Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    More to the point attainimg 1 million dollars and the presidency are at least in theory achievablr through effort and determination even if its not true in practice. The legendaries cannot be obtained in a similar fashion.

Rathee than debate various arguments about the system being fixed or what constitutea random i think threads like this.expose a fundamental dislike and distrust of non deterministic systems.

Like i said in that other thread it doesnt feel like these items are rare. It just feels like everyone else has got one because all people do is talk about how they got one. I was under the impression they werensupposed to he rare but on thisnforum youd think it rained orange.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-09-27 at 08:10 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    "You guys"? I'm not sure what group you're referring to.

It is random. It really is. It's far easier to make things random with a chance than it is to find a way to ensure x-number-of-people get it.
    The whole "it's RNG crowd", which you seems to squarely belong to. You claimed it was RNG the last time around, it turned out it was indeed broken. They implimented a fix supposedly, yet people who have legendaries have gotten their third and fourth if not fifth while everyone else isn't getting any at all.

The statistic likelihood of this happening, much less on such a widespread base is very, very, very, very small. Almost neglibel so. Coupled with the admitted issues it seems right now as if they did not actually fix the issue yet and the people who received an item retained their steep increased chance to receive additionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    A 1-in-20 chance is not a guarantee for every 20 rolls you all make. Same goes for a >3% drop chance, it doesn't mean you're guaranteed anything after however many hundred runs.
    The chance for the same play to roll a 20 5 times in a row straight, is exceedingly small. The likelihood of it happening to the same few players over and over again is pretty much non existant. And there lies the problem. If everyone had the same chance to roll a 20, you'd eventually see things even out especially with so many people rolling the dice. You wouldn't see a huge spike of 20s concentrated on a few players who had initially rolled a 20.

Blizzard themselves admitted there was a bug, which basically meant their cube wasn't 1-20. It was 18-20. Which means they had a vastly higher chance to roll 20s ending with them rolling more 20s than others. They claimed this was fixed. Yet every shred of evidence that is coming out, the continuing pattern of this still occuring and the same people receiving their fourth and fifth legendary before anyone else gets their first (and thus who get their first often in short order getting 1-2 more) points towards the cube still being bugged.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-27 at 11:43 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Lmao the game is man made it is coded by man and you think its 100% random
    ...You don't think humans can create an engine to produce random outputs? Hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The whole "it's RNG crowd", which you seems to squarely belong to. You claimed it was RNG the last time around, it turned out it was indeed broken. They implimented a fix supposedly, yet people who have legendaries have gotten their third and fourth if not fifth while everyone else isn't getting any at all.

The statistic likelihood of this happening, much less on such a widespread base is very, very, very, very small. Almost neglibel so. Coupled with the admitted issues it seems right now as if they did not actually fix the issue yet and the people who received an item retained their steep increased chance to receive additionals.

The chance for the same play to roll a 20 5 times in a row straight, is exceedingly small. The likelihood of it happening to the same few players over and over again is pretty much non existant. And there lies the problem. If everyone had the same chance to roll a 20, you'd eventually see things even out especially with so many people rolling the dice. You wouldn't see a huge spike of 20s concentrated on a few players who had initially rolled a 20.

Blizzard themselves admitted there was a bug, which basically meant their cube wasn't 1-20. It was 18-20. Which means they had a vastly higher chance to roll 20s ending with them rolling more 20s than others. They claimed this was fixed. Yet every shred of evidence that is coming out, the continuing pattern of this still occuring and the same people receiving their fourth and fifth legendary before anyone else gets their first (and thus who get their first often in short order getting 1-2 more) points towards the cube still being bugged.
    What you don't seem to get is that quite a few people that are saying that it's still RNG, myself and Darsithis included, aren't denying that the bug is not in. I even think it still is. Bit it does not change the fact that it is still RNG. With the bug, people are rolling a d10 to try and get a 1 if they have a legendary, otherwise everyone else is rolling a d20. Still random, just a higher chance of getting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    What you don't seem to get is that quite a few people that are saying that it's still RNG, myself and Darsithis included, aren't denying that the bug is not in. I even think it still is. Bit it does not change the fact that it is still RNG. With the bug, people are rolling a d10 to try and get a 1 if they have a legendary, otherwise everyone else is rolling a d20. Still random, just a higher chance of getting it.
    Except their chance is about ten times higher if not more. Going "IT'S RNG MAN!" is completely pointless by then. When someone pushes a button and either gets an X or O that is RNG but it's not the same RNG as someone rolling a dice with 300 sides hoping to get a 300. Both are technically RNG, both of them are vastly different and thus claiming they're RNG and therefore everything is fine is simply untrue.

With my luck, I already made my peace with the fact I will not have even one legendary this Xpac, forget 2,3...

10+ Year Old Account
    Except their chance is about ten times higher if not more. Going "IT'S RNG MAN!" is completely pointless by then. When someone pushes a button and either gets an X or O that is RNG but it's not the same RNG as someone rolling a dice with 300 sides hoping to get a 300. Both are technically RNG, both of them are vastly different and thus claiming they're RNG and therefore everything is fine is simply untrue.
    The dice was only an analogy. It's probably closer to 1:10000 vs 1:1000, regardless no one knows what the original drop chances are and no one knows what they become with the bug. All we know is that it's dramatically higher. And either getting an X or O without any basis of chances for both is pointless. Just saying. 1:300 has a clear statistical chance (ignoring outside factors).

Side Note: I do find it amusing that all of the reports started rolling in after the 20th, the week that Mythic+ dungeons are available. How many of the people complaining that they don't have a legendary yet have actually been running them consistently enough? All of the reports that I remember seeing so far are of people getting multiples from M+ dungeons.

You're pretty much arguing with yourself when you bring up points that I didn't make whatsoever, then address them as though I was making any statements on low chance rates in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Side Note: I do find it amusing that all of the reports started rolling in after the 20th, the week that Mythic+ dungeons are available. How many of the people complaining that they don't have a legendary yet have actually been running them consistently enough? All of the reports that I remember seeing so far are of people getting multiples from M+ dungeons.
    Well, people getting them from Mythic+ frequently shouldn't surprise anyone. It's very easy to get +3 chests off Maw of Souls level 2. Blizzard stated that the harder the content was, the higher the drop rate. That puts Mythic+ towards the top and it can be spammed all day.

But, like you mentioned, I'm also curious how many of these "I'm not getting a legendary" people have actually been spamming them. There's no way we're ever going to have the statistic for that, but it's definitely crossed my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You're pretty much arguing with yourself when you bring up points that I didn't make whatsoever, then address them as though I was making any statements on low chance rates in the game.
    Obviously you didn't bring up my points, my points were mainly meant to torpedo your false claims that everyone was playing by the same rules. We have it from Blizzard themselves that this was NOT the case. Therefore your entire analogy falls flat to begin with. Especially since you go out of your way on purpose to ignore that we have decent enough evidence that the bug remains active and wasn't fixed thus your entire post is moot.

People get frustrated mostly because they don't understand RNG (bugged or not), and people are using made-up numbers not based on real stats and math.

If everyone had the same chance to roll a 20, you'd eventually see things even out especially with so many people rolling the dice. You wouldn't see a huge spike of 20s concentrated on a few players who had initially rolled a 20.
    It's actually opposite, the more players there are rolling, the more likely it is that someone gets very very lucky. Example: infinite number of players rolling -> someone would roll 20 every time million times in a row.

If you check from wowprogress the players who have ilvl 870+, you'll notice that about 99% of them has already got legendary. This just proves that at highest level the drop rate is really high, even if you never had 1 before. It wouldn't be surprising if someone got 8+ already. Getting a legendary is easier than ever, if you're good. Rest of us need to get lucky or wait a little longer than 1 month..

Obviously you didn't bring up my points, my points were mainly meant to torpedo your false claims that everyone was playing by the same rules. We have it from Blizzard themselves that this was NOT the case. Therefore your entire analogy falls flat to begin with. Especially since you go out of your way on purpose to ignore that we have decent enough evidence that the bug remains active and wasn't fixed thus your entire post is moot.
    You realize that I specifically addressed and quoted 'This. Is. Not. RNG'. There's nothing to read into here. I'm not even talking about Blizzard's bugged system; even if it were bugged it doesn't mean RNG no longer exists. It is still RNG, despite the higher or lower chances anyone else has.

If you read into my example and call it 'false claims', then you're projecting an unrelated situation into an otherwise simple description of RNG. Your problem not mine.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-28 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    And this is why Legendary items should never again be rng. Rng is fun for a while but for the most time it's damn annoying - especially if it's for something ppl find essencial for their character progress.

Rng is 100% for cosmetic stuff but for essencial gear not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Well, people getting them from Mythic+ frequently shouldn't surprise anyone. It's very easy to get +3 chests off Maw of Souls level 2. Blizzard stated that the harder the content was, the higher the drop rate. That puts Mythic+ towards the top and it can be spammed all day.

But, like you mentioned, I'm also curious how many of these "I'm not getting a legendary" people have actually been spamming them. There's no way we're ever going to have the statistic for that, but it's definitely crossed my mind.
    I've run at least 30 Mythic + Dungeons. From 2-5. I don't have one
    Guildie i ran with last night ran her 4th and got one.
    Another ran with us got one out of her Class Hall + Chest today.
    Needless to say... I'm salty.

We got legendaries in our guild, but on Alt characters.... I don't have any myself (I'm not very lucky with these kind of things).
    But if feels as the game is made for you to have legendary items, or else why would we have a Class Hall perk that allows us to have 1 more legendary equipped. I hope we'll get a free one eventually (via quest) that would be available for all at some point. It just sucks for those that put effort into farming them without results, while someone gets it without paying attention/farming for it. Its frustrating, no wonder why people get salty. As for me I wish I could have one, but I don't really care, I'd rather have a 895 Titan Forged piece at the moment

Yeah-- who trusts blizzard anymore, honestly.

They've broken that trust on far too many occasions to be given trust on their word.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Yeah-- who trusts blizzard anymore, honestly.

They've broken that trust on far too many occasions to be given trust on their word.
    And then there's people like this that don't contribute anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    I've run at least 30 Mythic + Dungeons. From 2-5. I don't have one
    Guildie i ran with last night ran her 4th and got one.
    Another ran with us got one out of her Class Hall + Chest today.
    Needless to say... I'm salty.
    Ouch, that really sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is RNG. There is no guarantee anyone will get one. It's possible to have very, very bad luck or luck that seems odd or coincidental. Our minds need to find a pattern, a reason to explain things even if one doesn't exist.

Also, what @Vegas82 said.
    As someone working in the IT industry you of all people should know that 'rng' does not exist in computers.

Deleted
    Blizzard said you'd have a Legendary by the time raids open, they then retracted that statement.
    They did say if you play a "good amount", which in blizzterms, is like 4hrs/day, cos thats pretty hardcore for them, and understandably so with the duties some people have.

SO yeah, blizz says much, changes even more, and doesnt do most of what they say