Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Pass. My guild played, got a couple firsts and came back to WoW. Why would I play a dead game anyway?
    Also, I like wow.
    lmao I knew you had the personality of a Wildstar player.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont see the problem considerin its purely cosmetic, if you reaaaaally want it then you do it, else keep crying i guess
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Frankly this isn't really an issue. Cosmetic skins for raiders only is completely understandable. What is an issue is requiring a raid, even in LFR, for the +20% mount speed, let alone flying later on.

While I don't care about this, as I said earlier, it is kind of asinine to make it doable on normal going by their defense of it. Should only be doable on Heroic or mythic, like the mounts, if that's the attitude. (If anything, it should have tints for all difficulty modes from normal on up, but whatever)

Some people defending it are kind of weird, too, talking about effort and whatnot. You know you secretly talk shit about normal, too, usually, some of the people.

Just be honest and say you only are being pro-that because you hate LFR and possibly also LFR players and just like that you have something you can throw in their face when they complain about it.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-09-28 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazorexplosion View Post
    lmao I knew you had the personality of a Wildstar player.
    *I* never played. My guild did.
    I know English is hard.

Also, I haven't even raided this expansion. Too busy doing rl things and I still think that cosmetics being available from LFR is retarded. You can get the hidden drop skins from LFR, is that not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Except next expansion I can go pug HFC and get those fancy shoulder pads in your sig. This sword is gone when legion is, which means despite killing the 8 world bosses required for one of the tints I still won't have my sword.
    uhh no its not, it will still be there.... as blizzard said, if they do make us no longer use the artifact apperances, we will unlock the apperances for transmog for whatever they have next expansion

*I* never played. My guild did.
    I know English is hard.

Also, I haven't even raided this expansion. Too busy doing rl things and I still think that cosmetics being available from LFR is retarded. You can get the hidden drop skins from LFR, is that not enough?
    You should play Wildstar, the people there are perfect for you and the game design is perfect for you. Also for some reason the game is free but still less popular than genital herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    might as well just make everything single player scenarios then cause theres already 0 loyalty and reason to talk to people
    If people wanted to talk and be social they would.

as posted about, and by ornyx, you can do the one by nightfallen in lfr, that is fine

but for the cosmetic skin you need to do normal, and thats fine, you should be glad its not "do heroic before the next raid teir" like the moose mount

Deleted
    Good. Go and actually talk to people who play a mass multi player game with you to help you reach your goal. This is not a single player game, I'm honestly astonished that with how terribly accessible and puggable normal is to people now that the plug on LFR wasn't pulled this expansion. Many people have pointed out that it promotes really bad mentality and mindsets among endgame players, and encourages the 'okay now I quit until next content patch' state of affairs.

Getting loot to get into normal is cake, Emerald nightmare is a fairly short raid. There's absolutely no reason not to shoot for normal as your step one into raiding.

The normal mode is legitimately easier than heroic, there are things on heroic you have to do a little differently to stay alive. There's no 'oh the numbers just go down a little', this time around. It feels a little more in line with where SoO flex mode was. And that's good.

So for the love of pete, don't be a chicken shit and pug normal, it'll be fine. And even if it's not fine, remember that lfr fails (somehow) too just due to morons, they are at every tier of raiding...yes even mythic, they get weeded out slowly, but they're there. You gotta wade through the morons to find the worthwhile and this is just a fact you deal with in every aspect of life. Ruining the social aspects of the game for the sake of a budget, tourist mode version of raiding is dumb. There's no fulfillment, there's no fanfare of 'yay you did it, you did a social and beat the goal, gg you'. It's just 'here's your souvenir loot, grats, you pressed a button to queue, good for you, now get out'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Frankly this isn't really an issue. Cosmetic skins for raiders only is completely understandable. What is an issue is requiring a raid, even in LFR, for the +20% mount speed, let alone flying later on.
    it has been confirmed that this is not the case, stop spreadin wrong rumors
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

why hasn't this thread been locked?... every 2 pages the argument repeats again.

i vote LFR to be deleted, but at the same time i just don't care. let the shitters get their quest items/etc from LFR. if they can't join a normal prog guild or even compete in a pug, it kinda tells the story of the type of player they are... as in starts playing an mmorpg where the aim of the game is in the genre, then refuse to do the mmo part lol *logic*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as posted about, and by ornyx, you can do the one by nightfallen in lfr, that is fine
    Yeah, well, that's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it. I'm sure it's also an opinion shared by other raiders, but actual raiders, those who raid with their guild or a raid group, are a minority in this game, and I'm pretty sure quite a big chunk of the people who go to LFR would rather not go there at all.

Blizzard is forcing people into a raid environment in order to get the +20% mount speed, and obviously flying later on, and I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people out there who don't think that's fine at all. I'm not sure what kind of changes they've had over there at Blizzard but it seems someone there definitely seems to have a hard on for raids.

But, this is off topic to this thread, so I suppose we can wait until the shit hits the fan about flying being gated behind raiding and discuss it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    it has been confirmed that this is not the case, stop spreadin wrong rumors
    Didn't someone just post a blue quote about the meta being able to be completed in LFR, hence it requires a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by lazorexplosion View Post
    You should play Wildstar, the people there are perfect for you and the game design is perfect for you. Also for some reason the game is free but still less popular than genital herpes.
    Wow's game design is perfect for me though. Why would I start over?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, well, that's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it. I'm sure it's also an opinion shared by other raiders, but actual raiders, those who raid with their guild or a raid group, are a minority in this game, and I'm pretty sure quite a big chunk of the people who go to LFR would rather not go there at all.

Blizzard is forcing people into a raid environment in order to get the +20% mount speed, and obviously flying later on, and I'm pretty sure there are quite a few people out there who don't think that's fine at all. I'm not sure what kind of changes they've had over there at Blizzard but it seems someone there definitely seems to have a hard on for raids.

But, this is off topic to this thread, so I suppose we can wait until the shit hits the fan about flying being gated behind raiding and discuss it then.
    Blue post basically kinda clarifies that this is false, but speculate and whine as you will.

You would of hated woltk where you needed to do the dungeon/raid meta's to get 310% flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really the problem I have with this is the same problem I had with cataclysm, and mists, and wod. The never ending attempt to engineer player behavior. You can make the argument they've always done that but I would submit to you that prior to cataclysm it never felt so obvious. Now it's just hard not to look at something like that, recognize the design fingerprints all over it and object to the attempt to be coerced and manipulated into whatever content they think is the best.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    why hasn't this thread been locked?... every 2 pages the argument repeats again.

i vote LFR to be deleted, but at the same time i just don't care. let the shitters get their quest items/etc from LFR. if they can't join a normal prog guild or even compete in a pug, it kinda tells the story of the type of player they are... as in starts playing an mmorpg where the aim of the game is in the genre, then refuse to do the mmo part lol *logic*
    You seem angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    Good. Go and actually talk to people who play a mass multi player game with you to help you reach your goal. This is not a single player game, I'm honestly astonished that with how terribly accessible and puggable normal is to people now that the plug on LFR wasn't pulled this expansion. Many people have pointed out that it promotes really bad mentality and mindsets among endgame players, and encourages the 'okay now I quit until next content patch' state of affairs.

Getting loot to get into normal is cake, Emerald nightmare is a fairly short raid. There's absolutely no reason not to shoot for normal as your step one into raiding.

The normal mode is legitimately easier than heroic, there are things on heroic you have to do a little differently to stay alive. There's no 'oh the numbers just go down a little', this time around. It feels a little more in line with where SoO flex mode was. And that's good.

So for the love of pete, don't be a chicken shit and pug normal, it'll be fine. And even if it's not fine, remember that lfr fails (somehow) too just due to morons, they are at every tier of raiding...yes even mythic, they get weeded out slowly, but they're there. You gotta wade through the morons to find the worthwhile and this is just a fact you deal with in every aspect of life. Ruining the social aspects of the game for the sake of a budget, tourist mode version of raiding is dumb. There's no fulfillment, there's no fanfare of 'yay you did it, you did a social and beat the goal, gg you'. It's just 'here's your souvenir loot, grats, you pressed a button to queue, good for you, now get out'
    as do you.

Calm down and stop being so overly judgmental and hate filled on the internet toward people you don't even and probably never will even know. You'll live healthier lives. I know you think being anonymous on the internet basically grants you some special power to talk about strangers like they're human garbage, but the rest of the world kind of frowns on that.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-09-28 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    You would of hated woltk where you needed to do the dungeon/raid meta's to get 310% flying.
    Or get gladiator, don't forget that.

*Mist fogs over rose coloured goggles*
    Those were the good old days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Really the problem I have with this is the same problem I had with cataclysm, and mists, and wod. The never ending attempt to engineer player behavior. You can make the argument they've always done that but I would submit to you that prior to cataclysm it never felt so obvious. Now it's just hard not to look at something like that, recognize the design fingerprints all over it and object to the attempt to be coerced and manipulated into whatever content they think is the best.
    Oh no, the developers want you to play with people in an online game. The horror.

Deleted
    Blue post basically kinda clarifies that this is false, but speculate and whine as you will.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=7#post-132

Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl
    So you can confirm that Loremaster is completeable in LFR.
    Confirmed.

There is no need for a LFR war in here.

The reason this sucks in particular is because it is not stated in the quest that it requires Normal+ difficulty.

End of discussion.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."