't get a box and you'll get a +2 on the completion of your first mythic for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacpierre View Post
    they modeled this after D3 but there are surprisingly few similarities.
    Good.

If this is supposed to be similar to a raid
    It's not. The margin of error/profit is razor thin. You can't keep trying, you need to have a good reliable group because the rewards are substantially higher per minute spent in the instance.

It's a very tight rope walk, designed for mature players who are skilled but don't have all night to throw away on mouth-breathers and key-turners who can't be bothered to learn the fight.

Happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No it doesn't reset. When you can't complete it and you're done you get a new keystone the next week which is a couple levels lower.

Isn't the keystone you receive based on your best completed dungeon? So if you receive a +6 keystone and you cannot do it, you won't receive anything from the box next week and it'll reset.

That's obviously ignoring the ability to run on other people's keys, which OP seems to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was all excited for these. I ran a fair amount last week, enjoyed them all. Come to find out I am stuck with my 1 keystone and it is a higher level. This severely limits the number of dungeons that will be able to be run this week, and that number will only get smaller. They like to claim they modeled this after D3 but there are surprisingly few similarities.

If this is supposed to be similar to a raid, in a raid you get a fresh instance every week. My keystone should be like my raid instance, and it should be fresh each week. I should have to fight my way up the ranks, not be kept out of them because I've beaten it once. It'd be like saying that because you are doing mythic Emerald Nightmare you are not allowed to do normal or heroic. Why do they think this is a good idea? And please, don't give me some gear based reason. having your keystone start at 2 every week wouldn't give that much more loot that it matters. My main issue is what will happen 5 or 10 weeks from now, when everyones keystones are upgraded and people are getting stuck into one mythic+ a week because they can't beat it and there is no real reason to run regular mythics. It was great the first week, but it seems like it's going to run out of steam quickly.
    The keystone is a Diablo 3 feature.

They probably thought that would be a nice addition for dungeons to have more replay value and in fact it sounds like it can work pretty well.

I have been keeping an eye on the dungeons just for this feature that supposedly according to Blizzard will be a "true alternate path to raiding".

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Good.

It's not. The margin of error/profit is razor thin. You can't keep trying, you need to have a good reliable group because the rewards are substantially higher per minute spent in the instance.

It's a very tight rope walk, designed for mature players who are skilled but don't have all night to throw away on mouth-breathers and key-turners who can't be bothered to learn the fight.

Happy hunting.
    Not only is your opinion elitist, it is wrong. Raiding can go extremely quickly and provide a lot of loot. It doesn't demand all night, or many many nights. A typical higher mythic+ is going to run a good 30 minutes. A full group rotation will put you around 3 hours with travel time between dungeons and what not. That is pretty standard for a lot of raid nights. Don't spread lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Isn't the keystone you receive based on your best completed dungeon? So if you receive a +6 keystone and you cannot do it, you won't receive anything from the box next week and it'll reset.

That's obviously ignoring the ability to run on other people's keys, which OP seems to be.
    I never made it sound like you couldn't run on other peoples keystones. My point was quite clear. if you have a premade group, the amount of runs you will get is severely restricted each week. You are punished for performing well. These dungeons will quickly be gated by gear.

I'm a bit unclear on how you get higher + keystones, is it just RNG?

I had a +2 Lair key in my bag all last week, which wound up never being used (though I did participate in several other + runs that used other people's keys. On today's reset, my existing key was removed and replaced with a +2 BRH one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm a bit unclear on how you get higher + keystones, is it just RNG?

I had a +2 Lair key in my bag all last week, which wound up never being used (though I did participate in several other + runs that used other people's keys. On today's reset, my existing key was removed and replaced with a +2 BRH one.
    It depends on the highest cleared Mythic+ you did in the week before. You don't have to use your own keystone, you just have to clear a Mythic+ dungeon. It doesn't even matter if you finish it within time or not, you only need to beat it. The new keystone you get is however a bit lower (I think they said it's around 75% - so if you finished a +8 dungeon as your highest you would get a +6 keystone - even if your own keystone in that week was only +3).

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    No because you still did it. It isn't based on what your timer is. If you run a mythic plus 15 as your only mythic plus for the week and you get the loot at the end then that's what it counts as. The timer is literally only there to tell you if you're allowed to go to a higher level or not. "Clearing" doesn't mean going to the next level it's just literally what you've cleared. Killing the last boss no matter what counts as a clear.

is this legit ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kon01 View Post

I have been keeping an eye on the dungeons just for this feature that supposedly according to Blizzard will be a "true alternate path to raiding".
    it wont be unless you are extremly skilled player - if someone has average of below average skills raiding will be still way to go for them.

Your key does no tget "reset" each week.

I never said you get locked out

I know you can join others. You clearly can't see the problem. That isn't my fault.

Eventually, everyone will have higher keystones. They will start each week not at +2, but +5,6,7,8,9. they will run out of lower dungeons to run and be locked into only a few depending on their gear/skill. The pool of people to pug and the amount of dungeons run will very rapidly fall off.
    I stand corrected.

What he's saying is kind of true, even if it's in an a bit confusing way. Take my group for example, we run double hunter, mage, pala tank and priest healer, with this we pretty much had no problem with the skittish affix last week and managed to clear a +9 in time and to at least clear a +10. This then left us all with +8 raging necrotic keys this week which is extremely hard for us to complete with our setup, pretty much on par with how difficult the +10 was last week.

While I can understand they don't want you to go all the way down to +2 again if you did a +10, giving the option of jumping down more than just 2 levels would be nice so you don't get screwed over by combinations that are really hard for your setup.

Really this is a real gripe? That you cant farm easy content repeatedly for a chance at RNG upgraded loot? You want to farm shit that easier than what your capable of because that's fun? How in the fuck is that fun.

Heres my thing. Running stuff that I steam roll is not enjoyable for me. I ran Normal ED last week because I had never done it, i really enjoyed it. I got to see a new layout, gave me an idea of mechanics, all in all a very good and enjoyable experience. This week I ran it for loot. It was boring, not engaging and basically just something to do.

Mythic + is the same thing. Mythic 2, hell even Mythic 4 were not challenging if you had a decent group it was just a loot farm. Even 5 or 6 can be done without much trouble in a decent PUG. In this game your going to run things repeatedly thats how it is, but why not run things repeatedly that are engaging and fun. Say you start the week out with a rank 7 keystone. That's the bar, you get 1 reset essentially to get more loot to help you with "progression". Then your on to something you may or may not be able to make and have to work for it. Even if you fail at that level you get a chest and some loot, and a depleted keystone. Now you say that its no fun because your limited on how much you can run....No in fact your not, your limited in how much loot you can farm. You can still take your depleted keystone and run that motherfucker over and over until your eyes bleed, you just wont get any loot, but if you win...Its no longer depleted and you can try and get loot out of the next level.

So if you want to be salty that you cant RNG farm loot out of low Mythic + then make your post called "Cant farm easy loot from low Mythic + and its terrible". If your playing this game just to farm loot then your doing it wrong. Take your depleted keystone and go in there with your friends and blast, get better skill wise, improve ordination between your group, have a blast and earn the loot.

Game still knows what you completed so this is false. Your new keystone is based off your chest.

Haha, so many being rude to the op. I just think he explained it badly. I get his point, maybe some of you guys should read it again.

All he is asking for is why you are forced to do the Mythic+ you did last week. It is very hard to find a pug for +7 Mythics. Lets say u run with your friends 1 week and you are doing great. But next week some of your friends are offline or dont have time to run with you then you are forced to run with a pug, and they will most likely not perform as well as your friends. Why not just start on +2 so everybody can get a ''chance'' and people who want's to aim for higher + have to work their way up, or maybe just make the system so you can either keep your previous ranked key or you can delete it and get a completely new one.

There is nothing wrong with that question AT ALL.

Deleted
    I was all excited for these. I ran a fair amount last week, enjoyed them all. Come to find out I am stuck with my 1 keystone and it is a higher level. This severely limits the number of dungeons that will be able to be run this week, and that number will only get smaller. They like to claim they modeled this after D3 but there are surprisingly few similarities.

If this is supposed to be similar to a raid, in a raid you get a fresh instance every week. My keystone should be like my raid instance, and it should be fresh each week. I should have to fight my way up the ranks, not be kept out of them because I've beaten it once. It'd be like saying that because you are doing mythic Emerald Nightmare you are not allowed to do normal or heroic. Why do they think this is a good idea? And please, don't give me some gear based reason. having your keystone start at 2 every week wouldn't give that much more loot that it matters. My main issue is what will happen 5 or 10 weeks from now, when everyones keystones are upgraded and people are getting stuck into one mythic+ a week because they can't beat it and there is no real reason to run regular mythics. It was great the first week, but it seems like it's going to run out of steam quickly.
    ,,War drums the back dum dum " guess what ? I will be good uncle and save all , if you run regular mythic before open mythic weekly chest in order hall ,you get a brand new shiny lvl 2 keystone.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get a key for one that is 75% of what you did before, rounded up. So if you did a +10, you get a +8, and if you did a +6, you get a +5, and so on.

This way you don't have to keep doing the low leveled ones to get up to where you belong, you can start off at pretty much the level you belong in

I have to say that I'm also pretty disappointed with the Mythic+ system right now. I envisioned a thing where you potentially have quite a bit of content to run that's challenging and fun, but... it doesn't seem to be playing out that way. The fact that you get exactly one attempt, starting from the moment you put in your key, creates up with a system that is very PUG-unfriendly and prone to trolling and finger-pointing. If somebody screws up somehow, you should be able to just try again like you can with basically any other content in the game, but in the current Mythic+ model everybody just ends up upset with each other because the keystone is already depleted by that point, and nobody really wants to join a depleted keystone run.

The sad fact of the matter is that this is just another content path for people in Heroic or Mythic raiding guilds who have a large supply of dependable people to pull into a run. Those people are obviously fine with the system, because it's designed for them. If you're not in a large guild and occasionally have to bring in PUG's, then it becomes very unforgiving.

Deleted
    y keystones at all? y not choose M+difficulty via menu, itz legit for LFD (nhc/hc). keystones also waste a precious inventory slot.

I see OPs point but don't think it's really gonna be a huge issue. Think about it, all these lvl 2 carry runs that at best yield 3 chests mean the key stone will go to lvl 5. Assuming these carries won't have enough to go any higher, guess at what lvl their next weeks key will be? Back to 2 (assuming the -3 reduction happens at low lvl keystones as well).

Secondly, in time there will be less people interested in doing carries (i.e. more people with their own legendaries, people decked out in 860+ gear from heroics/mythic raids). This IMO is going to counter the reduction of available lvl 2 stones (less demand).

Lastly, in time your average ilvl throughout the border will increase, as well with stam from higher traits. This will make so keystone lvl 4 or perhaps 5 will be equivalent to our current lvl 2 in terms of difficulty. Granted affixes can kick in and make it harder for ur regular pug, but again with enough gear, stam things will feel as easy.

Personally I'm absolutely loving the new system. Getting a feel of high difficulty (heck, lvl 9 wardens was very rough last night with a pug) and progression from a 5 man was something I really craved and missed in this game. GG blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    ... creates up with a system that is very PUG-unfriendly and prone to trolling and finger-pointing ...
    Agree. In mythic raids you can fail as much as you can till you kill the boss and get loot. I don't honestly get why the stone has to get depleted if you don't finish the place. I'm fine with not giving you an upgrade if you don't beat the timer, fair game, but if you happen to pug a bad healer or even if one of your guildies DC (say, a tank or healer and can't come back) you are now pretty much forced to leave and not get loot EVER from that keystone. IMO this is bad design.

Not to mention there's always going to be a fresh pool of toons that are still gearing up newly-minted 110s, as well as people who take time off from the game for a week+ for real life reasons, and will be back at M+2 when they return. It's only the relatively small pool of dedicated players that will be continually keeping up high keystones.

If you're still trying to run M+2s in 7.1, 7.2, etc., you just might have to run with filthy casuals more. Quelle horreur!