Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I thought Windfury was boosted to a 20% chance to proc?

I'm looking in my spell book right now and it says 13% chance...doesn't feel like 20% either...not noticing any boosts in maelstrom generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I'm looking in my spell book right now and it says 13% chance...doesn't feel like 20% either...not noticing any boosts in maelstrom generation.
    Hotfixes never update the tooltips, it seems.

And Tooltips are rarely ever correct to begin with. :S
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

an ddd there in testinggg anddd if they do go live it will be this tue hehe

Deleted
    Changes don't go live till maintenance on tuesday/wednesday.

It's not the biggest buff if you properly took advantage of the OH proccing Doom Winds bug anyway.

Base was 10% right? So now 20% plus mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Hotfixes never update the tooltips, it seems.

And Tooltips are rarely ever correct to begin with. :S
    Since 7.0 they do update.

Deleted
    people should learn to read, even patchnotes/hotfixes. Because it clearly states that the hotfixes are applied on the next server maintenance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyarai View Post
    Changes don't go live till maintenance on tuesday/wednesday.

It's not the biggest buff if you properly took advantage of the OH proccing Doom Winds bug anyway.
    It is barely a buff at all.I played the best way possible and thus means that i also lose a lot of damage via doom winds nerf/bugfix.

Deleted
    Yeah people should really lern to read cause they fixxed only that special attacks with offhand doesnt triggers Doomwinds anymore but this isnt a nerf in PvE cause its only relevant if you Spam LL during doomwinds is activ. Good Shamans doenst Spam LL anytime. So the only thing is that tomorrow Windfury will procc 20%+ Mastery (26% in my case). For me pure dps push

Deleted
    It also affects Stormstrikeoffhand. It means you deal less damage during DW AND lose some SB procs during DW.

Spaming LL during DW was optimal. So a lot of top players did this. For them there is at best a small buff. Less burst, more sustained. More RNG during DW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    It is barely a buff at all.I played the best way possible and thus means that i also lose a lot of damage via doom winds nerf/bugfix.
    I think it might be a bigger buff than you think. It was done to address the Lava Lash/Doom Winds bug, which was silly anyways, but increasing the overall proc chance of Windfury can be pretty potent. And I'm not even thinking damage here.

Having more Windfury procs during times without cooldowns means a smoother maelstrom generation. After the hotfix goes live, 1/5 of your main hand attacks will generate +15 Maelstrom (plus whatever you get from mastery). More consistent MS generation can lead us to interesting gameplay changes down the road.

We should see a slightly bigger bonus from haste when it comes to MS generation, because our base chance to proc WF is higher. You might see your overall MS generation drop when the hotfix goes live, but our scaling will be improved in the long run.

I did a bit of math, and using my measly stats, when the hotfix goes live and I go from a base 10% WF chance to 20% (and is it really 10% currently? I though that change was planned for 7.1 originally, according to Wowhead), I am looking at roughly 0.66 extra maelstrom each second, or 39.6 MS per minute, just from auto attacks. And this is just for me. What can you do with an additional 40 MS each minute? Quite a lot, I imagine.

It could be an additional Lava Lash each minute. It could keep you away from being MS starved if you are a little bit too lucky with Stormbringer procs. It could also mean that you have more than enough MS to go around, which would open up for interesting talent options.

The first thing I'll do when the hotfixes go live is to test a Swiftness/Fury of Air build - if it will allow me to have Fury of Air enabled at all times, and still do Crash Lightning as much as I do now, we should be looking at a pretty significant damage bonus, as long as the extra haste (and damage from both FoA and untalented Crash Lightning) can outweigh the damage we lose from Hailstorm.

It bugs me how little people know about their spec. This is an excellent buff, BECAUSE WINDFURY PROCS STORMBRINGER. Your maelstrom generation is going to be improved during the downtime of doomwinds obviously, but you're also proccing stormbringer more, and think about the synergy and everything that procs off stormbringer, such as the 30% haste.

This is going to be really help out the feast and famine playstyle, and create more consistency throughout the rotation. Personally, I hate relying on lengthy cooldowns, I'll take the consistency out of doomwinds over the small burst during doomwinds any day.
    Last edited by Cutmyself; 2016-09-27 at 11:20 AM.

It's updated now, I'm seeing 24% chance. Seems to help a great deal with maelstrom gen but I've only tested it in a H so far.

Lightbulb

how its live? they told hotfixes will apply after reset?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxxer View Post
    how its live? they told hotfixes will apply after reset?
    Its live on US, not on EU. We gotta wait until tomorrow
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Helps if you read all the info in the Blue Post:

"...All of these class changes will be applied during the next scheduled weekly maintenance period in each region. Note that there are also a number of PvP-specific changes, which are noted separately below..."

Which means that this will go into affect as of 6:00/AM PDT today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    people should learn to read, even patchnotes/hotfixes. Because it clearly states that the hotfixes are applied on the next server maintenance.
    Well I was tired, was late, and I hadn't played my shaman in a few days...but you're perfect, am I right?

went live today, tooltips are updates. It's quite a big buff to dps tbh. My numbers rose quite a lot, pretty happy with the buff overall.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    It's updated now, I'm seeing 24% chance. Seems to help a great deal with maelstrom gen but I've only tested it in a H so far.
    Aye, I saw 24% as well and thought, "Well, that's weird." and then looked at my Mastery and saw that the reason it was reading 24% instead of the base 20% was that it apparently adds that the extra proc percentage to the tooltip automagically.

its in effect, i now have 25% chance for wf proc