Maybe high crit + spectral deflection?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by rawcode View Post
    How does this Blood DK get 90% of his healing from Bone Shield?

warcraftlogs .com/reports/Xy9WtnLzBkb28ZKh#source=1&fight=33&type=summary

He is spec'd Skeletal Shattering, but no one else has numbers like that that. He is 3k into versatility, does it boost the 8% absorb?

edit: sorry for the url, I am not allowed to post links yet.
    He was at full hp about 98% of the time so everything except boneshield was counted as overhealing and not added in.

edit: Actually while that may be true, there is something else funky going on. It's saying the average bone shield absorb is 583k which is way too high, that would require a normal mode boss to have regular melee hits for 3M which isn't happening. It's five or six times higher than any other log I looked at. Something is giving him 100% bone shield absorbs on that fight, his bone shields are normal on other fights.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2016-09-27 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    Why, oh god why the fuck is the goddamn necklace even in the loot pool for legendary drops as a tank... the worst possible stats and a completely useless effect. Meanwhile, our DH-tank got his BiS ring for Vengeance and his BiS bracers for Havoc.

Guys, i haven't seen BDK on any boss in mythic EN (wowprogress). Only VDH, Pala, warriors and druids.
    Why blizz nerfed us before release?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by farza View Post
    Guys, i haven't seen BDK on any boss in mythic EN (wowprogress). Only VDH, Pala, warriors and druids.
    Why blizz nerfed us before release?
    Twice. 20->16 on boner shield and bb lost 39% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Twice. 20->16 on boner shield and bb lost 39% damage.
    the 20>16% nerf on Bone shield was such a joke... AND to top it off it was made during the pre-patch, even more laughable. I seem to recall Bone shield being 25% on alpha/beta at some point and Skeletal shattering made it 50% trololol 8%

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Most of the complains i'm reading here are really stupid and clueless:

-Low damage: Tanks are pretty much equal, with paladins and bears playing in cat form when not tanking being ahead ,
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...nks&dataset=95 , and dks have ways to do insane damage even if it's risky (like taking both debuffs on ursoc and using blood mirror), i don't really see any reason to complain here
    For calling people stupid and clueless, you have a pretty poor understanding of statistics. You're linking the aggregrate parses at the 95th percentile for all Mythic bosses. Mythic has been out for less than a day. There are less than 30 parses TOTAL for each tank at this level. That tiny sample size doesn't mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    For calling people stupid and clueless, you have a pretty poor understanding of statistics. You're linking the aggregrate parses at the 95th percentile for all Mythic bosses. Mythic has been out for less than a day. There are less than 30 parses TOTAL for each tank at this level. That tiny sample size doesn't mean shit.
    . . . Look at the date on that post. It didn't link to mythic when the post was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    . . . Look at the date on that post. It didn't link to mythic when the post was made.
    You're right, my bad. My apologies to the original dude that I quoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems like rune tap no longer has a cd accordin to front page

even tho i would rather have a mastery or bone shield buff/fix thats a step into right direction
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2016-09-29 at 12:20 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    New patch notes are out. No fixes or changes for pve blood.
    I'm starting to lose hope, I don't really wanto to spend the entirety of EN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    New patch notes are out. No fixes or changes for pve blood.
    I'm starting to lose hope, I don't really wanto to spend the entirety of EN like this.
    Yeah it's zero percent fun and completely ruins the spec for me.

Looks like Rune Tap no longer has a recharge, but I don't feel like that really helps us much as the problem wasn't that you couldn't spam Rune Tap, it was that you have to give up Foul Bulwark for only a 25% DR that costs a rune. I guess at least it gives me hope that they are actually looking at Blood.. but pointless changes like this still give me the impression they actually have no idea what is wrong with the spec. We need a baseline damage reduction CD, not "improvements" to the talented one (unless those improvements are absolutely MASSIVE).

On another note - anyone here get some pulls on M Nythendra? Any tips on managing tank stacks of the debuff? We've tried a bunch of different timings to have one tank get MC'd in a 'controlled' way but always get boned by the MC into immediate Volatile Rot combo when the other tank is MC'd.
    Last edited by siyX-; 2016-09-29 at 03:29 AM.

The Rune Tap change is such a bad joke. So the new rotation for progress raiding will be Marrowrend to build charges and Rune Tap instead of Heartstrike to get us closer to bear/warrior/paladin mitigation? Uhm.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    I'm considering just sitting it out until the mucht-too-late tank balancing patch, that will fail to address any of the problems the BDK has. The current design team is absolutely set in their "vision" of the blood DK, no matter how much the community tells them it's awful. They flat-out told the people on the beta forums to stop posting about how bad having Death Strike on RP was.

I have little hope they will suddenly see the light and make sensible design-choices. They're looking at BDKs cheesing trivial content and think he's fine, while he's desperately struggling where it actually matters.

Deleted
    I agree with you guys. The Rune Tap change is just...lol. Blizz can't understand we're COMPLETELY "capped" from Marrowrend and HS in terms of rune spending.
    Despite having defended Blood during the whole beta and most of the release, I'm starting to see what beta players meant when they were saying the spec was horrible.

Knowing our balancing history over the span of several expansion, I fear Blizz will take ages before they start to look seriously at dks, and of course it will be just number tuning anyways, if they ever bother.

Rune tap can't have a resource cost.
    2 charges, 25 second recharge, no cost.
    But we don't need rune tap, we need bone shield not to be completely ruined by dots/aura pulses.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-29 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Rune tap can't have a resource cost.
    2 charges, 25 second recharge, no cost.
    But we don't need rune tap, we need bone shield not to be completely ruined by dots/aura pulses.
    I think a small change would make us good and give us meaningful choices and much needed tools to handle current tier mechanics (without sacrificing Foul Bulwark).

Rune Tap should be Runic Tap. Instead of spending a single rune (which generates 10RP) for 3 seconds of mitigation, Runic Tap would cost 20 RP and last for 6 seconds.

And fix Bone Shield ICD for the love of god.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

7+ Year Old Account
    Rune Tap change is good - it makes you think about drop Ossuary and Foul Bulwark. I mean without those 2 talents there zero reasons keep bone shield above 4 stacks. So you have free runes for HS or Rune Tap.

PS - Blood its not so bad. I just did mythic +8 with enrage at 30% for trash. We made it in time and i could even solo last 8% of Rokmora (my party wiped lolz). Besides we still best tanks for skittish.

DH has no probs with Skittish, permanent ticking fire damage glues mobs to them well. We are just as good for it though.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>